Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For people that buy Prime Accesses...

sharkstrangler

Boosters and slots. Speeding up the never ending grind a bit is healthy. 

I'd buy cosmetics too but unfortunately there are surprisingly little good looking stuff to buy for plat. Tennogen is king. 

• Like 3

You'd be surprised how quickly a huge chunk of platinum can deplete.

I have never purchased Prime Access, only small packs like unvaultings and Tennogen. I have, however, made around 18k of plat via trading in my entire 6-7 years of playing Warframe. Before my current 9k plat, I had a previous 8k which I dropped almost completely by the end of half a year after farming for it. I only use them for cosmetics, rarely a resource booster (3 days), some forma bundles, slots, and the occasional foundry speed-up for new prime equipment. Half a year of that and I went from 8k to 1k.

I'd say one of the most plat-consuming habits is Liset decorations. Since you want every corner to be covered by something you end up spending thousands of platinum over items that cost from 20 to 100.

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 1

Since I'm a console boi - I spend alot of my extra PA plat on Tennogen usually.

My #1 priority though is always the same.  I buy the accessory pack - wait a month, then buy the actual PA contents with a portion of the plat.  The way I see it you buy both packs in one purchase, effectively - if you are willing to be a little patient. 

Mostly for primes I really want but don't want to farm for.  Really eyeing the Zhuge prime.  I really like the weapon, but the coloration of the base model is off where the metal is (dulled, looks like plastic under high saturation colors, like with the Magnus base skin) and I know I prefer more hitscan weaponry.

Generally though, I like picking up the accessories for the boosts and a few little cosmetic bits, preferably armor.  Sugatras and most syandanas never really do it for me.

I mainly use it to buy cosmetic and slots for my kids when they play.

Besides that, I use it to look at players who I randomly play with and gift them something off their WISHLIST. If they have nothing, I send them a Catalyst or slot for saying thanks for the the play if it was fun.

I used to TradeFrame but have not touched that part of the game since forever ago. Would buy people's not wanted Primes, Sculptures, Rivens, and Arcanes. Help players out who needed that 12 or 20 for a slot

Slots, potatoes, booster when I come back and/or there is an event that could use boosting, and the occasional prime part I'm missing.

But for the later, it was a mistake as I know have multiples of all the parts I bought months ago...

Generally I spend my plat on things in this order:
-Cosmetics (not that I really have any left to buy at this point...)
-New Warframe Bundles that either have cosmetics I want, or I just don't want to grind the frame for, such as NIdus or Harrow
-Liset decorations
-Boosters (I like to have all 4 running because why not?)
-Slots

You would be surprised how quickly the plat can disappear when a few new frames come around and you look at the grinding requirements to get it and just go "Nah, I don't have the time for this...."

Simple fact is that I have more money than time to spend on this game, so I ease my grind so that I can actually enjoy all of the new content and everything else that is coming.

Different strokes for different folks is pretty much what it is.   But I would gauge for many people it is sorta typical order

• Slots...many slots
  • color palettes
  • cosmetics (syandanas first)
  • resource boosters  (when you realize how much time is saved...these becomes sorta helpful)
  • more cosmetics
  • decorations

I haven't gotten to the decoration phase yet....but many someday.  😉

I never bought prime access but when I got discounts back in time I bought the largest packs possible. I have still platinum if I need but I spent a lot on slots mainly and few cosmetics.  The rest doable so not spent money on items what I can farm. 

Platinum is something that you can spend easily no matter what you do.

Edited by Sziklamester