Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players who use default appearance on everything.....

AzureScion

One thing I find REALLY annoying is that weapon colours can't be saved per loadout.

I use the same 2-3 weapons on each frame I have, but I colour the frames differently, and while I mostly go with a purple/white/black/teal theme, there are a couple of frames I have in very different colour themes to the others. 

Eg - This isn't the weapon I use, but it's one I coloured to match Octavia while levelling them both.  Doesn't work on the other frames.
OneGun.png

Even doing the "copy warframe colours" is hit or miss because while I might use the same colours on most frames, the regions they are used on can be different, which can make a huge difference in the look of the weapon.  It's also annoying to have to do that each time I switch frames.

So in the end I've resorted to using a white/black/gold colour theme for weapons that will mostly work with any of the colours I have on my frames, even if the energy colour is a bit wrong sometimes.

Sometime I change my appearance to default just because I feel like it. Maybe with only minor alteration like slight darker or lighter shade of the same color. It's entirely depend on the mood that day.

Also when a lot of people are trying to be unique they ended up looking the same, thus the one that doesn't bother actually stand out. Cuz I swear I took notice of people with default appearance a lot more than a colorful, full attachments cosmetic.

And some of the default appearance actually look pretty good. 

41 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Sometime I change my appearance to default just because I feel like it. Maybe with only minor alteration like slight darker or lighter shade of the same color. It's entirely depend on the mood that day.

Also when a lot of people are trying to be unique they ended up looking the same, thus the one that doesn't bother actually stand out. Cuz I swear I took notice of people with default appearance a lot more than a colorful, full attachments cosmetic.

And some of the default appearance actually look pretty good. 

You know, that was the reason I made this post in the first place. These people stand out beyond the other black-red-white colored frames. That's why I thought they were interesting, since customization is one of Warframe's biggest forte.

I avoid fashion though I am not against fashion, it keeps the money rolling in for DE. When I first started, I used default colours on my frames but I thought that might look a bit too noobish so they all got random colours. All my weapons still have default colours. I have changed a lot of ability colours to be darker to avoid screen glare. My one concession to fashion is a macak helmet for Wukong, those trailers coming out of his head annoyed me. 

8 minutes ago, FishMcCool said:

I do horrible things to frames with paint before feeding them to the Helminth. It's not a final act of disrespect, I just want a variety of pretty flowers.

Hey that might enhance the flavor for him too. Maybe red for spicy, yellow for curry paste, green for herbs, and a bit of white for some salt n pepper!

Can't believe I get called out this early in the morning. 

Anyway, I use default appearance because my colour theory sucks. I can't colour for sh-. All the default deluxe skin looks so so good already, I have 0 reason to edit it away imo. 

Take the default Hydroid, Octavia for example. How do you even colour them... 

MR30 here. I have a color swapped Nyx in my arsenal just in case. Also i have a full loadout with Dark Sector Excal. Proto skin and Glaive and Braton and Lato (with riven ofc) I usually play sometimes a slow tactical run. Its fun sometimes. They probably like the default skin or does'nt have enough plat to get a decent palette(Remember each palette cost 75 plat) Most players won't pay a dime and doesn't care about the trade chat.

I bet players go through different phases when it comes to fashion. Everything blue, everything bright green, all weapons grey, no red no black, corpus build weapons blue, grineer green infested red, white frames for orb vallis, everything black, oh that purple looks nice, all weapon effects brown, ok let's stick to just one pallet, let's just use these 8 favourite colors, that syandana is awesome lets put in on everything oh no wait it looks silly on that frame, everything must have spiky shoulders and legs, that ephamera is dated now, gotta have that gun skin, what angle should my melee weapon dangle, should I even display 'cos it messes with my syandana etc. etc.

After a while you just give in and go back to stock everything rather than spend hours and hours going round in circles. Then after a couple of weeks you get tired of the retro look...

3 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Who uses default colors/appearance on EVERYTHING? Absolutely no one. 

That's what I thought, until I met someone I described in my original post. Blue-red look of default Wukong, with sheathed black-gold Kronen Prime, all the way to their grey-green Kuva Nukor, standing idly in the middle of a mobile defense objective with a slightly hunched back stance a la the default idle stance. And of course he had the grey lotus sygil on. 

