The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am super curious about how Xaku Prime is gonna be designed. Reason: lore

Kronxito

Prime frames are the original design, sightly better than mass produced frames. 

Xaku is an amalgam of 3 frames that got lost in the void. So, for it to be coherent with the lore…. Xaku prime shouldnt be a thing.  

It should be 3 prime frames instead:  Gaze prime, Accuse prime and Deny prime.  

3 Prime Accesses which would be 9 months in total. Obviously this isnt gonna happen (it would be amazing if it did!!!!!).

• Like 1

They already faced a similar situation with Revenant Prime; in the Prime Trailer, they imply that Revenant Prime wasn't designed, but rather manifested without causality due to Eternalism void stuff.  I wouldn't expect anything different from Xaku Prime, if they even decide to engage with that aspect at all.

• Like 1

Lore is secondary, Xaku will be primed regardless of how much or little it makes sense

7 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

It should be 3 prime frames instead:  Gaze prime, Accuse prime and Deny prime.  

3 Prime Accesses which would be 9 months in total. Obviously this isnt gonna happen (it would be amazing if it did!!!!!).

As you said, would never happen. That would mean designing three independently functional Warframe kits and leaving out Xaku themselves. If they wanted to design three extra models based on the original lost Warframes as Xaku reskins for the prime access, though, that could definitely get more sales

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 2

Prime Warframes being the original is a bit of an outdated concept now, ever since we had a few character voice lines clarify specifically that some Primes came after the "original", Varzia for example IIRC. Whether or not that makes sense or lines up accurately with implicit ideas around the Warframe in question, lore elements, ehhhh... 

Also, in general, I always think people need to be careful around what they believe the "lore is" as far as the context of when its delivered. General as in fiction. Is the lore delivered from a source that is reliable? Is it meant to be questioned and potentially inaccurate? How many writers are involved? Are they leaving elements of a story or lore open ended or closed? Will they expand on it later, or are they okay with retcons? As readers of the lore, are we considering our own interpretation, and the possibility our interpretation may not be accurate? There is a difference between "this doesn't make sense, because of these factual, objective, neutral reasons" and "this doesn't make sense, because it doesn't make sense to me, because of assumptions I made or make, and I am struggling to reconcile that with new info". 

I am curious about and interested in what they will do, visually though. Whether Xaku Prime came later, or whether they might go with a perhaps, a more bold or experimental approach (even if it may require a more convoluted lore reason). 

• Like 2

According to lore it's a possibility for a Prime to be made after the regular frame. Thus there's no explanation required for how Xaku is Primed other than someone saw the resulting frame and made a Prime out of it. Especially as there's no implication of Xaku being some late creation and was just a couple of frames that had a void related accident.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, trst said:

According to lore it's a possibility for a Prime to be made after the regular frame. Thus there's no explanation required for how Xaku is Primed other than someone saw the resulting frame and made a Prime out of it. Especially as there's no implication of Xaku being some late creation and was just a couple of frames that had a void related accident.

This. Also, if I remember correctly, Xaku was another frame that used the parts of different frames, so they're technically 4 frames in one, no? Xaku also has only 3 of its abilities known, meaning they could be the first ever prime frame that has a completely different ability than the original.

If that's the case, then I'm excited to see it happen!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

This. Also, if I remember correctly, Xaku was another frame that used the parts of different frames, so they're technically 4 frames in one, no? Xaku also has only 3 of its abilities known, meaning they could be the first ever prime frame that has a completely different ability than the original.

If that's the case, then I'm excited to see it happen!!

There was never an original Xaku, what we have is just the end result of three broken Warframes fusing together frankenstein-style

2 hours ago, Kronxito said:

Chroma prime have just Chroma prime neuro/system/chassis. Normal frame used parts from different frames.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

meaning they could be the first ever prime frame that has a completely different ability than the original

Only if you mean giving the other 1-3 abilities extra toggles like The Lost. Otherwise, no thank you.

• Like 1

A lot of the lore had been contradicted and changes, especially the prime wf. Khora's Venari for example, Sigor Savah rescue by Venari that lead him to Khora, later it's change that Venari enter the Sanctuary Onslaught and that's how we now get the Bp. Revenant got eidolon power after he was trap inside whatever eidolon dimension is, and then somehow we got the prime version that had the same power. Even Balas asked who bring out Revenant Prime in the trailer.

