Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

archwing slingshot, who the hek uses that thing

Sharkgoblin

2 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

seriously i even forgot it existed and i do play railjack.

if you use it, tell me the reason, im curious.

oh and last, happy holidays tenno 

What kind of information are you after?

I don’t use it often as I tend to run as the pilot. So the need to use it is low. It is useful when you need to jump to an objective or crewship.

Yeah... the gameplay doesn't really give any good reason.

The only few times I used it was in pug, to launch myself toward the optionnal objective while the others got started on the rest.

And by that I of course mean "while the others do absolutly nothing, so that I still have to do everything pretty much by myself everytime without fail"... but well, that doesn't really change from the rest of pug warframe...

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What kind of information are you after?

I don’t use it often as I tend to run as the pilot. So the need to use it is low. It is useful when you need to jump to an objective or crewship.

now that makes sense, i always am the pilot since i tend to play rj solo so i dont get ot use it  almost never except for that part in the new war quest

i use it to give myself a boost in the direction i need to go (assuming the railjack needs to stay somewhere else) or in some cases i've used it to invade ships quickly. but yeah, its not as useful as something like the forward artillery. 

2 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

now that makes sense, i always am the pilot since i tend to play rj solo so i dont get ot use it  almost never except for that part in the new war quest

If you are playing solo the only use tends to be crewships. But realistically that is only if you run out of dome charges. If you are not the pilot it is helpful for getting too objectives quicker - it covers about 7000m distance.

Um... I do as have many others I have played with.

I use it to fire off into the distance, it's quicker than doing it all by archwing, when doing the sub missions while the ship goes in another direction etc.  Is it a little niche, maybe but I'm not the only one who does it.

12 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

I'm solo player as well.

Slingshoting to Crewships, "Main ships" or other objectives seems better than going to Archwing to enter ships (or stuffs) manually (well... Slingshot sometimes slams you into door so you still have to press X to enter).

I heard that you can destroy Crewships using Forward artillery but I couldn't do it (wrong type of ship probably). I'm not into RJ so I haven't tried it since then.

32 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

Well.... Whenever I'm not The Pilot... I use The Sling Shot to take care of Secondary Objectives that nobody else wants to do....

Ice Mines, Derelicts, Ship Killer Platforms ... I always do those via The Sling Shot....

But that's only if I happen to be in a Group....

I don't touch the Sling Shot when I'm Solo ...

34 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

Happy Tennobaum ♥️ !!! 

1 minute ago, quxier said:

I'm solo player as well.

Slingshoting to Crewships, "Main ships" or other objectives seems better than going to Archwing to enter ships (or stuffs) manually (well... Slingshot sometimes slams you into door so you still have to press X to enter).

I heard that you can destroy Crewships using Forward artillery but I couldn't do it (wrong type of ship probably). I'm not into RJ so I haven't tried it since then.

soem ships have a shield you neeed to disable before the shooting artillery.

16 minutes ago, quxier said:

Maybe you need :

ForwardArtilleryMod.png

It goes nicely with Artillery Cheap Shot (60% is pretty high)

Assuming you are not trying to destroy Shielded Crew Ships... Another thing that could be Messing with your Ability to kill Crew Ships is a random Fighter Blocking your Shots at the last second.... I know this seems unlikely be Jesus Christ it's happened so many times that I think it's actually a Feature 👀....

Another thing is there are some situations where if you shoot The Main Engines then it deals 0 Damage to the Crew Ship.... Make sure you target the Ships Fuselage when using Forward Artillery....

As for the Shielded Ships.... The Grineer Crew Ships can simply have their Shields removed from a Single Shot from the "Tycho Seeker MKIII".... You can get that in your clans's Dry Dock....

The Corpus Shielded Crew Ships are Different.... You need to destroy the Drone that's Orbiting The Crew Ship....

If it's literally just  you then you can just Circle Strafe and pop the Shishkamabob real quick.... If however there's someone on The Turrets shooting at the Crew Ship... This will make trying to Hit The Drone yourself alot harder....

