Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other games like Warframe

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

Destiny and The division are near but not close. 

Nothing is like Warframe so even if they do a bad year as 2019 you don't have other games where you will find the same sensations.

Give a chance to Let It Die, it's a very good game, not a shlooter but a good dungeon hack n'slash.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Na , I'm thinking about path of exile

Path of Exile is very good if you like hardcore build theorycrafting and are prepared to drop about $20 on specialty stash tabs, without which the game becomes unplayable at endgame. Though if you think the layered RNG in Warframe lately is bad, hoo boy howdy, you're in for a nasty surprise in PoE.

Nothing out there is quite like Warframe.  Anthem could have been like Warframe if it hadn't been a development disaster pretending only Destiny 2 existed, but EA funded that project so...  I guess the Borderlands series?

"Respecting the player's time."  Haw haw, it's a video game.  Kind of agreed time wasn't an issue at log in.  If you're not having fun just playing, find something else, anything else, to play.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 9

Weapon varietywise, the closest I can think of is one of the Borderlands series for your ransacking science fiction role play.

Beyond that though? I'm in agreement with the others. There's nothing QUITE like Warframe out there, only chunks and pieces of a greater set of games.

if you looking for a game where you could min/max ,  grind and kill stuff 
maybe you should try  code closers
pretty similar to wf i guess , you upgrade your abilities/passive skill to get stronger 
the game is hack n slash but you can pick the  class with gun  and yeah there is sniper,rocket launcher and stuff after you level up a bit.
there is also shield only class if you want to try something new 😛

Edited by .OwOkin.

27 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Path of Exile is very good if you like hardcore build theorycrafting and are prepared to drop about $20 on specialty stash tabs, without which the game becomes unplayable at endgame.

This isn't true at all unless the player has a hoarding problem. I started playing during Talisman League (December 2015) and didn't buy stash tabs until Abyss League (December 2017).

47 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Na , I'm thinking about path of exile

Path of Exile is a great game, but it currently has a major memoryleak issue that has made it unplayable for a lot of the players. So if you use Win7 and/or have only 8GB RAM I'd suggest not playing it to avoid getting the wrong impression of the game.

For other games idk, Warframe has been such a unique experience for me.
I guess Black Desert Online comes to mind, but it isn't a looter and the rng can make you feel like you spent a month farming stuff for nothing. I still enjoy the combat and casually grinding towards better gear.
Then there is Division 2, I play it when I feel like shooting things while not feeling like playing Warframe.. but it still is nothing like Warframe so I wouldn't recommend buying it without watching a ton of gameplay videos or streams.
Hades is a very good roguelike and I highly recommend checking it out.
Pagan Online is fun and a bit different from the usual hack&slash / ARPG, but it is pretty much dead (about 150 players online) and I'm worried that it will get shutdown soon so I haven't bought it for myself (played it at my cousin's house). So there is a potential risk of losing money and access to the game if it gets shutdown.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is actually quite nice when it comes to build variety and loot + the combat is decent. This is the game that I play the most when I'm bored with both Warframe and Path of Exile.

• Like 1

Anthem, if you strictly only like sci-fi futuristic games. Anthem movement system & combat are really fluid and immersive but the content doesn't last long, it only took me about 30 hours to play what all Anthem can offer. Although the experience is short, it is one that is memorable. 

• Like 4

I just picked up Wolcen during the sale on steam its early access right now but will release this month (januari). It seem like a nice game but only go to lvl 20 in the version I got (released go to 90) but it's a mix of diablo and path of exile. They got the loot and skills style from diablo and the passive tree from path of exile with upgrade you can rotate the wheels inner, middle and outer to make it easier to combine diffrent builds.

If you want to take a break from Warframe, I'd recommend that you play something very different, like a Fighting game (Although you don't have to go completely opposite like that if you don't want to.). Personally, I find that playing something too similar to whichever game I'm burnt out on doesn't really help with said burnout. When I'm tired of Warframe, I'm tired of grinding, dumb AI, and build/preparation focused gameplay. When I'm tired of Skullgirls, I'm tired of isolated sessions, bastard AI, and twitch reflex focused gameplay. Thus, they balance out.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

If I wanted to take a break from Warframe, what are some other games (Looters) that a fun to play and will respect my time and investment...?

if you want to take break from warframe why you are looking for similar games? try something different, I would recommend to try League of Legends for competitive aspect or some MMO with good story and big world to explore , like Guild Wars or ESO

• Like 1