Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Update Concerns

Ever since Railjack/Empyrean was first shown at TennoCon, the entire concept just felt right. Manning a ship with your own squad members, wiping out fighter ships with lethal efficiency, finally being able to legitimately board & sabotage a ship from the inside, it all felt so surreal. How many months later, and it seems as though more specific information is just being sidelined for other projects. Once the Jupiter Amalgam rework comes in, we'll surely know more, but...

Out of general curiosity & concern, I need to know exact details. After having founded my own clan, experimenting with room placement, I need to know how much space the Drydocks are going to take up. I'd like to avoid having an Observatory-esque scenario where rooms a floor below negate placement altogether. I also would love to know just how much a clan needs to generally contribute to the construction of Railjacks. Are they modular? Are there replaceable weapon systems? Just how many different Railjacks will be available? Will Railjacks replace the entirety of the Archwing mission system while also incorporating them? Will each Railjack have abilities? Will Railjack stats be tied to new mods specific to them? Will there be at least one Railjack mission on every planet? Will Railjacks ever be tied to sorties, syndicate missions, trials & more?  And...The most important question of all: How much will we be able to customize the interior & exterior of each individual Railjack? If I can get a Steel Meridian skin & stencil for the Railjacks, that would kosher.

Seriously, we're pretty dry when it comes to feasible information, and these past few devstreams haven't addressed any new info concerning this topic.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Seriously, we're pretty dry when it comes to feasible information, and these past few devstreams haven't addressed any new info concerning this topic.

Maybe... just maybe... there are no information as of right now?
And remember, you are on PS4. You will have to wait even longer for these updates to come out.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Out of general curiosity & concern, I need to know exact details

You confused the word "need" with "want".
You don't need details. You want them.

Just do what everyone else does. Wait for DE to give more information. We will hear about it, when DE feels like sharing it with us.
DE won't changes their plans just because you just started building your dojo.

• Like 6

So many of those questions can be resumed with "We dont know", those I know I will answer.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Will each Railjack have abilities?

It will have. But we dont know if the abilities will be installed or if we will have multiple ships with different powers each. Or it will be 1 ship and 1 set of abilities.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Will there be at least one Railjack mission on every planet?

Railjack was said to be a complete overhaul of the mission system, it wont be "A mission node". You will be in the skybox of the planet/moon and be able to fly in it, find enemies in it, grab resources in it...

Seriously. Just wait. You threw a S#&$on of questions we dont know the answer and DE is not sharing.

Here, this video has the most information we currently have.

• Like 1

I think they said, that every clan member will have their own Railjack, which I hope means we will be able to costumize all our own ships, thats what metters to me lol, there are also many inactive clans, so im sure that this new room will be unlockable for free just by doing a quest. As for the rest, im pretty sure its gonna be something like the Exploiter Orb, pretty cool, but the exact same thing every time you do it

Edited by DimosZargarda

16 minutes ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

How many months later, and it seems as though more specific information is just being sidelined for other projects.

They told us Railjack was planned for "this "year", which is exactly 1/3 done today. They still got time. Also, the making of stuff in the game isn't always worked on or previewed in the order it's released, nor are other features an indication of how a certain project is going. Keep in mind they had the Condroc floating around in development for 3+ years before PoE. Just because we're getting other stuff doesn't mean they're ignoring Railjack.

21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Just do what everyone else does. Wait for DE to give more information. We will hear about it, when DE feels like sharing it with us.
DE won't changes their plans just because you just started building your dojo.

Slightly passive-aggressive there, but I get the point. Railjack just personally feels like a make-or-break scenario as for how it'll continue to hold attention in the future. Nightwave feels like busy work, Arbitrations aren't exactly receiving a glowing review, and we've yet to see the entirety of the Jupiter rework. I just can't help this sensation of burning curiosity.

Info we have :

• Railjack will be modular and the parts will be researched on your dojo.
  • It will probably be linked whit our Orbiter given that PC players found a placeholder near the engine between the rooms saying "tube" or something.
  • DE wants Railjack to be present in several planets, not only Venus, but we will probably only start whit Venus.
  • Each clan member will be bale to custom their own Railjack, it wont be clan tied.
  • Railjack will come this year, hopefully before Tennocon together whit "The New War".

8 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

"I need to know exact details"

No, you WANT exact details.

You NEED to wait like the rest of us.

People on these forums knit pick on the smallest things in posts. He wants to know, we get it, he doesnt need to know. Talk about his post and his ideas not one small mistake in choice of words. There's a huge post of legitimate concerns and you've chosen to give him a hard time because he said need instead of want, what exactly are you contributing? About as much as I am, i suppose.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

You confused the word "need" with "want".
You don't need details. You want them.

