Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profanity Name From Sister of Parvos

AllenWhat

The profanity filter works really weird, like it's a double standard or something. So I got a sister named Sadia Mussidieerro, which I don't see any specific offensive words in the name.

2qgxnMV6nook6EDMo4mYXN.jpg

And after beating her up I got the hound with default name Sadia Mussidieerro Hound. When I tried to gild the hound with default name, I got the profanity warning pop up.

4eEwnfnJK8fo92diCurY89.jpg

77e7sIX2UtZAzrbs7eX4BV.jpg

2XaUgtuXqXNToVjnl7X3GE.jpg

Yeah, I admit that I'm just too lazy to name the hound, I agree. But please tell me that DE are not too lazy to apply profanity filter on their random naming system.

Must be the "Die" in it. (Or Mussie) 

The issue with the  profanity filter is that, it's far too sensitive, people have been complaing about this thing sense it was placed in the game and there will be nothing done about it OP, due to there is "sensitive" people out there.

You just have to suck it up and accept it, I'm afraid. Twitter Folk and the alike are breeding into this game like rabbits and it will stay like this forever, Just yet another reason on the list, of why people don't play this game, New Players I feel more sorry for, as they can have good names and make up things, yet once they say a "no no" word, they are treated like scum of the earth.

Sorry pal

Edit: Jesus, don't look up the word "Mussie" like I did, mistakes where made

It is the die part since the name cannot distinguish if there are actual names included etc. So someone cannot run around with a "threat message" towards someone or something, like "Die Larry" or some such.

Silly, but it is what it is in this thin skin age we live in.

52 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is the die part since the name cannot distinguish if there are actual names included etc. So someone cannot run around with a "threat message" towards someone or something, like "Die Larry" or some such.

Silly, but it is what it is in this thin skin age we live in.

people blame on this "thin skin age" we live in, but i blame it on the bigots and racist that ruined it for the rest of us. These filters wouldnt exist if it wasnt for people trying so hard to offend people. 

35 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

people blame on this "thin skin age" we live in, but i blame it on the biggots and racist that ruined it for the rest of us. These filters wouldnt exist if it wasnt for people trying so hard to offend people. 

That's a fair way at looking at it.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

my bad, wouldnt want to offend bigots and racist by calling them out. 

If you were talking about problems in real life then I would have agreed with your original statement but we are talking about the in game filters which primarily exist due to trolling.

*in granum's void Pyramid*

Parvos: " and so sister, you shall have a new name: and it will be "Mayka Zan Duwich"

Sister Mayka Zan Duwich, 1st assistant general manager of Culinary Supplies:  -__-

Parvos: "what? it was the whisper that gave you your name.. the whisper... oooo!" *spooky hand motions* 

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

*in granum's void Pyramid*

Parvos: " and so sister, you shall have a new name: and it will be "Mayka Zan Duwich"

Sister Mayka Zan Duwich, 1st assistant general manager of Culinary Supplies:  -__-

Parvos: "what? it was the whisper that gave you your name.. the whisper... oooo!" *spooky hand motions* 

:crylaugh:

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

people blame on this "thin skin age" we live in, but i blame it on the bigots and racist that ruined it for the rest of us. These filters wouldnt exist if it wasnt for people trying so hard to offend people. 

You would have a point if non-offensive words weren't also censored in games. 

"Profanity filters" are also used to prevent people from mentioning things that are a no no in specific countries even though they aren't bad words and have nothing to do with bigots or racism.

49 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

You would have a point if non-offensive words weren't also censored in games. 

"Profanity filters" are also used to prevent people from mentioning things that are a no no in specific countries even though they aren't bad words and have nothing to do with bigots or racism.

yeah- no. Its idiot bigots and racist that like to troll people that usually takes things too far. I will blame them. They ruin things. Same with most online gaming communities that turn to heavy censorship. "F-ing ur moms" is frowned upon, but soon that gives way to even more vile talk- forcing devs to react. Most uncensored communities usually devolve into bigots and racist saying whatever they want. 

I'm guessing the profanity filter is scanning for bad words from all languages... which is probably why you can't find the bad word in your Sister of Parvos' hound's name!

EDIT:

42 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

yeah- no. Its idiot bigots and racist that like to troll people that usually takes things too far. I will blame them. They ruin things. Same with most online gaming communities that turn to heavy censorship. "F-ing ur moms" is frowned upon, but soon that gives way to even more vile talk- forcing devs to react. Most uncensored communities usually devolve into bigots and racist saying whatever they want. 

I blame DE. Warframe is rated M... so everyone who plays Warframe is 17 or older (they're supposed to be, right?). OK... so, IMO, we don't really need DE to moderate chat or names or anything like that. And a very simple client-side filter can just mask out the profanity for players that don't want to see profanity.

It does make the game a lot nicer to not have profanity (masked out or otherwise)... but yeah, this is DE imposing additional community standards on us. So yeah, this is completely on DE. They can write the code to work around all these silly edge case names for a moderation system that we don't really need... because we're 17 or older.

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I would hardly blame racists and bigots. It's children and trolls that are the reason for it. Many of them arent racist or bigot, they do it simply to trigger (successfully I can see) other people. Sure, some of them are bigots and racist aswell, but I've known so many bigots and racists in my life, both in gaming communities and outside, few of them have gone to troll levels in games, since it is their hobby that they wanna enjoy no matter who they are elsewhere.

Plus a better solution to this would be a simple filter, just like profanity filters. Turn it off and live with whatever you see, or turn in back on again. I'm still royaly pissed off that I couldnt name one of my companions here Blackie, since some how that is an offensive term. Nevermind it is also one of the greatest frontmen on the metal scene.

And I see more hidden bigotry accepted in the game, which to me should be just as unacceptable. And I think if those specific cases were turned around, it would not be accepted, and likely reported. Like certain clans only accepting certain types of people based on creed or gender, which only tends to favor one side.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

but I've known so many bigots and racists in my life, both in gaming communities and outside, few of them have gone to troll levels in games, since it is their hobby that they wanna enjoy no matter who they are elsewhere.

hilarious take. You apperantly know a lot of thoughtful racist. My experience is quite the opposite. 

I'm still royaly pissed off that I couldnt name one of my companions here Blackie, since some how that is an offensive term. Nevermind it is also one of the greatest frontmen on the metal scene.

You were royaly pissed? Really? You dont see how that name for a companion could in any way be seen as offensive and possible ruin someone's time innocently joining a public game? THIS is why filters exist. Its because there will be too many people disingenuously naming items after things that would offend people, pretending to not understand how it could be offensive. 

And I see more hidden bigotry accepted in the game, which to me should be just as unacceptable. And I think if those specific cases were turned around, it would not be accepted, and likely reported. Like certain clans only accepting certain types of people based on creed or gender, which only tends to favor one side.

What do you even mean by this? From DE? Other players? You know what- keep it to yourself and continue playing coy. 

I named my hounds after tools.

Hammer, Spanner and "Cannot have profanity yadda yadda yadda"

I'll give you a hint, it's a tool used to apply threaded fasteners for wood which share the first half of this tools name which ends in the word "Driver"

Who chooses what words are profanity in Warframe? A 5 year old? For a game which claims to be M rated DE sure is terrified of offending someone.

Archived