Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

I just hope new weapons, sentinels and frames won't ever need Nitain to forge ever again, because a week of tedious farming is going to be needed unless you have a niece stash already.

I have only 8, I should have farmed more when it wasn't a PITA, oh well hindsight is always 20?20 I guess.

Im sorry for everyone who didnt got vauban prime by now heh. If you know what i mean...

1 minute ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

You know what? One thing which could help a lot, and leave more freedom (just tossing ideas out there, since I want this to work):

Tier 1 unlocks a sigil; let it work like a syndicate sigil, but with the standing being a weekly reset

A mid-MR10s player can get about 10-15k weekly then, MR20+ could get about 25k weekly (could have a hard cap at 20k, min. 10k). I'd happily take off my syndicate sigil while I get my weekly standing, and it'd leave some breathing room so you can test the length (atm, you can't really make it shorter, but with this addition, it'd honestly make you able to adjust weeks - could even add another bi-daily "do three syndicate missions".

This is a good idea, that way you can either brute force your rep with the challenges in a couple of weeks or gain a steady amount of rep while playing normal missions and get the end reward in a month or so of daily normal playing.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

I assume it's better on PC, I don't know - but if Nightwave means I've to rely on an awful community in order to get the syandana and armour? Well, no thanks. Too many good games out already/coming out soon, to deal with this.

It's definitely better on PC, might be an issue that is aggravated on ps4 then. On PC finding people in recruit chat to do these things with is usually stress free, just a tad annoying sometimes to have to go through the recruit chat for a few minutes first before putting the group together. But I always do radshares for new primes in recruit chat and never had an issue. Normally do eidolons with the clan, but have done through recruit chat as well and also no problems assuming you specify whether you want a casual or tryhard hunt beforehand. 

so, how long are we looking at this series? having to jump between PC and switch may be a bit tiresome, especially with RL getting in the way

so, im looking at this in game....the reward thing really seems like a long term investment i think...especially considering it has arcane energize at rank 25 O_O

Ok, bit more feedback after doing some missions to get standing and having a bit more time to play around with it...

I know it might be (realistically it isn't) because we're trying to get things done 'quickly' but honestly I'm already feeling like it's a chore to get my standing, I've only done about 5 of the items, one is 'almost' finished (ironically it's the eximus one and we had an eximus stronghold sortie with hardly any eximus in it...)

It feels like a chore to me because I'm being forced to do specific things to get the standing and the amount of return for the effort of said missions just isn't balanced... 9 invasions for 3k standing is just too much for so little, 5 simaris scans for 3k etc, 8 missions in PoE for 3k which even taking the shortest option isn't exactly quick....5k for defeating all THREE eidolons... I know you want us to go back to PoE because most of us have ditched it but that is just too much work for 5k. 

I want to have fun doing things in the game, this just feels like it's been designed to 'force us' to go to places we just don't visit anymore if you're a higher level player.  Higher level players don't need to do invasions as often (we've already got everything), we don't need to do sorties as often (some can't due to riven capacity), we don't need to go play PoE bounties etc. 

Then there's the rewards...The way it sounded in devstream etc was basically you do missions, you get standing, you buy your rewards (ie plague star)... in reality what we've got (especially as a high level player) is basically do the missions and wait until you hit your standing for the tier rewards you actually want, it's essentially a version of the login rewards (which were heavily complained about) but with more effort required. 

When I first looked at the rewards I was like ooh nice, I can get the kuva or the umbral mods at x,000 standing but now I've played it for a bit they're basically behind a time gate as there is no way to physically speed up things because most of the standing is weekly, you can't even get items multiple times so that in turn restricts you to 'one per month'.  

Based on the first release if I am able to do EVERYTHING in a week I should end up with around 44k standing, it sounds a lot until you realise that the good stuff (for a high level player) doesn't start until 120k and above... so basically 3 WEEKS into the new cycle... then we'll need to wait another 'month' to get the next cycle (edit) might actually be longer than that.... 

Now I'm guessing these reward tier items will have some variation but there are a LOT of things in the current one where you only need one of them, you don't need multiple armor sets or syandana's, most of the mods are only needed once.  The fact I only need something once just makes the tier rewards seem redundant when you have creds which you could have just been used as currency for us to buy exactly what we wanted.  I wouldn't mind if they were 'bonus' rewards but it all feels unnecessarily grindy when this is the ONLY way to get certain items, especially with 30 tiers and the low standing return versus effort I mentioned earlier.

Then there's the creds which come at 3, 6, 12, 16, 20 and 24, that's a total 300 creds (likely per month) if you manage to 'max out' your standing per week, a helmet is 35, aura's (not all are there by the looks of it) are 20 and potatoes are 75... When I think about it subjectively that really does feel like the design was more about pushing players to buy stuff with plat rather than improving the alert system and player experience with it.

PS, what happened to the 60k kuva....

Oh and I was originally a little annoyed/surprised by the ayatan requirements then I remembered arbitrations drop a lot of ayatan statues

Just now, slotschii said:

Yep agreed on the "not enough acts" front. But disagreed on the Ayatan front. You can easily get 5 Ayatans just by doing 1 arbitration.