I legitimately thought he was a smurf account and was speedrunning the game.. like literally speedrunning. With all those %RTA and stuff.

Why would I not change the appearance of my gear?

Why would I do it? Especially given that the vast majority of stuff I'm just going to 30 and then forget.

Some things get tweaked, but not by much. I honestly don't care what it looks like. The way the game's been going, it actively punishes me for looking at it (see: removal of autoexposure toggle), so there is no motivation for me to care about tiny little details when the big picture gives me a headache.

maybe op forgets that when you first start warframe they give you one pallet... it isn't even a complete pallet its just the middle row and most of those colors don't look nice.

warframes come with colors outside of that pallet, so blame DE! yeah they do "giveaways" but those only come around now and again you just have to know to login at the right time and also look at the marketplace for the 1cred buy nothing in game points you todo this ! so again its easily missed and I blame DE again!

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

maybe op forgets that when you first start warframe they give you one pallet... it isn't even a complete pallet its just the middle row and most of those colors don't look nice.

warframes come with colors outside of that pallet, so blame DE! yeah they do "giveaways" but those only come around now and again you just have to know to login at the right time and also look at the marketplace for the 1cred buy nothing in game points you todo this ! so again its easily missed and I blame DE again!

This.

The starting colors are all garish neon. 

i have settled on a particular look that works very well for me and use it on all of my warframes and weapons, goes like this: light grey, grey, dark grey, light grey, both blue and red for emisive and energy colors. if the warframe or weapon has crazy visual effects i change the energy colors to pitch black to protect my eyesight.

I tend to use a lot of default-looking things for mainly two reasons:

1.- I think the original drip is superior to what I have so sometimes its like forming the fashion lmao

2.- Roleplay, you know the primes from the old war werent using rainbow weapons they were using the default colors so... its kinda the same when I want to look like a Grineer Tenno (now I realize how cursed that sounds) or something like that

No, Im not poor, I have a lot of prime accessories, the majority of syandanas, almost every pallette, almost every plat purchasable and so... its just that sometimes less is better.

25 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i have settled on a particular look that works very well for me and use it on all of my warframes and weapons, goes like this: light grey, grey, dark grey, light grey, both blue and red for emisive and energy colors. if the warframe or weapon has crazy visual effects i change the energy colors to pitch black to protect my eyesight.

I do absolutely the same. I have like 9 colors in my favorites and 5 of them are just shades of green and black/white to make frames look good to me and I simply use copy frame colors on weapons whatever frame I just equipped it for. I might change one or two colors if it's absulutely S#&$ty, but the moment I see some unnecessary particle effect either in the skillset or on the weapon, that's an instant true black to me. My default energy color is orange with black, but I had to change it to black-black a lot to make stuff playable.

I would like to share my experience that kuva nukor has a special particle effect when enemies dying (like nova molecular prime [4]), that is based on either warframe energy or accent colors, so the visual effect won't disappear whatever you color your kuva nukor. You have to recolor your frame to change it. Sorry, but I can't remember which color part exactly. It was changed by a patch in recent months, or just happened to be appearing when I updated my nvidia driver, don't know. It is the most disturbing S#&$ though.

6 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

I do absolutely the same. I have like 9 colors in my favorites and 5 of them are just shades of green and black/white to make frames look good to me and I simply use copy frame colors on weapons whatever frame I just equipped it for. I might change one or two colors if it's absulutely S#&$ty, but the moment I see some unnecessary particle effect either in the skillset or on the weapon, that's an instant true black to me. My default energy color is orange with black, but I had to change it to black-black a lot to make stuff playable.

I would like to share my experience that kuva nukor has a special particle effect when enemies dying (like nova molecular prime [4]), that is based on either warframe energy or accent colors, so the visual effect won't disappear whatever you color your kuva nukor. You have to recolor your frame to change it. Sorry, but I can't remember which color part exactly. It was changed by a patch in recent months, or just happened to be appearing when I updated my nvidia driver, don't know. It is the most disturbing S#&$ though.

i wish we didn't have to sacrifice looks with the instances of crazy over the top explosions and visual effect spectacular on the screen but it's just the way it is sadly, i usually don't use my kuva nukor myself tho, it's on my wukong's clone and on call crew and i'm usually using a bright color to see where the clone is attacking the enemies and see where they are spawning from.

Archived