Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are veterans really leaving?

Samhel

1 minute ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game?

Define "leaving". Like never coming back? Sure not. More like taking a break and take another look when there is new content.

1 minute ago, Samhel said:

concentrating a little bit on new challenging content

Because they want to serve the casuals. To quote one of the Devstreams (don't remember what number tbh): We want our players to hop into the game, play some missions and log out satisfied.

There can't be no challenge where they don't want challenge

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game? And why exactly? And why doesn't DE do anything about it? Like concentrating a little bit on new challenging content or something?

Sortof. As a vet, I can say that more than half my moon clan of very old players have stopped playing. I used to have quite a large number of people that I was friends with online. We used to do raids and such but when raids where removed, alot of them left. There was no fun end game left to do. 

I still have a WhatsApp chat with some of them and they're doing well elsewhere but warframe is kinda dead to them. 

For me personally, it's gotten extremely boring. I can't really find enough will to do the newest intermission, and I haven't had the energy to grab any of the new amps from venus. It's just so boring and the grind is so slow and annoying that I would just rather not do it. 

Will the new stuff fix that for me? Probably for not very long. The lich system looks sick and so does the railjack, but they really need to change the core of the game to get me reinterested and reinvested. 

The funny thing, is they constantly pamper the game to new players and very rarely do stuff for older players. The lich system is probably the first in a very long time directly for old players but if it's not hard enough, it's going to be boring. It needs to be genuinely hard. Because so far every single boss and mission they've released (. Every. Single. One) has been piss easy for me. 

And the thing is, they kinda need to protect the older players because we're the loyalists that put money into the game. Not so much new players. I've personally out more than 1000 into warframe over the years 

Edited by Arniox
  • Like 3

A games "veteran" base is always dwindling, like literally every games. It's simply an immutable fact that there is no such thing as 100% retention. 

So I guess the long answer to that first question is, yes.... but not exclusively for the implied reasons.

• Like 2

Judging from the tone of this post and your previous ones, I'd say you've already made up your mind about these questions and are only looking for affirmation.

My time in this game has been less than it used to be. Besides having next to nothing to do, this game is so horribly imbalanced where players can trivialize the game with no effort, literally everything has become a cakewalk. While I'm hoping Kuva Liches will help justify the extreme amount of power creep, they're going to need to do more than just potentially challenging opponents so players can't delete rooms of enemies like they can right now. I've been finding myself playing Destiny 2 more and more, because at least the enemies there aren't going to fold over when I sneeze at them from a mile away.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 4

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

My time in this game has been less than it used to be. Besides having next to nothing to do, this game is so horribly imbalanced where players can trivialize the game with no effort, literally everything has become a cakewalk. While I'm hoping Kuva Liches will help justify the extreme amount of power creep, they're going to need to do more than just potentially challenging opponents so players can't delete rooms of enemies like they can right now.

This. The balance is so broken that any and all challange is gone. That new boss fight on jupiter? When it first came out I was praising it for its visual ingenuity (which btw, is actually copying directly from BL2) but then I realise I could one shot the boss and it was actually so low health and so bad that I could "one shot it" about 10 times before the death a animation finally played. 

As an old player, there is 0, absolutely ZERO challange in the entire game. Personally I am excited for a complete melee change cause I know it'll finally be some core changes, but I also know it'll still be OP as #*!%. 

However, in saying all this, I so deffinately enjoy the very small amount of challange I get from the mini bosses that pop up. Noxes, the new infested thing and the corpus in general are all getting much better. But still quite easy. 

Again, I agree with @Pizzarugi 

The new lich system better be really challanging otherwise it will loose its charm real quick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

The new lich system better be really challanging otherwise it will loose its charm real quick. 

Assuming that they didn't conflate time sink with "challenge" as is often the case. 

As things can quite easily take "forever" but not actually be remotely challenging. 

one veteran here (mr 26):

like any game or work, veterans needs some little "outside" time, i did stopped playing warframe twice myself, each one because irl conditions and burnout
besides im trying to catch on what i did ignored in the process, im not so active like before, in fact, if i was active as before i would be in burnout once again, since the amount of things i have to do aren't that big: just build some weapons and warframes and its over

besides everything, the only content i didn't nothing yet was both Mother orb battle and Tridolon battles, even pieces from Atlas Prime access already got some of those

games are meant to relax, making you comfortable to do things that you like
if it starts pulling you into "routine", like that 1st season from nightwave, maybe you should pulls the breakers, unless you don't keep pushing yourself all the time
from an player that was passionate, but now its casual one

20 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game? And why exactly? And why doesn't DE do anything about it? Like concentrating a little bit on new challenging content or something?

Graduation happens. Time to move on. 

In the beginning, people play long hours grinding for gear, items, resources.

Once you have grinded everything, nothing left to do but wait for special events, activities and updates. But because vets have everything, and usually a few go to frames and wespons all maxed out, they breeze through anything DE creates.

Some go on Vacation, some uninstall the game. Just like any other game. 

The goal is to steadily attract new players. Even better to get ones that really like the content and are willing to buy items with real currency.

31 minutes ago, Samhel said:

I’m leaving.  (I have to pee and play some Warframe.)  I’ll be back to check for my upvotes.

Warframe never really did anything to keep veterans occupied. DE always more focused into bringing new player in (which is fantastic) and making the game easier for them (not so fantastic). 

Most veterans login when there is something new, light up the old flame for a while, then leave again. 

This is how warframe works. Players come, fall in love, play like there is no tomorrow, they become a veteran, realizes that the game doesnt want them anymore, eventually they leave, new players just like them takes their place, the cycle keeps going on. There is nothing wrong with it. 

We, veterans, scream a lot about end game. Real end game in Warframe is when you dont want to login anymore. 

Edited by --Aegis--MR9

36 minutes ago, Bane38 said:

Also keep in mind most of "vets" leaving are youtubers that don't have any content to show therefore they don't get that $$$ so they just go around with the "tHeRe iS nO cOntEnT"

This.

I saw Reaper Hunter making some Warframe content the other day, according to the thumbnail, after they 'left'. Dat sweet, sweet ad revenue...

39 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game? And why exactly?

Yes, there's no sustainable content, so these year long updates only last 2-3 weeks and the vets are over it. DE has had our goodwill for 3 years now, but it's worn thin. Hopefully they can pull a miracle out of whatever it is their working on.