The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SoulFrame, What are your expectations with it?

X7PLVTINUM

46 minutes ago, Duavey said:

Insufficient data to form a conclusion. 

^this. I'm not hyping or anything, but for the sake of fun, I thoguht about it and it could potentially be any one of the following conclusions:

- a simple name change: we can't deny that Warframe isn't about the Warframes themselves as much anymore as we have various vehicles, a spaceship, Necramechs and now two versions of our operator who is more powerful than ever, so this could just be a rebranding: to me, it doesn't make that they would change it since Warframe is quite well known now, and after all these years it would take time to get used to calling it a new name, but a potential name change does seem somewhat likely in some ways.

- Warframe: Dark Souls edition: are you one of those people that wants warframe to be challenging? too bad, that's never gonna happen, but now it doesn't need to! with SoulFrame™, a re-imagining of the popular action game based on the works of Hidetaka Miyazaki and From Software. create a hideously ugly character and explore each of the Origin system's planets on foot as you navigate familiar grineer and corpus outposts and Infested Zones only your weapons are incredibly weak as there's no mods and all of the enemies can kill you instantly! 

- Warframe:Mobile: we know DE wnats warframe to run on basically every platform currently in existence, so this could be somethign as simple as the name for a Mobile game that is set in the same universe. I don't do mobile gaming but I'm all for it if the money it makes goes towards making Warframe itself better!

- Soul(food)Frame: as a retired Tenno, you find work in Nora Night's new Soul Food Shack located on a busy Solar rail: now you must use your tenno skills to cook the perfect dishes and serve the customers before they get mad and walk away. balance, cooking, service, cleaning and helping to run the finances of Nora Night's business to become the gretaest chef in the Origin system!

- Soul(Caliber)Frame: Frame fighter becomes it's own rebranded game, and adds new features like special attacks and executions for a remarkable 1v1 PvP experience that you can play online or split-screen!

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You understand The Amazing Eternals (formerly Keystone) refunded their Founders and DE completely killed the game right? It's about as "on hold" as Dark Sector Armistice.

They refunded because they were putting it on hold as the "Hero Shooter" genre was saturated at the time. They can still pick up where they left to make something new of it.

Not saying its their next project but i still have hopes to see it come out some day.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

^this. I'm not hyping or anything, but for the sake of fun, I thoguht about it and it could potentially be any one of the following conclusions:

- a simple name change: we can't deny that Warframe isn't about the Warframes themselves as much anymore as we have various vehicles, a spaceship, Necramechs and now two versions of our operator who is more powerful than ever, so this could just be a rebranding: to me, it doesn't make that they would change it since Warframe is quite well known now, and after all these years it would take time to get used to calling it a new name, but a potential name change does seem somewhat likely in some ways.

- Warframe: Dark Souls edition: are you one of those people that wants warframe to be challenging? too bad, that's never gonna happen, but now it doesn't need to! with SoulFrame™, a re-imagining of the popular action game based on the works of Hidetaka Miyazaki and From Software. create a hideously ugly character and explore each of the Origin system's planets on foot as you navigate familiar grineer and corpus outposts and Infested Zones only your weapons are incredibly weak as there's no mods and all of the enemies can kill you instantly! 

- Warframe:Mobile: we know DE wnats warframe to run on basically every platform currently in existence, so this could be somethign as simple as the name for a Mobile game that is set in the same universe. I don't do mobile gaming but I'm all for it if the money it makes goes towards making Warframe itself better!

- Soul(food)Frame: as a retired Tenno, you find work in Nora Night's new Soul Food Shack located on a busy Solar rail: now you must use your tenno skills to cook the perfect dishes and serve the customers before they get mad and walk away. balance, cooking, service, cleaning and helping to run the finances of Nora Night's business to become the gretaest chef in the Origin system!

- Soul(Caliber)Frame: Frame fighter becomes it's own rebranded game, and adds new features like special attacks and executions for a remarkable 1v1 PvP experience that you can play online or split-screen!

It could also be Soul(music)frame, a celebration of music defying the times as you defy the Grineer, rhythmically slaughtering everything in sight to the sounds of jazz, gospel and rhythm and blues?

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

A reflex of my discontentment with some changes they have made and lackluster content they have been releasing.

Does it bother you?

It makes me go "this guy is trying so hard, maybe I should poke them a bit to see what happens", like a used to do with blowfishes after taking them out of the hook.

Its this mild urge to poke it more.

6 hours ago, -Krism- said:

They trademarked the word, who told you it was going to be a game?

For all we know it could be an animated series, a set of new comics or even just merch

The Nice Classifications tell us it's going to be a Game as a Service and Software.  For those who do not know, you need to specify what type of product your trademark covers.  Since the trademark registration for Soulframe specifies 41 (Service - Entertainment etc.) and 9 (Computer Software etc.), we know that it most likely will be an online game like Warframe.

But back on topic, I know what I do not want Soulframe to be.  DE, please do not just take all of the themes and systems from Warframe and stick it in a sword-and-sorcery setting.  Please do not try to pull a Warhammer Fantasy / Warhammer 40k on us, as that would suck hard...

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

This actually sounds plausible.

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

lol, it's perfect! 😆 Now we need food profiles for all the characters and villians and cook-off showdowns for possible rivals.

• Early lunch for Konzu.
  • Lech Krill wants lots of ice in his drinks.
  • THE Kela De Thaym wants drinks with the cute little umbrellas.
  • Our rival, Nakak, features high-energy dishes using Termite Droppings.
  • Need to stock up on air freshener, just in case the asteroid base commander appears for a surprise attack.

obYG6pp.png
Its commander is a known war criminal, lives on Vobi butter, and smells like a blown up men's room. Take him out. Leave an air freshener.

