Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot not applying to certain weapons [Investigating]

Kaiga

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

DE has opened about this with the latest update: This is intentional.

Agree or disagree, at least we now know it's not a bug.

They said that it not applying to AoE is (now) intentional.

Changed the description of Galvanized Aptitude to better reflect its current function (which clarifies that area of effect damage is not included)

• ... BUT WAIT! We want to explain why because it’s very important to us that everyone understands where we are coming from with our current design mindset. AoE Weapons are the dominant ones by every usage metric. We see this day after day. Having this bonus apply to the AoE instance felt dangerously close to a myopic choice concerning powering up player Arsenals that simply do not need it. This mod never worked on AoE, and the description now explains that to avoid confusion. We understand those seeking a different outcome will disagree with this choice, but ultimately we are not willing to further bolster AoE at this time. This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno.   

But all the other issues, primarily with projectile weapons, weren't addressed in that statement.  Have they been fixed?

They went "screw this bug, it's actually intended."
All the big boy hitters get to screw over the little guys. Bramma doesn't care at all about not being able to use galvanized aptitude because it already strong enough and doesn't rely on follow up hits to take real advantage of Galv Aptitude.
Meanwhile smaller AoE weapons that rely on numerous hits (like Astilla, Scourge, Trumna, Zhuge Prime, and Cyanex to name a few) get penalized for the sins of the real offenders.

And this is ignoring that PROJECTILE WEAPONS STILL DO NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH ANY OF THE THE GALVANIZED STATUS MODS
And that DE did nothing to try and fix them here. Just went "lol no AoE allowed." Never mind that some hitscan weapons (All of the Kuva/Tenet ones, Kohm family, Opticor family) don't work properly with the mods either.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Don't know how you're getting that I said that they won't bother fixing.
I'm saying that the issue with projectiles still hasn't been fixed for what, 5 months now? Years if you want to count projectile melees.

Oh my bad I also didn't see that the update just dropped and with this:

"Changed the description of Galvanized Aptitude to better reflect its current function (which clarifies that area of effect damage is not included)

• ... BUT WAIT! We want to explain why because it’s very important to us that everyone understands where we are coming from with our current design mindset. AoE Weapons are the dominant ones by every usage metric. We see this day after day. Having this bonus apply to the AoE instance felt dangerously close to a myopic choice concerning powering up player Arsenals that simply do not need it. This mod never worked on AoE, and the description now explains that to avoid confusion. We understand those seeking a different outcome will disagree with this choice, but ultimately we are not willing to further bolster AoE at this time. This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno."

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

And that DE did nothing to try and fix them here.

I mean they probably did try to fix them. Though it most likely did turn into "this is a nightmare to fix and we can't get it to work, screw AOE then, it's strong enough anyways." and I guess are also ignoring those other weapons you listed.

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Sorry, I'm missing some context. Which part is intentional? How certain weapons are not working with Galv Apptitude?

At least AoE splash damage not benefiting from the mod is intentional as per recent patch notes.

I presume the issue with projectiles themselves not being affected is still a bug.

11 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

Oh I thought why my Ogris doesn’t do damage with this mod... I probably wil sell it than, as I don’t like any. Too bad my Tenet detron is also broken/

Keep them.... 

Remember how Rubbish Cautious Shot used to be.... Well many years later they buffed it so it's not so Rubbish anymore....

I hate these mods but even I have them at Max Rank.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I even upgraded Mending Shot despite it not being able to Work with Equilibrium.... 

You gotta stay one step ahead of DE... Don't leave them any room to try and Bamboozle you... Il be ready for the next time they try and Pull this Crap on us 😝

Il y a 11 heures, SpiritTeA a dit :

Oh I thought why my Ogris doesn’t do damage with this mod... I probably wil sell it than, as I don’t like any. Too bad my Tenet detron is also broken/

You better scale Heat damage if you use Nightwatch Napalm, that's the only thing that can increase its damage (or faction mods and Roar)

13 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Well i'm disappointed but on the other hand...........can't really find an upside to this

Its ended i guess?

DE added some really important stuff like sneeze animations for companions this patch. They didn't have time to sort out frivolous stuff like Galvanized mods.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm quite happy they set the foot down and said "enough!" when it came to things that buff AoE even more. I would however like to see the savvy mods work with projectiles. Heck, AoE would be in a great spot even with none of the Galvanized mods.

The problem I see is the big hitting aoe weapons didn't need the buffs but the mid to low tier ones could use still some help. 

Like the bramma had to slot a SC mod for an extra damage buff that was only triggered on multiple shots. 

Then there was months of no communication where we thought it was a bug but now they finally tell us it was working intended. If that's the case they should have been up front from release and put does not effect are damage on the mod from day one. 

18 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Then there was months of no communication where we thought it was a bug but now they finally tell us it was working intended. If that's the case they should have been up front from release and put does not effect are damage on the mod from day one. 

Oh I agree they should have told us from day one. I'm glad though that it went like it did, with nothing gained and nothing lost since we never got the effect from the mod in the first place. The forums would have probably been set ablaze as if it was Ragnarok if the damage applied earlier and got removed in the patch.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Oh I agree they should have told us from day one. I'm glad though that it went like it did, with nothing gained and nothing lost since we never got the effect from the mod in the first place. The forums would have probably been set ablaze as if it was Ragnarok if the damage applied earlier and got removed in the patch.

Nothing lost except time and effort farming,  endo and credits spent on ranking R10 mods, forma and time spent modifying multiple builds to fit new mods. 

It kind of a S#&$ty situation where my time and effort was wasted. Not the first time and not the last. I should be used to it by now.

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

Nothing lost except time and effort farming,  endo and credits spent on ranking R10 mods, forma and time spent modifying multiple builds to fit new mods. 

It kind of a S#&$ty situation where my time and effort was wasted. Not the first time and not the last. I should be used to it by now.

Well I didnt forma anything for that mod specifically since I've had years of experience with several other conditional status mods that have not worked on "projectiles", so assumed this one didnt either and made sure if it worked or not prior to investing anything to slot it. And on the weapons I inteded to use it were it doesnt work (AoE guns), they already had more than enough capacity due to being Kuva/Tenet weapons formad for max mastery.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well I didnt forma anything for that mod specifically since I've had years of experience with several other conditional status mods that have not worked on "projectiles", so assumed this one didnt either and made sure if it worked or not prior to investing anything to slot it. And on the weapons I inteded to use it were it doesnt work (AoE guns), they already had more than enough capacity due to being Kuva/Tenet weapons formad for max mastery.

What other mods don't work on projectiles or aoe weapons? I was unaware that this was a regular thing and I've played this game entirely too much.

Archived