Most players have taken to just using Turrets with Punch Through to Kill The Drone from behind it's Shields ...

In my Case I just head out on Archwing and Destroy the Drones on Both Crew Ships myself.... It's not as Time Consuming as it sounds.... Then I just go back to my Ship and Forward Artillery both Crew Ships.... Easy Peasy !!! 👍

52 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

seriously i even forgot it existed and i do play railjack.

I use it to get some grinner manned ship and do the rest of the mission using it.....I have a lot of fun but I would really like to have one and be able to use and customize it in the dojo.

I'm a fan of the grinner manned ships...I love their design, they're rough and strong.

It is theoretically useful to get a boost towards the objective or crewships as mentioned, but that depends on the pilot pointing the ship roughly in the correct direction, and sometimes even then obstacles can get in the way and block your path, or if there is a crewship near by the slingshot might auto-target it instead of shooting you in the direction you aimed for.

So in practice, particularly in pick-up groups, it's of questionable value and I will often just leave the railjack via airlock even if I know I'm going to have to fly a large distance to get to my destination. However, if you are able to coordinate with the other players by announcing your intentions and the pilot actually notices and listens, it can be pretty useful.

They should probably give the slingshot 360º rotation, maybe as an added feature of the Gunnery 7 intrinsic.

Well, I've been farming anomaly shards recently. There are 6 crewships to kill, and you initially only get two shots of the Forward Artillery. Sometimes the Artillery Cheap Shot doesn't trigger enough times to get me through, AND the fighters don't drop enough Titanium for me to build more Dome Charges at the Forge.

So yeah, sometimes I gotta do things the old-fashioned way. "If you run out of ammo, be the ammo."

20 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, I've been farming anomaly shards recently. There are 6 crewships to kill, and you initially only get two shots of the Forward Artillery. Sometimes the Artillery Cheap Shot doesn't trigger enough times to get me through, AND the fighters don't drop enough Titanium for me to build more Dome Charges at the Forge.

So yeah, sometimes I gotta do things the old-fashioned way. "If you run out of ammo, be the ammo."

aEpBLxo_460swp.webp

LMAO 🤣 !!!

8 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

- it looks awesome

- it's much faster than using Archwing alone, especially for boarding crewships

- when dealing with missile platforms, instead of leaving the ship to sit there and tank all the missiles (can be done but uses up Revo) I'll sometiems park it out of their range then slingshot towards the platform to get there without any harm coming to the ship

- it MAKES YOU INTO A LIVING, HULL-PIERCING BULLET COVERED IN LIGHTNING, HOW IS THAT NOT COOL!!?

I only wish we could use our Mechs in it, for those times when I REALLY want to make an entrance!

It is still ok to use it in rj missions nobody farm anymore. It is faster than droping out and for example if there are 6 crew ships 1 or 2 objectives and fighters to kill, it is still pretty decent board killing 1 or 2 crew ships if you are 4, because you don't want to do artilley while spawn camping the small ships but the time gain is very marginal ^^'. Before the rj rework and the release of artillery cheap shot it was way more usefull tho :). I used it extensively in the earlier versions of rj, however if there was 2 crew ships side by side I would go out and board the other from space.

Slingshots become less necessary as you improve the power of your railjack and your skill as a pilot/ gunner.

Early times , it was good to enter crewships and get closer to objectives without needing to bring you ship close to them.

Now , it's good for reaching secondary objectives (some of which are on crewships) and traversing parts of the map.

Maybe we will get some sub objectives in the future that makes it more relevant , like say a ship protected by "wind" that deflects shots , or a shielded door that needs to be breached.

I tend to play solo and use it to reach the objectives. I need my railjack to stay far away as I find my pilot/gunner can't evade/hit the boarding parties. The pilot and gunner also won't help with enemies inside the ship, and the engineer is only 1 dude, no matter what weapon he has. Then I have to haul myself back to the railjack and deal with it myself. Also with the shipkiller or missile platform the pilot just sits there and gets shot at, like an idiot.

Crew: great for gunning and engineering, not so great at piloting or fighting unsupervised.

Archived