The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It only took 2 weeks for people to lose interest in Kuva Lich gameplay

White_Matter

The answer is simple. DE said this:

The majority of week 1-2 Hotfixes will speak to feedback.

It's been more than 2 weeks now since Old Blood was released, ergo feedback is now irrelevant... Hmmm, perhaps them stating a time frame wasn't a very good idea... :clem:

• Like 8

They are planning on adding more rewards to liches, which is good, according to Reddit:

There's still balancing issues they're fiddling with though.

I also suspect, given that they apparently divorced it from Empyrean purely for practical considerations regarding bugs and whatnot, that there may be more in Empyrean. I don't know this for certain, of course, it's just a hunch. 

• Like 2

On 2019-11-15 at 10:37 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yup, I completely respect your care, and it's a challenging situation when 'all game devs are bad and only want money' rhetoric enters the conversation. As I mentioned, the major remaining things we see are pacing/commitment, RNG, and co-op friendliness which we will discuss openly.

It's a gamer's prerogative to say 'You're being like Bioware and Bethesda!!!', but it's really hard to engage with constructively. Do you have feedback on the things I mentioned? Trading Liches was something that was meant to ship with Liches as we indicated on streams that you'd be able to trade them, but it came 11 business days later. which has had a lot of thrash (pros and cons). To set expectations, you may indeed to wait another week for comprehensive addressing of more macro commentary from our goals and intentions (plus a lot of data!), but there will definitely be hotfixes inbetween.

(Duviri is no where near around the corner, btw)!.

They are handling it by waiting for the next devstream to address the issues.

• Like 2

On 2019-11-18 at 6:19 PM, Raqiya said:

The stab your Lich Civil War.

Both sides are toxic, so let them cry themselves to death. DE shouldn't give in to users like them who can't comprehend this is a cooperative game and they probably should cooperate, regardless of which side of the argument they stand. If they don't like it, they should play solo. Kudos to DE for not acknowledging and giving in to them.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-15 at 3:53 PM, White_Matter said:

70-80% of the lich nodes are half empty squads(or none), takes forever to find a group for a Rad Relic run. 

So people either gave up, or burned out already(because of the multiple layers of RNG not working in their favor).

Is this really the sustainable content we were looking for ? What went wrong ? 

I am never touching so many layers of randomness. Dodged lich-creation Matrix-style and will still avoid it like plague until it becomes suitable for my tastes

5 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Both sides are toxic, so let them cry themselves to death. DE shouldn't give in to entitled e-terrorists like them who can't comprehend this is a cooperative game and they probably should cooperate, regardless of which side of the argument they stand. If they don't like it, they should play solo. Kudos to DE for not acknowledging and giving in to them.

Right, given the mechanics DE implemented are directly responsible for this mess to begin with. Let's let DE off the hook. There have been numerous threads on this subject with some very astute solutions DE could have hotfixed into the game much sooner.

On 2019-11-18 at 6:36 PM, Gabbynaru said:

-Snip-

DE appears to acknowledge this is an issue, which is why they had a hotfix involving Revenant making Liches invulnerable if his enthrallment wears out on them, BUT they didn't patch out his ability to forcibly despawn them by wiping their health bar while enthralled.

I get the impression this was deliberately left in as a temporary solution to let players dodge their Lich without blocking others, or giving players the power to despawn a blocker's Lich. You watch, as soon as DE gives players an official out to remove their Lich from the mission, that Revenant bug will get patched.

the only issue i have come across is people complete the missions too quickly. you have to stay in mission for around 8 mins for a full group. i know there are some issues like people being lame and for absolutely no real reason decide to not attack your lich, that needs to be fixed, just not sure how. if you make the lich run away after he regens that would be kind of annoying as sometimes for some reason my lich spawns like 500 meters away and i wouldnt be able to get to it in time. I guess the personal lich spawning near the person would be a start.

Edited by Talinthis
finished a half done sentence. lol.