It's a typo, it will be an entirely different new game called Saulframe based on Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul:

It will be a game similar to Ace Attorney but with more combat elements, fishing and mining.

Well , here's what I hope it wont be :

- Rename of Warframe because word "war" is bad or something

- Mobile gacha game ( remember DE is owned by Chinese company and they love their gacha games )

- Warframe spin off ( I'd prefer something more original )

- PvP focused game ( we all know what happened to The Amazing Eternals )

Looking at the trademark and seeing what has been done elsewhere and what is planned elsewhere recently, I'm 99.99% sure that soulframe will be an expansion/rebrand following a new story. Possibly to the same point that GGG plans on with PoE and PoE2, where it is the same game as the old, just under a new name, with a new storyline you can start in.

Here in WF I expect this to have something to do with Duviri, since at this point we are done with the Warframe storyline, we are back on the spoiler ship etc. that vanished all those years and years ago. And a certain someone showed their real face in TNW and so on. So soulframe would be a perfect time for a rebrand and potentially a new starter story in WF, a story that is a continuation for us, but something new players can decide to start out in. DE might consider Duviri to be the final step on the current storyline though, so soulframe is something after that.

3 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

- Mobile gacha game ( remember DE is owned by Chinese company and they love their gacha games )

That would be kinda idiotic since WF as it is will be available on mobile soon. So why make another game to compete with your own? Plus, update your into on the company, it hasnt been chinese for quite some years. It is atm majority owned by a south african company. WF had more to do with the chinese under their old owner, and that was a HK based company, that says alot.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Looking at the trademark and seeing what has been done elsewhere and what is planned elsewhere recently, I'm 99.99% sure that soulframe will be an expansion/rebrand following a new story. Possibly to the same point that GGG plans on with PoE and PoE2, where it is the same game as the old, just under a new name, with a new storyline you can start in.

Yeah, I think rebranding is quite possible, although quite risky. Warframe is already well established, so I don't see why they would rebrand it, but who knows. Maybe there is a good reason for it.

The whole IP trademark might also be a PR stunt before Tennocon, so keep that in mind.

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

People are jumping the gun here ,

Trademarking something does not mean it will turn into a game necessarily. 

as of now I have little to no expectations.

My thoughts exactly. Bu the question I have is why would DE be working on another game, when they still have so much on their plate with Warframe anyway?

I'd assume it's for rebranding in China. Though IIRC the game already has a different name in China but still has "Warframe" on the logo. Could also have to do with the ongoing conflict and China maybe being more touchy about the word "War" than usual due to it.

Though in regards to new game speculations DE did open at least 8 new job positions this month. Could just be regular expanding or refilling open positions though.

11 minutes ago, trst said:

I'd assume it's for rebranding in China. Though IIRC the game already has a different name in China but still has "Warframe" on the logo. Could also have to do with the ongoing conflict and China maybe being more touchy about the word "War" than usual due to it.

Though in regards to new game speculations DE did open at least 8 new job positions this month. Could just be regular expanding or refilling open positions though.

Then why did they apply for the trademark in Europe?

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That I didn't know. Though it could still be a rebranding there for similar reasons.

A new game just seems far less likely especially with a name that doesn't make much sense to use.

But who knows. Amazing Eternals came out of nowhere and DE doesn't have any other (recent) games they developed outside of Warframe. Would make sense for them to finally expand the company into other primary games instead of random development collaborations.

Edit: I stand corrected. They did develop a Star Trek game back in 2013. But since then they've only done Eternals, a collab, and most recently published a game from a different studio.

i mean i think it's pretty obvious, my expectation is that SoulFrame will be a 3rd-person puzzle-adventure game where players take on the role of a Tenno trying to solve a 4th dimensional murder.  the game will release on all platforms on June 10th, 2022, at a price of $70 US for the first season or $120 for a double-season pass.  SoulFrame will have the new highest reviewer score on MetaCritic and be a rousing financial success, which is why there will be several more years of SoulFrame seasons culminating in season 72: The Truth of the Innner.  Given how good the game is going to be I am very excited and I can't wait to see how immersive the movement controls feel while investigating

On 2022-05-27 at 10:49 AM, SneakyErvin said:

I think they where on the right track but instead of china I think it's rebranding for Russia. I believe it's because Russian media is  censoring the word "War" so it might be causing problems for Warframe & its players over there(?) 

Not quite sure actually but that's what I think anyways.

4 hours ago, Grizzmoe said:

I think they where on the right track but instead of china I think it's rebranding for Russia. I believe it's because Russian media is  censoring the word "War" so it might be causing problems for Warframe & its players over there(?) 

Possibly. It's completely possible that they just trademarked the name and not the actual game that was being conceptualized

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grizzmoe:

No.

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/digital-extremes-ongoing-support-for-ukraine

There is no way you can connect statements and decisions like provided in the link with changing the name of the game to not cause any trouble in Russia.

And besides that, Russia is censoring the word in the context of the war in Ukraine, not in general.

If you are looking for a crazy theory, it is that “Duviri Paradox” will be a Warframe-branded open-world version of Red Dead Redemption-style gameplay where a version of your old Operator that DIDN’T Make the deal with the TMITW houses the Soul that makes all other versions possible.

If this Operator dies, all versions die.

Anyway, it’s a Void bubble that TMITW has had the original trapped away in so he can execute his plan.

Your 2 current versions are literal void manifestations tethered to the original.

SOULFRAME is your real Operator’s journey to discover the truth in a Space Western/Time Machine environment where he must fight like a non-void-powered Samurai-Cowboy to survive.

The kicker is that your progress in Warframe will allow you to assist this REAL operator with “Void Drops” like the shotgun in the trailer.

Fin

Archived