Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

1 minute ago, RetroNomad said:

I see that now. Quick google search showed it. Guess it just slipped by in all this time.
Still. Odd that it's never been used....

Nothing in that room has been used that much yet. Sure, you have the stabby disease removal, but I'm 100% sure it at least used to have a story purpose. Those plans may or may not be gone now, but DE will find a use for it eventually.

Just now, icemasterJ said:

Nothing in that room has been used that much yet. Sure, you have the stabby disease removal, but I'm 100% sure it at least used to have a story purpose. Those plans may or may not be gone now, but DE will find a use for it eventually.

Yeah. I just got nosing around due to the "Helminth" mention on the hype site. Just trying to speculate for fun. You know how it goes with these releases lol.

Just now, RetroNomad said:

Yeah. I just got nosing around due to the "Helminth" mention on the hype site. Just trying to speculate for fun. You know how it goes with these releases lol.

Who knows, maybe they're gonna use it during the sacrifice, the teasers seem to reference it indeed.

16 hours ago, DJ_Vauban said:

The heck, you can actually click his eyes...this HAS to be a clue damn it "But you cannot defy your creator", sounds like we will fight Ballas...unless he's referring to something else...gah, hype!

he can talk to stalker or umbra, cos he create warframes and they are some "wild" or "rogue" frames

Dunno but Ballas in this short teaser has way too many things in common with Vor corrupted by the void.Either he has aswell a Void key and tapped into the powers of the void or he took it from Vor himself.The 9 number that keeps coming.
1 iteration the Warframes
2 to 8 fails experiments as in Umbra and the acolytes
9 his ultimate creation the Umbra.Hybrid

And what if he isnt talking to us. "But you cannot defy your creator".What if he is actually talking to the Umbra that went rogue ?
I swear if the Umbra comes to the Tenno, saving him in process and says "Sorry it took so long kiddo" im gonna pass out.

Edited by GrimDelta

25 minutes ago, aXod said:

So Ballas is going to make you sacrifice your arm and you get the arm gun?( When is the arm gun ? 😫 )

Hopefully not anytime soon, I don't want to ruin my fashion frame for a bit of power creep.

Either way, it's confirmed not to come soon, so definitely not with the quest. 😄

Spoiler

First teaser:

"If you could trade, would you?

Surely.

But all miracles require sacrifice..."

Second teaser:

"Lua gives you strength,

But you cannot defy your creator..."

Theory:

We have always assumed that Ballas has been addressing us, the Tenno. But this may not necessarily be the case.

Ballas could have been addressing the Lotus.

We have always wondered how exactly Natah came to possess Marghulis' memories and physical form. Ballas may be the key.

He helped Natah take on Marhulis' mantle and her role as a mother to the Tenno, effectively creating the Lotus.

Note how the Lotus' design is Orokin. Her sanctuary was housed in Lua, the most Orokin place outside of the towers in the Void.

That would explain how he was able to find and free her from her connections to the Tenno so easily.

Because he was the one who set it up.

Why would he do this?

Possibly because his goals coincided with that of Lotus'. He wanted revenge for Marghulis, and had his own game plans.

It is very possible as the creator of the Tenno and Warframe composite we know today that he may have orchestrated the whole thing.

Ordan Karris' codex entries show how physical attacks were useless against the Orokin, raising the point as to how the Tenno were able to kill them at all.

With Ballas' help, they could have.

It's even possible the sentients were in his game plan all along, because he was the one who secretly fostered and encouraged its development.

So that's a bit of a tinfoil hat theory on my part. Let me know what you think!  

I got the feeling from Ordan Karris' codex entry that physical attacks were useless because if the body of an Orokin was damaged, it would take a new one, not that they were immune do damage as such. But your probably right that Balas helped to destroy them. Hunhow reference destroying the Orokin 'from within'. Might have referred to turning one of their own.

Well he's 100% addressing Margulis (Not the Lotus; there's a distinction even if they have the same body lol) in the primed trailers (including the first sacrifice trailer imo)

Logic seem to lean more toward us in this latest teaser; I cannot recall any reference to the sentient needing Lua where comparatively we have gained many powers from our journey there.

Edited by Synpai

Hello everyone, I was watching the trailer for the sacrifice again and then I noticed something. An image was shown for a split second.

I replayed it, slowed down almost image by image. And noticed several things I though I might share with you guys.

During the Vor's prize part of the video there is this image flashing several times.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h21m45s991.png

It's a tree (maybe cherry blossom ?). We can see by the way most of the thin branch are broken and point toward the ground, as if the tree was dead or dying. But it still have flowers attached on the branch, almost as if something sudden caused it to die.

On the left of Tcorn operator and warframe we continue with vor's prize quest cinematics.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h52m42s592.png

On dragonofthewest part we can see on the right of them a part of the trailer excalibur versus Lech Krill, on the right dragonofthewest warframe fighting grineer.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h26m04s144.png

On logamc1995 part we have on the right their warframe fighting corpus, on the left part of the Tomb of the sentients trailer.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h26m58s596.png

During the Second Dream trailer part we can see this. No idea what is it, it seems reminencent of those door mechanism we open with our void beam in the War Within quest. Though the way they are put together may suggest tombs ?

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h28m12s546.png

During Fabpsi part we can see Excalibur fighting grineer.I Initially though it was footage from the alpha trailer. But turns out that it isn't. In the trailer excalibur is using a skana. Here he is using a nikana. However it looks to be a reference to the alpha trailer. Excalibur is in sitting position. Unsheath his nikana and proceed to kill everything around him.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h28m40s350.png

For Vykhram part we can see on the right of the screen their operator fighting against corrupted. On the left, cinematics from the second dream.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h30m09s899.png

During the War Within trailer part this image is shown.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h31m42s265.png

It's another tree. Contrary to the first one, the branch aren't broken and are pointing up. We also have a view of an object on the foreground, It's the same object present in the previous tree. Suggesting that it might be the same ? We can also see at the base of the tree some vegetal growth. Color green which contrast with the cherry blossom color the tree have. It looks like an ivy parasiting the tree. Some machinery is shown in the background. It looks orokin.

When Vykhram operator open their eyes. It's not their usuall eyes colors that we see. Vykhram eyes is a mix of gold, orange and green tint. In the trailer the operator eyes are dark suggesting It's not an operator, but the man in the wall. They get brighter on the next frame but only because we are already transitionning to Ballas.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-13h23m29s097.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h32m28s632.png

Warframe1873.jpg

vlcsnap-2018-06-05-12h34m28s208.png

Not by me but worth mentionning:

Orokin text present in the trailer have been translated by Moleculor on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8oigjs/warframe_the_sacrifice_prepare_tenno_trailer/e03tnef/

On the trailer website blackout2005 suggest to click on Ballas eyes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8oigjs/warframe_the_sacrifice_prepare_tenno_trailer/e03k0kl/

To which Ketchup__ reply to also click on the moon. [In the region of the tree]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8oigjs/warframe_the_sacrifice_prepare_tenno_trailer/e03k8v2/

So I've been hyped of the trailer and even hyped about the new Excalibur Umbra and the more Lore.As such I am curious to know a solid confirmation if "The Sacrifice" is really coming out this June as people in my Alliance say.

THANK YOU!

DE is "known" to release around a fortnight after they stated teasing us. Things change however. We'll get it in June if all things go well.

If they gave us a date and then had to DElay it because of bugs, the community would go nuts.

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

If you've been following this whole UMBRA ordeal from the get go your hype would have died off about 2 years ago

Nah man,You see im a player that is actually really interested in Warframe Lore and even by now i'm stil hyped cuz of reasons also i love new Warframes or variants at the least