Considering Xaku didn't form until after the fall of the Orokin, there would never have been a Prime produced. The only way Xaku Prime would make any sense lore-wise, is if the Entrati and/or Cavia create Xaku Prime themselves as a completely new creation for the Tenno. However, that also means that hunting for the parts via relics would also make no sense, so DE would have to come up with a completely new acquisition method for Xaku Prime.

Ultimately, DE will likely just retcon and/or ignore existing lore for the sake of that sweet sweet Prime Access money though.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

Xaku Prime is gonna be Entrati flavored I think, 

Wally was uninterested in *basic Warframes* getting dropped in the void, they weren't unique enough to gain Wallys attention. Those "uninteresting Warframes" become basic Xaku, discarded by Entrati and ignored by Wally.

Entrati cooks up a super special unique Prime Warframe, one of a kind, so Wally will pay attention and Entrati can do their tests, using Xaku Prime as bait. 

I think Xaku Prime is gonna be a walking brain and nervous system, with Entrati labs focus on anatomy and sensory things, to detect the void. 

Xaku Prime may not be made out of "other Warframes" but might be made "out of Murmur pieces" if Wally personally altered and warped Xaku Prime.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

DE did retcon Helios's lore in the past to make its prime variant "lore-friendly"

That implies it has any lore at all. Even the wiki can only say that the Helios "appears to be of Corpus origin" but with no confirmation (yes I know it came from the Energy lab; however the Acrid is a Grineer weapon from the Bio lab, so i see nothing wrong with a Tenno sentinel in the Energy lab)

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Considering Xaku didn't form until after the fall of the Orokin, there would never have been a Prime produced. The only way Xaku Prime would make any sense lore-wise, is if the Entrati and/or Cavia create Xaku Prime themselves as a completely new creation for the Tenno. However, that also means that hunting for the parts via relics would also make no sense, so DE would have to come up with a completely new acquisition method for Xaku Prime.

Ultimately, DE will likely just retcon and/or ignore existing lore for the sake of that sweet sweet Prime Access money though.

Xaku came into exsistance through frames lost to the void, that doesnt mean the result cant have been a Prime, since all we know is Xaku was created from 3 damaged frames, these 3 could have been primes. The only questionable thing is how it would end up in Relics that are secure weapon caches from the Orokin era locked in the void. Since those Relics would more logically hold each of the seperate frames at that point. Unless the void messed with it as a new singular was made out of the three. 🤷‍♂️

DE will have bigger issues with explaining Calibum and Kullervo. Calibum mostly since he was created outside of the Orokin empire at some point. Kullervo can be explained by having a prime copy made after his imprisonment since the Orokin saw value in the skillset it could provide during the old war.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kronxito said:

Prime frames are the original design, sightly better than mass produced frames. 

Technically false. 

The Prime Frames were enhancements made to the designs of the original frames. 

Which makes sense given Orokin hubris. You know take the original idea, see all the flaws then make a perfected "golden" version and claim they got it right the first time.

The OG frames are the true originals. Admittedly DE basically did this as a retcon as at one point they did once claim the prices were originals. 

That said...

Xaku could always come out as an Umbra Frame if they truly want to adhere to lore. Xaku Umbra could be the TRUE original Xaku, not a reproduction. 

Valkyr should be an Umbra Frame by this logic...but let's not to kick that festering corpse of a horse and stir up the blood flies devouring it. 

I feel like Umbra Frames could be a solution to the more abstract in lore Frames.

16 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

They already faced a similar situation with Revenant Prime; in the Prime Trailer, they imply that Revenant Prime wasn't designed, but rather manifested without causality due to Eternalism void stuff.  I wouldn't expect anything different from Xaku Prime, if they even decide to engage with that aspect at all.

It's Albrecht sending us primes from 1999.

Where is my tinfoil hat...

Option one as stated above.

Entrati shenanigans. Highly likely.

Option two, which i am hoping for.

Umbra shenanigans. Unlikely, but highly desired.

Option three.

Somehow, normal Xaku prime via eternalism shenanigans.

Option four. 

Loid and the cavia void shenanigans.