Honestly... I hope DE's 'radio silence' is them going about fixing the issues that have been raised in regards to the lich system.  But I also kind of feel that the excessive grind, rng issues, the issues with the liches themselves, and the 'unfinished' feeling to parts of it are more to do with the larger issue of how far they are behind schedule and they're hoping this excessively grindy update will 'keep us busy' until they 'catch up'.... it won't but DE doesn't seem to see the game like the players do....

However DE does like to stick it's head in the sand and pretend they can't hear us when things don't go how they hoped..... so imo it's basically wait and hope they're actually listening this time, something they haven't been doing as much of of late, in all honesty. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Reading a forum post I do agree that I find it baffling that DE has been so silent about the main issue on the lich system.  How do you feel like they are handling it?

At the moment, it doesn't appear that they're doing anything about it.  The most we've gotten is a mention in the Prime Time streams that "they're aware some people are unhappy."  No comment on most of the specific issues, even to the extent of actually naming the specific issues.  The only direct comment I can remember is the suggestion that talking about it might be the topic of this week's Devstream.  Which has the unfortunate implication that actually *fixing* it might not happen for quite a while.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly... I hope DE's 'radio silence' is them going about fixing the issues that have been raised in regards to the lich system. \

That's what I hoped some four/five years ago back with SEGAs radio silence over the western release of PSO2. I'm past hoping for the best when presented with radio silence. 

DE is right on being silent about it. If DE speaks up and says "this is how it's supposed to be played" then there will be a lot more harassment to players who deviate from that. And DE will be partly responsible for it then.

It's better to be silent and then release the patch that fixes the inherent problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly... I hope DE's 'radio silence' is them going about fixing the issues that have been raised in regards to the lich system.  But I also kind of feel that the excessive grind, rng issues, the issues with the liches themselves, and the 'unfinished' feeling to parts of it are more to do with the larger issue of how far they are behind schedule and they're hoping this excessively grindy update will 'keep us busy' until they 'catch up'.... it won't but DE doesn't seem to see the game like the players do....

However DE does like to stick it's head in the sand and pretend they don't hear us when things don't go how they hoped..... so imo it's basically wait and hope they're actually listening this time, something they haven't been doing as much of of late, in all honesty. 

You've hit the nail on the head. These are exactly my concerns, that have grown since the insulting Lip Service we got on the Monday Workshop update  that was tossed at us on the Wednesday. It is gross. Now we get a slave trade to add insult to injury. Yay us. The Tenno really are the bad guys. Woohoo!

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

No comment on most of the specific issues, even to the extent of actually naming the specific issues.

Sigh. I really wish they would, and I don't know the point behind obfuscating that. Like, if they tell us what they see as issues, then we know what they might be missing or that they might already recognize the freaking problem. But "We're fixing it" isn't inspiring or hopeful, it's depressing.

EDIT: At least when it comes to the whole forced death thing. They don't have to say how it's meant to be played, but for them to say how they want it to be designed and what they're working towards, that's an entirely different thing.

Edited by Tyreaus

45 minutes ago, zoffmode said:

DE is right on being silent about it. If DE speaks up and says "this is how it's supposed to be played" then there will be a lot more harassment to players who deviate from that. And DE will be partly responsible for it then.

It's better to be silent and then release the patch that fixes the inherent problem.

DE is not "partly responsible" they are DIRECTLY responsible how this turned out, because it is not as advertised to begin with, and poorly thought out. Solutions that WORK have been offered but you know... head in sand, lalalala or "wha whaa whaa wha" we hear you but we are not listening, Radio silence.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Sigh. I really wish they would, and I don't know the point behind obfuscating that. Like, if they tell us what they see as issues, then we know what they might be missing or that they might already recognize the freaking problem. But "We're fixing it" isn't inspiring or hopeful, it's depressing.

I think the big disconnect is that DE sees all the issues that the community sees as problems but DE themselves doesn't see those issues as problems. 

I think what they're trying to avoid is tilting the community even further by acknowledging that they don't see the problems as problems.