I've done a revised post a little above this... I realised a little after my post about arbitrations but they're easily forgotten about as I just can't be bothered with them in all honesty.

Look DE, in all seriousness: We like you, we like your game, we like the concept of this, but please look at the feedback you're getting. Perhaps ask a couple of questions like "Do we want people who have full time jobs or families to be able to experience our game fully?"

This is going to bite you in the ass.

EDIT: If nothing else, how about a constructive suggestion?

Choose Weekly Challenges From The List

In other words, each week we can complete and gain Standing from three Elite tasks and seven standard tasks, but the actual tasks on offer are five Elite and ten standard tasks. Once a player gains standing from their allowed number of tasks, the others grey out and are no longer completable. 

Instantly means that a crappy draw one week is not going to screw someone over.

Still does nothing to sort out the whole "Real life is more important than the game" thing, though.

I agree with those asking for the friends requirement to be removed. Also, 5k for doing sorties with a friend when we're supposed to run 8 PoE bounties and 9 invasions for 3k?! The first I'd do for 3k (without that friend I don't have btw), I rather feel the other two are tedious enough to warrant the 5k.

Another thing, please just remove all Simaris scanning from this. It's not fun, it never has been fun and never will be fun. I just finished that new daily 25 scanning requirement and scanning explosive barrels and consoles is not engaging or fulfilling.

Same with that 5 simaris scanning things. I forgot to turn in last time I completed so now I have to wait until tomorrow to even get a new target.

I think this addition could be alright if the challenges are not too detailed or tedious and that there's enough room for people to be able to miss some stuff and still be able to finish.

This is cool, but there are some problems.

I don't have much issue with the grind of the rewards because they are on a weekly timer, giving enough time to comfortably do enough of them, but my biggest problem is with the implication that these rewards are limited-time exclusives. After the 10 weeks, what will be happening to Wild Frenzy, Bursting Mass, Napalm Grenades, and all the other new stuff here. What will players who join the game after wolf of saturn concludes do about obtaining the gameplay-affecting items from this. The Saturn Six Ornament is in the cred store, but will it stay there after wolf of saturn or will it go away forever too.

My suggestion is to either roll pretty much all the exclusive stuff into the cred offerings or create a legacy nightwave system for working through the list, either by unlocking every challenge that was missed by someone for an opportunity to unlock everything.

The grind and cred store are a bit rough, but I really don't like the idea of timed exclusives, its what eventually got me to quit back in 2013 when wraith weapons were timed exclusives, and their removed exlusivity brought me back.

Also, expiring creds with each new nightwave is pretty lame as well.

I know there are those who are always up for a challenge, but some of those I play with are a bit stubborn about specific content they don't particularly enjoy, i.e. anything to do with operators. I'd hate to see them miss out on things they could have previously easily gotten through random alerts with zero barrier for entry. Now, I blazed through the majority of the challenges in the past couple hours, but I'm specifically trying to see it from the perspective of those who don't have a lot of time, or who haven't unlocked literally everything there is to do. From my understanding of why this update was put into place, that was the idea, right? To take away another RNG element and make it easier for players to get the things they need for a better experience?

Well, my main worry is if we're going to see more challenges like having to do a Tridolon hunt (requires a decently outfitted frame and operator) or filling 5 Ayatan statues (something new players have probably never done in a single week), this isn't a great substitute. In a way, the more I think about it, it's just another syndicate! Sure, maybe there's no standing limit, but it's time gated and I feel like that's potentially worse. If the challenges were simply a nice addition *on top* of what has already been a relatively OK system for gathering necessary resources and components, I'd have zero qualms about it, but as far as I can tell that's not the deal. Even as someone who will likely acquire all of the goodies these tiers have to offer (and hell, I'm looking forward to the weapon and warframe slots, trust me), I'm still not totally sure I'm on board with this update. Basically, I'm worried this could turn a lot of people off of the game rather than encourage them, as it's more added pressure in a game that's already overwhelming from the sheer abundance of content.

This looks like something a company does when they are trying to impress investors. Or, when they are attempting to sell the company. Forced grind in a majority of areas people often don't use in an effort to make the game look healthier. This change is obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

I agree with those asking for the friends requirement to be removed. Also, 5k for doing sorties with a friend when we're supposed to run 8 PoE bounties and 9 invasions for 3k?! The first I'd do for 3k (without that friend I don't have btw), I rather feel the other two are tedious enough to warrant the 5k.

Another thing, please just remove all Simaris scanning from this. It's not fun, it never has been fun and never will be fun. I just finished that new daily 25 scanning requirement and scanning explosive barrels and consoles is not engaging or fulfilling.

Same with that 5 simaris scanning things. I forgot to turn in last time I completed so now I have to wait until tomorrow to even get a new target.

I think this addition could be alright if the challenges are not too detailed or tedious and that there's enough room for people to be able to miss some stuff and still be able to finish.

