Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe is special to you?

MSEP1

This is a tough one to answer, if I can pick anyone else, it would be Ember and Hildryn. I don’t play Ember much but she feels like a representation of my temperament, the more fiery and aggressive side of me, and she is my go to for Exterminate missions. Hildryn is just plain fun to use, great on Corpus maps, Energy Reduction Sortie and Fortuna, plus she is stronk. CC is my favorite way to play in Warframe, so frames like her give me interest.

I really would say Frost but those two frames deserve a mention here.

The frame I come back to, is Frost. I don’t know how I fell for this Frosty boi but I’ve always been glad I did, he makes my Warframe experiences so much better. His appearance and play style remind me of a Mage type or Warlock, then all the pieces fell together. Frost is a fantastic frame in general and I’m surprised he has stayed my favorite for almost a year since I downloaded Warframe. I intend to keep him as my 1# for a long time! :inlove:

Oberon Prime. He attac, he protec, he can grow his own snac. He's quite versatile especially after all the tweaking from his rework. His passive is still kinda meh but it helps other players who have pets. He irradiates everything, making him -very- useful against infested healers and disruptors. Turns enemy units against each other. He strips enemy armor if you chain his abilities, or he can give bonus armor to allies. His first ability can do rock solid damage as long as you know how to use it (and there is a way to mod so the ability does piles more damage) He can straight up heal allies, and even give people get-out-of-jail-free cards with one of his augments.

Some people hate the look of the prime, but I actually really like it.

• Like 1

So I started with Mag. 

I went to wisp.  Love her!!

But Zephyr is my most believed. I love her graceful movements and her feel.  I love all of her abilities.  

I was new.  My BF wanted me to play.  He bought me a gift.  Saryn. Nix. Khora, banshee Titania and Octavia. And finally he got me wisp

That's a pretty good gift.

Oddly I dont play any of those.  Zephyr is my main.  She makes me very happy. She just feels right.

I kinda want Limbo.  But he plays Nidus

He hates limbo

But overall.

Zephyr is my muse

Mag. My starter. Still get the warm fuzzies of memories every time I play my Mag Prime.

Rhino. My first non-starter frame. Carried me all the way to Uranus. Ah, the memories of running Stephano with him and a Vectis.

Ivara. Not just my favourite frame, but also one of my first big goals coming into the game; I took a look at her entry in the wiki, thought she looked like a frame I might like, looked at what I had to do to get her, and set my sights on reaching Rosalind, Uranus. It helped a lot that I actually like Spy missions. Also, I like stealth in video games, and she was my first stealth frame. It was love at first headshot.

Mirage Prime. My first Prime, and the frame that "won the Star Chart." Carried me all the way to Mot. Waged an all-out war with the RNG to acquire her. It was ultimately worth it, and she remains my most-played frame.

Saryn Prime. Bought her for 40 plats from someone who said was going to "lose their mind" if they didn't sell her ASAP. Still no idea what that was about, but the best 40 plats I've ever spent.

Nekros. Solo-farmed Hema with him, and got most of my Corrupted Mods in the process to boot. Probably would use Hydroid instead if I was to do it again, but he will always be "Old McNekros" to me.

Oberon. Soloed my first Eidolon Teralyst with him. Ah. I've since upgraded to my Trinity Prime, and came a long way since, but I'll always remember my first successful hunt, and running Teralysts for those Nullifiers.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Frost Prime.

My First prime and also i believe the only one that i have had the Prime of before the normal version, which wasn't hard really as i was fairly new and had made the mistake of starting with the biggest lie and then after suffering a couple of weeks with that frame i bought Valkyr who is still my fav. Many Tower Runs with the friends i started playing with and i had this interesting cold based frame that was quite fun to play.

Having such a good solid frame as Frost Prime so early on made the rest of the progression much easier. While theses days he is predominately my Goto for Defensive missions he does have a good all round skill set that's usable in most of anything else. Was the first of my frames to be colour locked ~ his Fashion is great and I'm not changing it.

Edited by AzureTerra

Ah Chroma, I bought his PA when I was still a smol tenno because his prime skin reminds me too much of Skyrim (Daedric Armor anyone?) and his kit matches my gun and blade play style (but I still hope for his spectral scream and effigy rework until this day). I will never forget that moment I did a tridolon for the first time with him, playing with him makes me feel “Powerful”.

20 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

I’ve seen a lot of worst Warframe and best Warframe threads, and I’ve even seen several favorite frame threads. But I have a slightly different question for you. What Warframe do you keep coming back to play and why? It doesn’t matter if they are bad, good, mediocre, ugly, or anything. What frame has a special place in your arsenal even if they aren’t your favorite?

