Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soulframe Trademarked by Digital Extremes in Europe

Xaero

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well, DMCV has a Dark Souls style Boss battle. So It makes you wonder...

... It does? am I being dense? None of them seem to fit the bill, but perhaps it's my lack of Soulslike experience (outside a bit of Sekiro or Nioh)

If DE made a spin-off/sequel to Warframe where the Tenno actually get to the Tau system (perhaps through the Duviri space or via other Void-related means), explore/study it and settle there, I'd definitely try it out.

...I'm probably getting my hopes way too high up.

It should be noted that this trademarking only applies to Europe. So it might just be left over trademarking or it may be something done for some future reason specific to a region in Europe, or it can be the first step for something new and Europe was first in the trademarking process. Wouldnt be surprised if it is tied to the Ukrainian thing going on and DE simply covering all fronts incase EU does another #*!%ing kneejerk move to "shield" those effected.

I dont have much faith in an organization that puts heavy weight on keeping strawberries inline by forcing size requirements on them while at the same time having massive gaps in the member nations and their handling of cattle, pigs and poultry that may end up on your dinner table. Three sheets to the wind imo.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Might be done for an expansion into a new country where "War" may not be considered an appropriate prefix for the game name. It can also be tied to an upcoming content update or a new game, game system or something else.

China's version of Warframe is called Star Armor because apparently word "war" is bad in China , also blood is disabled .

It doesn't necessarily have to be a new game, it might be the next expansion name. Other game companies also trademark names of expansions to their games.

Although it is interesting that this does get a trademark, while other big updates didn't (or at least I couldn't find info on it). It's probably something we might learn about during Tennocon.

15 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

China's version of Warframe is called Star Armor because apparently word "war" is bad in China , also blood is disabled .

'He will win who knows when to stan and when not to stan'-Sun Tzu, the Art of Star

I bet it will turn into another mini game of sorts, like that flappy bird rip-off and that 2D side scrolling fight game thats all messed up and somehow barely working from the get-go.

I hope it will turn out to be more but I highly doubt it, I suppose we shall get a  "GET HYPED FOR SOULFRAME!!" "shows cool neat verry edited intro".

At tennocon and mostly everyone watching it would go hype hype hype, only to turn out to be another crappy mini game to play in your orbitor.

perhaps-im-gonna-have-to-up-my-game-step

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

... It does? am I being dense? None of them seem to fit the bill, but perhaps it's my lack of Soulslike experience (outside a bit of Sekiro or Nioh)

Yes. It ticks all the boxes:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Its a gigantic humanoid compared to yourself,
  • Has a big damn sword,
  • The first "phase" you fight him on his mount, which is a dragon-horse thing, which is very annoying,
  • Has a mount which you kill in the first "phase" instead of the rider,
  • You can parry the sword strikes, which opens him to attack,
  • It has some BS movement ability (teleport in this case),
  • When you kill him you disassemble his armor and get it for yourself (but instead of a copy of his armor/weapon you use the armor to make a weapon),

Archived