Yeah, I agree with all points. 9 invasions should be 5k at least. Or as I said before, all "mission" acts for 3k should require 3 missions. Either invasions or bounties or normal missions etc, not 8 or 9.

The scanning must go. I just played two exterminate invasions where I was standing there scanning while everyone else was killing stuff. It doesn't take that long to be honest, and there are probably some planets/places where you can scan stuff fast solo. But really... ? Simaris scanning has always been horrible. As I said, do not force bad content on us via this grind.

How about having Acts/missions that give us the choice of what we do and missions dictate how we do it? Like "using only melee weapon" or "do x without any mods on WF"... although that isn't really cool either, they would feel too much like Riven openings 🙂I'm not sure what kind of missions would be fun to do. The run-of-the-mill "kill x enemies" and "Kill x specific enemies" etc are ok as they are fulfilled during normal play.

hello everyone.

first of all, thanks for the update.

although, this new alert system looks fine and all, what it comes down to is more grind and time gates for getting the rewards we were getting by old alerts, plus some more rewards, which is debatable if deemed worthy compared to all the grind we need to put ourselves into for getting them.

til now, we only needed to run the appropriate alerts we were interested in.
now, we need to grind up all the way to the rewards we are interested in.
this is more grind, on top of more grind.

plus, the 4 days time frame and all the time gates used for it is a bit off, if you ask me.
the time gates need to be increased, 4 days is nothing, for example.
we do not live and breath in game, we have lives and jobs too.
make it more reachable/achievable for the new players and casuals too, for all those players who do not play 24/7.

also, not a decent choice to add the umbral polarities in the rewards there.
if i recall correctly, what was said was that those mods won't be added.
needless to point out how frustrating some people are due to this thing alone.
not me particularly, since i did not forma my stuff to oblivion to fit those umbral mods in, but some people did and i understand their frustration right now.

all and all, the new alert system looks fancy and all, but it is not as convenient as i expected it to be, due to the reasons i mentioned above.

thank you for reading! 

So, let's assume it will indeed run for 10 weeks.

And my goal is to get an Umbra Forma.

And for whatever reason after these 10 weeks ran past, I am still one rank short to get said Umbra forma.

And now you flip the switch and take away everything I have grinded my butt off during the last 10 weeks... and in the end I got nothing because I could not make the deadline. Nothing at all.

Well, you only do that to me once. Because after that happens you and your game are dead to me and off my system. I mean seriously.

4 minutes ago, DoTengri said:

So, let's assume it will indeed run for 10 weeks.

And my goal is to get an Umbra Forma.

And for whatever reason after these 10 weeks ran past, I am still one rank short to get said Umbra forma.

And now you flip the switch and take away everything I have grinded my butt off during the last 10 weeks... and in the end I got nothing because I could not make the deadline. Nothing at all.

Well, you only do that to me once. Because after that happens you and your game are dead to me and off my system. I mean seriously.

You need to do roughly 65% of the quests I believe Steve was quoted as saying and most of these quests are quick n easy (sometimes your actually doing several at once). It's not that bad now is it? If your grind your butt off its fair to say you'll get everything and long before the deadline, the more casual players who only play every other day or so might be hard done though. Let's see how this first "season" goes shall we?

I can't some are actually defending this, at the very least they should bring back the old alert system and run them side by side with the same rates as I know these companies like to get us any way they can. Really have just turned the grind up to 11+ and then it all resets after so many weeks! lol how about make it reset when we get to max for each player... You know making it fun instead of a chore.

12 missions in now and still not earned me a Nitian.

I think this is a great and very welcome replacement for the alert system! well done! I'm very happy for anyone still in the process of catching up with all content, which is most likely the vast majority of the player base.

But, (there's always a but), being in the minority of the player base that has cleared all current content (twice, did it again on console) I could safely ignore alerts. With this system however, I'm now forced to go back to content I've completely cleaned out, and play it for 8 weeks straight to get one interesting reward from this new system: the umbral forma. That's 8 weeks of doing 8 PoE bounties, 9 invasions, 5 simaris scans, 3 waves of SO and a Hydrolyst fight for one umbral forma reward.

That's an awful lot of time to commit to content I'm completely done (and let's face it, fed up) with.

This is why I would suggest adding the umbral forma as a reward somewhere else as well.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

You need to do roughly 65% of the quests I believe Steve was quoted as saying and most of these quests are quick n easy (sometimes your actually doing several at once). It's not that bad now is it? If your grind your butt off its fair to say you'll get everything and long before the deadline, the more casual players who only play every other day or so might be hard done though. Let's see how this first "season" goes shall we?

i still have to be with the original comments side that losing actually all what you did (progress) and youre maybe 1,2,3 ranks short and then you lose everything you did, currency and rank, feels like a *@##$slap in the face for everyone who really tried to get said rewards but are not able to coz of real life problems or like.

So how long will this last?

Some quick math put the challenges at totalling 50k for a full week, except we only get 4 days in this week which costs about 6k standing. And since it's a total of 300k to max out the reward chain, we need six and a half weeks at bare minimum for it to be viable at all.

Archived