In my case, it’s Nyx. She isn’t my favorite frame (that’s probably Gara/Garuda). She definitely isn’t an amazing frame. I just really enjoy her kit theme and trying to make her work in harder content. She’s also the first frame I crafted, formaed, and potatoed, and the reason why I chose my particular Syndicates. I just keep coming back to play more Nyx.

What about you? What weird reasons do you have for playing a particular frame?

Volt Prime.  And not for knee-jerk reasons like tired “unlimited Powah Palpatine” and “Pinball Speeedster” memes.

You couldn’t ask for a better frame to invest in as you progress through the entirety of DE’s Warframe Journey.

Tactically, you can make full use of his kit for both squad and self right down to augments for a variety of play styles.

He’s actually a weapon AUGMENT frame in every respect, Melee and ranged.

As you mature your Mod and weapon library, Volt Prime becomes a different frame, scaling in power to a greater extent than many other frames into mid and high-level content.

His Kit has become MORE relevant as Warframe has evolved.

He’s balanced, fun, and sooo entertaining when used for the core combat features that made Warframe a world-wide success.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Saryn.

She was there when I needed to level my focus schools because the community was being toxic as it has always been.

She doesn't need anyone in her squad, she protects me from the toxicity in this community, she maxed entire focus schools for me, might've taken a while to do so but she did.

She is the hope for solo players, or at least players forced into solo like I was.

Volt was my starter so he'll always be my pick for major quests even if I don't play him that often otherwise.

Nova P is also special to me, she was my second Prime even though she was vaulted when I started. I was lucky and got all of her BPs except chassis from random fissures. Grinded my a** off to get enough plat to buy the final piece.

Edited by Guest

My Equinox, Chroma, Limbo, and Nova prime. I have used them and only them for mostly every mission and they have served me well for the past few years/months. Especially Nova since I use her often when it came to nuking enemies.

Edited by Dr.Hayward

Rhino was the frame I used the most. For two years I had no other frames really.

Nowadays Hildryn is the closest to being special since I always go back to her. She's really satisfying to use.

But I also go back to Nidus because he has (imo) the best design. Both the vanilla and Deluxe version of him is just really cool and he has a really decent kit also.

Edi: Actually thinking about it, Valkyr is a special frame for me because I completed the Second Dream with her. Back then I was able to use her for everything but nowadays not so much.

Edited by JackHargreav

1 hour ago, carbman95 said:

I think I saw some other people commenting Rhino, didn't take you seriously monkey boy 😛 

Phew. The haha reactions are outnumbered by the non-Haha reactions, so I was a little worried there might be some people who believe me. :clem:

Oberon because I love his kit, and I used him a lot as a noob for most of the starchart. My old main. Will most likely get my new Umbral Forma. 

Nyx because again, I like her kit. I used her a lot to grind through Fortuna as well as Arbitrations, but she's very efficient in most types of missions at any level. Still my second most used frame. Inb4 "cC iS dEaD, nYx SuX".

Revenant. It's a frame that has a lot of unused synergy. I really like the thrall idea of converting enemies into vamps, putting enemies to sleep (looked like a really cool ability in development) but I also really like the idea of lasers and light. When he gets more augments (Blinding Reave should sleep enemies not blind them from mist makes no sense blinding) it'll be nice to see those augments be based off of mainly eidolons or vampires (I really want more sleeping instead of blinding and stunning).

• Like 1

Octavia. I bought her early on when I realized she was music themed. I was a band kid when I was younger and her Majorette look was the icing on the cake. 

I felt awesome running around with my friends and on my own, and she is still my most played Frame to this day. 

I even got her Tenora and Pandero to use with her. 

I love her ❤️

Nidus keeps me going, when my friend got me into Warframe he suggested I look though all the frames and see if there's one that really sounded like it'd fit my style both from a gameplay and aesthetic perspective. Being really into horror movies and science fiction I was leaning towards Nekros but then I found Nidus, I love zombies movies and creepy monsters and the infested theme just struck that chord with me. Of course my friend was unhappy to tell me that Nidus was one of the frames I'd have to wait until I got pretty far into the game to even grind for so he wound up gifting him to me and I've been in love ever since. (though I did switch to PC from Xbox so I had to start over and reobtain him) Now I'm super excited because tonight I get to finish off my Nightwave and get all those cool cosmetics.

Limbo prime, it was the first prime frame i have. I rush to Mr8 just to get him

Revenant because i love sentient and eidolon (also i bough limbo limina skin)

Then, the one that captivated my heart, Garuda. Her gameplayb is too fun that i use umbral forma to her kit