Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Wants Saryn To Be The Only Endgame

(NSW)FlameDivinity

1 hour ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Now that melee has no scaling damage and enemies still scale infinitely, Saryn is the only infinitely scaling damage we have.

And also, please don't say Volt until you attempt to use your 4 on a group of tightly packed level 150 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Spoiler alert! It does nothing.

Maybe melee will do much more damage, but with the nerfing to CO and BR, it won't scale infinitely.

Either DE wants not even a trace of "endgame," or they are secretly planning for Saryn to be the only "endgame."

Spoiler alert:  Your tired “Volt sucks, Saryn kills all” Warframe trope betrays you, as does your assumptions about Melee.

1.  Volt Drops Capacitance Discharge.

2.  Recharges Saryn’s shields and pops all her slow-acting Spores to ramp her to 2k so she doesn’t die as Heavy Gunners Dance for 8 seconds with armor mitigation stun-lock.

3.  Throws up a shield and then kills gunners with +Crit, +electricity ranged weapons because VOLT IS A WEAPON AND SQUAD AUGMENT (Buff) FRAME AT HIGH LEVELS.

4.  Why are lvl 150 Corrupted Heavy gunners and Saryn an end-game standard?  I see posts like this and...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Saryn is overrated and only useful in specific situations

She's not. 

She strips armor and does AoE damage. She's not alone in that particular, but it's just so blatantly obvious with her. It doesn't help that people abuse Miasma at lower levels and annoy their fellow tenno. That won't fly at triple digit levels, but most never see them, so.../shrug.  

She does have some survivability issues that have to be addressed, but there are a few options for that. 

As has been pointed out, both Khora and Octavia can rival her in damage output--and they're not alone in that. Khora is probably about as bad an offender, but most people play her as a farming 'frame, so you don't see the bloody mayhem all that often. Octavia's damage isn't so readily apparent and you have to work for it some. Consequently, many don't understand the 'frame and what she can really do.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

I'm pretty shocked how not many people really care about the caps to scaling that's being placed in the rework. 
This definitely needs to gain traction.

Of course people care.

BUT...

The final numbers aren't even out yet, and the patch appears to be scheduled for Monday. It is also the weekend and I don't think DE employees are at work.

So all the traction in the world isn't going to make a difference. If anything, it'll just desensitize people to start dismissing threads, which is counterproductive if the patch launches and there actually ARE major issues.

Either way new melee system = only Saryn is endgame is...quite the logical leap.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

21 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

You're right, endurance runs are self-imposed challenges.
But you also contradict yourself when you say that Arbitrations (which ENCOURAGE endurance running) <and I'll add Disruptions, (Which also encourage endurance running)> are both endgame while not being endurance runs. They encourage it by their rotation system. DE definitely has removed the need for endurance runs before, by replacing the key system with relics. We can in almost all mission types, get better and faster, and more rewards, by leaving and looping.
Except for the initial 20 min investment in arbitrations and disruptions.

While the term endurance run is a bit arbitrary I wouldn't call a few C rotations endurance. Sure it is more efficient to stick to the mission as long as possible, assuming you even need C rotation rewards, it's not mandatory to do so. To go until the scaling effects of Bloodrush and the like become required is even less mandatory.

Plus long before any of these mods existed people were doing multi hour endurance runs anyways, IIRC that was with stronger enemy scaling (but less enemy variety) than we have now. If people still want to go several hours into an Arbi or Disruption they still can albeit requiring some more effort and different builds.

Also if they don't fix Magus Lockdown then all of this is a bit moot anyways.

3 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Now that melee has no scaling damage and enemies still scale infinitely, Saryn is the only infinitely scaling damage we have.

And also, please don't say Volt until you attempt to use your 4 on a group of tightly packed level 150 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Spoiler alert! It does nothing.

Maybe melee will do much more damage, but with the nerfing to CO and BR, it won't scale infinitely.

Either DE wants not even a trace of "endgame," or they are secretly planning for Saryn to be the only "endgame."

NnY936U.gif

10 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Khora

Gara

Trinity

Inaros

Nidus

Gauss

Loki

Mesa

Rhino

Limbo trivializes the entire damn game with his sidestep

Wukong

Maybe even Ember in about 2 weeks.

BTW melee scales to a synthetic x6 after the rework thanks to x3 base damage+CO. The starchart isn't endgame unless you're mr4. I'm going to assume you aren't mr4.

Edited by -Kittens-

3 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Try to solo with saryn endlessly in mot for 10 hours.  Then try it with an octavia.  See what fares better.  

in the entire time spent on WF (not much, I'm relatively new with around 300hrs ingame) I've seen MAYBE a total of ten Octavia, but probably less. And that's astonishing, considering how crazy powerful that frame is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

in the entire time spent on WF (not much, I'm relatively new with around 300hrs ingame) I've seen MAYBE a total of ten Octavia, but probably less. And that's astonishing, considering how crazy powerful that frame is.

No it just highlights how bad at the game most of the casual player base is, they join, spend plat to get the  shiny new prime, level up Saryn, a few meta weapons with rivens and leech in Hydron and consider themselves godly.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

DE mentioned in the last devstream that they're planning on 'ripping the band-aid off'. Steve mentioned back in January that he's planning on trialling Damage 3.0 for Railjack, and then expanding it to the rest of the game. Two plus two make four.

So all of this may be subject to change anyway.

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (NSW)FlameDivinity:

Cool thing bud but i hate to break it to you firstly saryn doesnt scale infinitly but is capped at 100k per tick on spores and secondly there are many frames that actually scale infinetly like hydroid or octavia

The idea that Warframe should have an endgame consisting of scaling damage so that you can stay in endless missions for as long as possible is and always has been toxic to the development of real balance and mechanical challenge, and the devs should have realised that years and years ago before they inadvertently trained a chunk of the community to think that way.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The idea that Warframe should have an endgame consisting of scaling damage so that you can stay in endless missions for as long as possible is and always has been toxic to the development of real balance and mechanical challenge, and the devs should have realised that years and years ago before they inadvertently trained a chunk of the community to think that way.

Truth here, but to be fair, a lot of the DE founding stalwarts grew up on Space Invaders and Donkey Kong and had a local video game arcade hangout where EVERY game essentially had infinite scaling as it transitioned into the Atari 2600 and Apple IIC and Commodore 64 and beyond.

I think the scaling here has always been about Warframe giving different avenues of gameplay to satisfy different gamer types.

• Like 1