Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara deluxe ??

Looks to me like a Greek/Roman Huntress (probably inspired by Diana?). I don't really see the issue TBH. Is she a bow huntress? Yes. If so, what's the issue, exactly?

This is the whole point of the deluxe skin, to take a spin on everything. Otherwise we could get rid of Nyx, Octavia and Nidus, to name a few.

EDIT:

Diane_de_Versailles_Leochares_2.jpg

I mean, "Artemis" bow, right?

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, InsomniaTheMistress said:

How it's fit Ivara -  huntress with bow, tree warrior whose visual design was influenced by tree frogs? Right, in no way.

Deluxe skins are meant to be different from the orginal concept/idea/SKIN.

That being said, this skin looks freakin' good IMHO.

+, just because you don't like it, don't say things as such "Hope DE never add it to the game". Sounds like you're S#&$ting on someone else's work, who clearly spent hours modeling it.

4 minutes ago, madvalentine said:

for me its like worst deluxe skin ever what do you guys think ?

I thought it looked a bit like Khora, or perhaps a Gara skin. I didn't think it was for Ivara. I think the skin looks fine, I would happily buy it. 

• I do question whether Ivara is really the best choice for this skin though.

You should probably add what you don't like about it, or what you suggest DE change.

Edited by krc473

While im happy that she finally gets a deluxe skin, i think it deosn't look like her at all. As others have already said, it looks so much more like a mix of Gaara and Khora. I don't like it whatsoever, because its not elegant. 
I would prefer her deluxe skin to keep her basic proportions intact, as to not look like a boulder, while also becoming more fairy like. I think it would also be important for her to keep the arrow tips attached.

I don't like the jade one you're saying is better. It looks too busy visually and the legs are just odd. 

Ivara's actual deluxe falls under the kind of skin that doesn't look great till you get your hands on it and color it yourself. I may have not gone the armored archer route they went with for Ivara's deluxe. But I applaud them for choosing an out there direction than taking the safe route with skins like the one you posted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madvalentine said:

After all this time and that's what she is getting ? for me its like worst deluxe skin ever what do you guys think ?

Well the good thing about it is that Tennogen exists and continues to put out quality stuff.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I just wish they'd hurry up with Titania's, that's taking far too long compared with deluxes that were shown after her reveal at tennocon last year...

Could be waiting on a rework for her but I doubt it. She's not very well used outside of hemocyst killing, and even then there's alternatives. If they were smart she'd get a stellar rework so she can actually be useful in more than just a single operation.

Sometimes I think DE just wishes they could make her not exist.

• Like 1

Generally i don't give a fk a bout aesthetics but the original design of Ivara is based on a frog don't ruin her with the next prime... Keeps her simple because putting random strokes on Zbrush don't make a frame better...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

maybe but i don't want to hype myself up too much. though yeah a matching artemis skin or maybe a crossbow skin in place would be cool. i'm all for whatever honestly I'm just curious to see what's gonna come out.

They did for Mesa's peacemakers. Still prefer them over prime.

This skin simply feels like a betrayal of everything that Ivara stands for. Let's take two seconds here to remember that Ivara is supposedly a STEALTHY RANGER, that's her kit. WHICH PART of the Ivara Deluxe skin presented during the Tennocon is Stealthy ? Which part exactly looks even REMOTELY like a Ranger ? The skin is rough, looks like a can, honestly for a moment I thought I saw a Vauban alternate skin. I thought Ember Vermillon skin would remain as the worst deluxe skin for any warframe whatsoever with his chicken's head, but if this Ivara's deluxe skin sees the light of day, I will be proven wrong... =/

TL;DR : this skin is simply too far from what Ivara represents. Feel free to recycle it into a vauban/oberon/atlas skin (one of those thick big dudes) which will be a lot more realistic.

• Like 1

i would like to upvote this post if i could.

so this is reddit link and basicly only few people think its good and those few people dont even like ivara, so if this skin comes to game its just bullS#&$, its not even close or good to our ivara, where is cape, where is hood and stuff like that, where is energy, im playing for long time now and i have always been waiting for ivara prime/ delux skin and now when i saw this i lost my will to play warframe, its just BAD. and im never usually posting but i had for this, i hope DE sees this and stops it from releasing, im sorry for guy that did work with this but obviously he doesnt get core of ivara.

• Like 2

Calling it horrible seems a little rude.... Ivara's creator himself is working on this skin, so I'd say that he can make it look like whatever he wants. 

I will agree that the helmet & colors reminds me more of Garaa, than Ivara (that honestly threw me off). But the overall armor design just reminds me of the Greek godess of the hunt (Artemis) which fits perfectly into her theme. 

P.S. Hey, they did make limbo look more like revenant, and Ember look more like zephyr lol.... It wouldn't surprise me if they keep doing more deluxe skins that switch around their aesthetic themes.  I'm not really into that whole "make deluxe skins look like other warframes" though. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

10 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Looks to me like a Greek/Roman Huntress (probably inspired by Diana?). I don't really see the issue TBH. Is she a bow huntress? Yes. If so, what's the issue, exactly?

This is the whole point of the deluxe skin, to take a spin on everything. Otherwise we could get rid of Nyx, Octavia and Nidus, to name a few.

EDIT:

Diane_de_Versailles_Leochares_2.jpg

I mean, "Artemis" bow, right?

Ditto, but I think Diana (or...DIOna kek) was Roman? Artemis was the Greek godess of the hunt, wasn't she?

And yeah, that's exactly what came to my mind when I saw her armor. What throws me off a little is the color scheme, and her helmet

Edited by Maka.Bones

4 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Could be waiting on a rework for her but I doubt it. She's not very well used outside of hemocyst killing, and even then there's alternatives. If they were smart she'd get a stellar rework so she can actually be useful in more than just a single operation. 

Sometimes I think DE just wishes they could make her not exist.

clearly hasn't tried her on bounties on PoE/OV....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

clearly hasn't tried her on bounties on PoE/OV....

Clearly you missed the point. DE themselves aren't happy with this frame. She can't decide what she is so other than her 4 she's boring. I don't care if you snipe people on PoE with dex pixia. Best use she had on the plains was wisp farming.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Clearly you missed the point. DE themselves aren't happy with this frame. She can't decide what she is so other than her 4 she's boring. I don't care if you snipe people on PoE with dex pixia. Best use she had on the plains was wisp farming.

Well they've already done a rework, which basically changed nothing, so if they were that unhappy with her they should have spent more time on it then....

She does actually have other uses than her 4, such as cc and buffs, although other frames do do it better in most cases.

• Like 1