Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY RELICS ARE NOT GOOD

Awakend_Craz

The relic system is not good, simple thats it.

My main problem with the relic system is that its grind something to grind for the thing you want.

Lets say you want yourself a shiny new punch prime(Atlas prime)

Well then first you need to look where the relic is and get lucky to get it aka grind it.

Then you need to do another mission to open it and have an RNG roll of getting the part that you want so you need to grind opening relics.

This is why the relic system is nog good. Its just pure RNG meaning that you might farm for weeks and get nothing.

While yes you can trade parts with other players for platinum it doesn't change the fact that the relic system is not good.

Edited by Awakend_Craz
change of title
  • Like 3

I wouldn't mind it so much if we had a void capture that rewarded AXI relics...other than that I don't miss the tower keys due to having no matchmaking..so you'd have to solo an void interception...or try to get a group together...

I do miss the void farming though in survival or captures simply because other than Jupiter it's the clean and allows for a lot of vertical movement...while the rest of star chart beyond the open worlds can be down right geometry vomit...Looking at you Eris...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

I'd recommend you to go to a big region recruit chat, see what prime items are the most people are grouping up for fissures, farm some of those relics, farm some of those itens, sell them for plat, get the ones you want, if there is a good ammount of people grouping up for relics that you can get on Fortuna/Certus bounties rewards, try that too, since they are easier to farm.

8 minutes ago, Awakend_Craz said:

My main problem with the relic system is that its grind something to grind for the thing you want.

This is why the relic system is nog good. Its just pure RNG meaning that you might farm for weeks and get nothing.

....which is it?  Usually it takes more then 5 sentences, for a central point of a post to change. 

I think they could make some of the drop rates of the rewards more consistent from relics with what you put into them. Like, making it easier to better focus on what type of rarity you want via the void traces. I'd be completely in support of that. And as far as getting the relics themselves, I've actually found it easier to get them from the open world bounties rather than crossing my fingers on a star chart node where that relic supposedly drops.

But honestly, between trading, bartering, and opening fissures in groups mitigating the RNG, it's acceptable. Far from perfect, but not necessarily bad. Definitely incentivizes matchmaking or focused teaming up to ease the grind, and while I guess that makes it harder for some people, there are at least ways to ease the grind if you want it badly enough.

The RNG with Relics isn't nearly as excruciating as the RNG attached to Rivens, but that's another thread entirely...

Edited by (PS4)cardinalphoenix
Spelling copyedit

17 minutes ago, Awakend_Craz said:

Well then first you need to look where the relic is and get lucky to get it aka grind it.

Then you need to do another mission to open it and have an RNG roll of getting the part that you want so you need to grind opening relics.

While yes you can trade parts with other players for platinum it doesn't change the fact that the relic system is not good.

I can understand your point somehow, but then i think of this:

People complain game is to easy and they already have everything...would it not be even worse if you can farm/get primes even faster?
If we change relics we would need to gate primes behind really really hard Missions, maybe 3x times harder than Raids back then,, with way more need to tactics instead of pure dmg output.

As i see Prime as something the Operator can get his/her hands on very rarely only, the game somehoe throws them at you like peanuts... the only reason i don't have all is the two things:

VAULT and Grind

There needs to be a different system!

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the suggestion. That's literally what every partner gets. 🤡

Eh I think that getting one direct task list to get something might be solution like how destiny 2 sets a grindy farm for certain exotics but at the same time it took me what like 1 month or three weeks to get atlas prime full set of primes releases and that was more of 1 week of actually grinding cuz the past week or so I finally sat down and was like I should probably actually try to farm instead of just causally try every other day for it.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

1 minute ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Eh I think that getting one direct task list to get something might be solution like how destiny 2 sets a grindy farm for certain exotics but at the same time it took me what like 1 month or three weeks to get atlas prime full set of primes releases and that was more of 1 week of actually grinding cuz the past week or so I finally sat down and was like I should probably actually try to farm instead of just causally try every other day for it.

I think that may be what they're experimenting with to get Grendel. Like, the grind for Vitus Essence to buy the Mission Part keys represents the grind, but once you complete the mission, you just get the part outright. At least for new Frames, anyway. Primes probably won't be available like that, but at least if new Frames are, it's something.

1 minute ago, Numerikuu said:

Someone didn't stockpile their syndicate medallions... 😉

Did this, and got Atlas Prime, Tekko Prime, and Dethcube Prime all within a couple of days doing Radshares.

I try to do as many syndicate missions for two syndicates just about every day, trying to find as many medallions in each mission as possible. I don't kill myself finding them, but that definitely reduces the grind of each mission, for sure. But yeah, medallions, Relic Packs and rad share, that helps a ton.

12 minutes ago, Vyra said:

People complain game is to easy and they already have everything

Its like, practical example, you complaining about the lack of information available in the UI, that absolutely has no relevance at all...

... or you suggesting [DE] to present you information about the global popularity of a weapon, which only concerns [DE] alone...

Edited by Uhkretor

I always circumvent the relic acquisition of new primes by saving up 4 maxed syndicates to spam relic packs. Start with max void traces, upgrade all necessary relics, use newly gained void traces from failed runs to upgrade further relics if needed.  However if I'm down to 1 piece with no relics or traces left then I'll just buy it.

Yes the grind for a set is longer than the old system.  But i'd rather have a longer grind that I could do at any time than deal with people super inflating prices and being rushed to grind out those drops from keys before they get vaulted.  Not to say there wasn't some positives from the old system.  But IMO none of them out weigh the nice aspects of this system.

1 hour ago, Awakend_Craz said:

you might farm for weeks and get nothing.

Well that's an exaggeration. I can get new frames in a couple hours. Why do you think people make groups so everyone runs the same relics. Drastically increases the odds. If you want to solo the content then expect it to take way longer. This is a online multiplayer game. The game shouldn't have to dumb down a mechanic because you refuse to group up for better odds.

1 hour ago, Awakend_Craz said:

Its just pure RNG meaning that you might farm for weeks and get nothing.

Actually it means randomly number generator. In reference to number used to determine loot. Probability is what determine if it takes weeks / months / years. Like buying a lottery ticket. The number put on the ticket would be RNG but the probability of it being what is needs is pure statistics.

But you must be from the school of everything must have a direct path. You want Prime Atlas, so you want to got to mission X and have it handed out to you. While I too would like to have it within a few minutes vs a couple hours, I would be done with this game in 1-2 days. Which is why that's not how a online games that needs active players playing work. So you are now fighting with a business model of DE. Have fun with that one.

Also all cap titles just make it harder for people want to take this seriously. You're like the guy on a street corner yelling S#&$. People walk the other way avoiding eye contact.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Like 3

il y a 55 minutes, Awakend_Craz a dit :

Man... I played Forza the other day. The game makes you drive cars. I don't like driving cars. Can you please take the driving out of Forza ?

The relics are fine, you are the problem. If you don't like grinding RNG, might I suggest not playing a Looter ? You poor snowflake, you're playing a free game, it should be expected that most things will require effort to get, why would anyone buy anything otherwise ?

Relic system is garbage. You grind for relics, you grind for traces and you grind for parts.

It is basically Grindception. Grind within grind within grind.

Void Tower keys was a much better system, but I think with the increasing number of primes they simply couldn't fit them into the rotation and had to come up with the relic nonsense.

Ultimately though relic system will have to be replaced by something better. I'm expecting that to be next year or at the very worst the year after that.