Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to survive the kahl mission against the Wolf?

Boomshakalaka.

Because I did well the entire mission.  Then I faced the wolf he threw his hammer towards me, I got dragged with the hammer and died instantly. Then I played it again, this time the wolf charge me and did his whirlwind ability and also got dragged me with his  wind ability and  died instantly again.
I had minions /brothers  but even then I was struggling to kill him, way too tanky and way to easy to kill you. How am I suppose to dodge something that moves so fast and so tanky?

Hmm didnt run into him doing much damage at all. But if for some reason he does that to you, use the two pillars and just play hide and seek with him. Command your bros to attack him, then just pop out from behind the pillars after he has done his charge and shoot him a couple of times with grattler, then back behind the pillar until he charges again.

8 minutes ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Because I did well the entire mission.  Then I faced the wolf he threw his hammer towards me, I got dragged with the hammer and died instantly. Then I played it again, this time the wolf charge me and did his whirlwind ability and also got dragged me with his  wind ability and  died instantly again.

Neither of these abilities should be killing you in one hit. You've either hit a glitch, or you're just facetanking all his hits and this is how he finishes you off

You have a jetpack, he does not. While his stagger hitboxes are approximately the size of Montana, his actual damaging hitboxes are small and easily avoidable with any sort of aerial movement

Wolf does have attacks that can take off more than half of your health in a single hit/combo, so if you get hit, just start running.  Jetpack, hide behind walls, do anything to get away.  Get away until you recover to full health, then start pounding him again.  Rinse and repeat until you survive and he is dead.  Basically, just play it safe and never engage him unless you are at full health.

I ended up finally being able to kill him.  Was out of sight and he didn't do anything except go around me on the pillar. His dmg abilities now did 200 - 300. So yeah probably the first was an bug that allowed him to do higher DPS than he should be able to do. Second time I was disable meaning  I was not able to shot with the gattle nor did my character model move. It got fixed as soon as I jetpacked

56 minutes ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

I had minions /brothers  but even then I was struggling to kill him, way too tanky and way to easy to kill you. How am I suppose to dodge something that moves so fast and so tanky?

I just used my head and automatically realized this thing is fast and rushes me so i opted to keep shooting and moving around to keep distance from it, ordering my army to attack him, when my health got too low i used my jetpack and to get cover while the brothers kept him occupied. since kahl isnt like a warframe i couldnt just sit there and take it lol. 

First time I fought him I had 1 close call (pun unintended) where he tackled me into a pillar and Kahl got Knocked down twice. Someone I lived with 2 health. 

Second time (cause I had a bug where the 4th code didn't spawn)....I had Kahl fight the Wold like a man.

We took our Armor off, wrapped our knuckles, got to our opposing corners then...

Kahl hit Commando Mode...

Selected The Wolf...

Then Kahl run away while Army of Brothers beat The Wolf down.

Then Kahl walk away as Honorable Champion.

7 minutes ago, Monolake said:

huh? its really hard to die even if you afk, granted I had a team of brothers but I barely moved and got hit many times

it was most likely a bug. Was not afk was flying around. His  ability just instat killed me for no reason. On the third run, he did the damage he was supposed to do. But the first too he just insta kill me from 1000 hpto 0 in less then 2 seconds

Just did the mission, Wolf isnt that hard, you need to keep a fair distance from him. His hammer does drag you but isnt strong enough to kill you in a single throw, you can use your Dodge to try to push your self away from it, also, use and abuse of your Helion to fly away or stay mid-air wile waiting for your health to regen.

I enjoyed this kind of fight, somewhat challenging (sort of), could have been more so If it weren’t for the health shields of the other grineer and corpus crew, and if the jet pack didn’t have as much run time.

I feel like we could see some coop raid difficulty content coming from a kahl mission since DE has less to worry about balancing there and people not having to worry about having their Warframe gear invalidated. 

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Neither of these abilities should be killing you in one hit. You've either hit a glitch, or you're just facetanking all his hits and this is how he finishes you off

You have a jetpack, he does not. While his stagger hitboxes are approximately the size of Montana, his actual damaging hitboxes are small and easily avoidable with any sort of aerial movement

Yeah literally just use the jetpack and order your like nine dudes at that point to attack him and he'll fall over easy.

5 hours ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

it was most likely a bug. Was not afk was flying around. His  ability just instat killed me for no reason. On the third run, he did the damage he was supposed to do. But the first too he just insta kill me from 1000 hpto 0 in less then 2 seconds

Maybe you should keep your distance from him? He hit me few times but it wasn't anything serious. I could just move around to regenerate HP.

I have 2 question:

- How many brothers (boy & girl brothers) did you have? I had like ~3 more. I wonder if they have some sort of damage reduction. I've seen that 2 get downed.

- Have you used bombs (1) and electric stuffs (3)? I don't think it has huge impact but it helps, even a little.

I think I had 7+ brothers, made  sure they targeted him. Had full of grenades and made sure each hit him.
The two attacks that glitch that made way more dmg then what  they are suppose to is the sledge throw and the charge tornado attack.  I was not face tanking any attacks, I kept my distance the whole time.  But hammer landed on me and  I went from 1000 hp to 0 hp. Which made me so confused to what I died by first, but it was obvious it was the hammer having a bugged dmg value

Archived