51 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

"I need to know exact details"

No, you WANT exact details.

You NEED to wait like the rest of us.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/need

noun Something required or wanted

intransitive verb To be wanted

verb transitive To want strongly; to feel that one must have something

verb require as useful, just, or proper

2 hours ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Ever since Railjack/Empyrean was first shown at TennoCon, the entire concept just felt right. Manning a ship with your own squad members, wiping out fighter ships with lethal efficiency, finally being able to legitimately board & sabotage a ship from the inside, it all felt so surreal. How many months later, and it seems as though more specific information is just being sidelined for other projects. Once the Jupiter Amalgam rework comes in, we'll surely know more, but...

Out of general curiosity & concern, I need to know exact details. After having founded my own clan, experimenting with room placement, I need to know how much space the Drydocks are going to take up. I'd like to avoid having an Observatory-esque scenario where rooms a floor below negate placement altogether. I also would love to know just how much a clan needs to generally contribute to the construction of Railjacks. Are they modular? Are there replaceable weapon systems? Just how many different Railjacks will be available? Will Railjacks replace the entirety of the Archwing mission system while also incorporating them? Will each Railjack have abilities? Will Railjack stats be tied to new mods specific to them? Will there be at least one Railjack mission on every planet? Will Railjacks ever be tied to sorties, syndicate missions, trials & more?  And...The most important question of all: How much will we be able to customize the interior & exterior of each individual Railjack? If I can get a Steel Meridian skin & stencil for the Railjacks, that would kosher.

You're definitely jumping the gun here. Look, we don't even know if Railjack will be dependent on Dojo space. Just wait for them to get around to finishing it.

Besides, the bigger question is whether or not there will be more to Railjack than the Tennocon demo. I don't know how long you've been playing, but when Archwing was first released, it wasn't anything more than its demo. When PoE was released, it wasn't much more than what was demoed. Same with Fortuna. The reason a lot of DE's content falls flat is because it's barebones. The biggest issue facing Railjack right now is whether or not is going to be a fully fleshed-out experience or whether it will be barebones like its demo.

Beyond that, Railjack didn't feel right for me. It looked boring to me. It's slow gameplay, with standard archwing gameplay and barebones ship boarding gameplay. There was nothing about it, imo, that was exciting. It wasn't fast-paced, it wasn't thrilling. The appeal of Railjack is pretty much the same appeal that Archwing had when it was demoed. It's appealing because it's new, not because it promises a fun gameplay experience. As we saw with Archwing, it got boring very fast. We don't want Railjack following the path of Archwing. For me, I want DE to take much longer on Railjack/Empyrean. I want them to turn Empyrean into a mode that can capture the fast pace of Warframe's default gameplay, while offering greater scope and scale. I'd personally like to see something much closer to the space gameplay in the Battlefront games (old and new). Something like that, with its scope, scale, and pace, fits much more closely with Warframe's established gameplay than a slow-paced Railjack with one Obelisk and boring archwing gameplay.

If DE can capture that kind of fast-paced, frantic, large-scale gameplay, I think Empyrean would be much better for the game. I'm willing to wait a year or more for DE to make it right, imo.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I think Nightwave finally broke the barrier that kept the community's toxicity at bay.

pretty sure if this was the darkest dungeon there be an affliction going on the forums as night wave and general insanity here has reached it tipping point raises the question of what one 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I think Nightwave finally broke the barrier that kept the community's toxicity at bay.

PvP Solar Rail Conflicts did that years ago. The divisive issue of the Founders items being re-released did that as well. Toxicity has always been a part of this community, and it has rarely been kept at bay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Why are we so obsessed to know everything before it is even there ?

Where has gone the magic of discovering everything directly ingame ? :sad:

How can anybody whinge about what's coming if nobody will tell us? Seriously, I need a good few months to really moan about how Railjack is going to ruin MY WHOLE LIFE... before settling down and enjoying it.

Seriously, it's because some people are addicted to a constant cycle of hype/disappointment. They can't just look forward to something, they have to invest themselves 110%... and then it's always somebody else's fault their high expectations aren't met. Personally, I learn more about something through first-hand experience, which is why games with steep learning curves and little-to-no guidance tend to hook me in.

Screw railjack. We need more info on melee 3.0 that's in the transition phase at the moment. That NEEDS to be taken care of first.
Now that I think about it, that 'New War' teaser did had lots of units in "space." Does this mean we're going to need railjack for the upcoming war? I don't know if I want railjack in phases or one major update.

Edited by (PS4)jaggerwanderer