Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To ppl who do do rare caches for Tenebrous Ephmera

ZeroX4

i do shedu runs and i see ppl that get off track to search for caches and i tell them its shedu farm not rare caches and they r ow ok ur right
after that i ask do they even know how that garbage u can get from rare caches looks like and they are like no

EDITED PART HERE
after they see how it looks like everyone to which i show it change their mind about worthiness of farming it

so look closely what u are after and is it worth ur time and effort

personally i would say go farm plat and buy lich ephemera they have one of best ephemeras in game 
but dont farm that garbage u see below its not worth it with that anomaly spawn rate and caches rng and well like really do u see how it looks? i would say what i reminds me but i think too many kids would read that and that would be bad

Edited by ZeroX4

If you are trying to show how the ephemera looked like in action, which will be totally fine.

But you started the lecturing of others first by telling others it is not worth their time to farm it, of course you will get responses like 'it is not your business what other do in their game'.

• Like 8

Are you running on pub? 

If yes people can do what they want and having any expectations from them should be avoided, better to have a proper farm squad instead of telling random what to do. 

If no, then OK, telling your squad to get back on track is fine. 

Also whether something looks good or not is kinda a personal choice, what looks garbage to you may look great to someone else. 

• Like 5

I know OP didn't come here for advice, but I'm a nosy guy that can't keep it to themselves, so here it is:

This isn't an sms or facebook messenger. You have all the time in the world to make a post on a forum, so use it. If you use stuff like "ppl" or "r u" on forums, it sure makes you look bad. Respect other forum users by typing properly.

OP's focused objective sounds like a job for, "invite only."

Or clan, alliance, recruiting chat, forum recruiting, solo even?
Public is what public does. If they're there for an ephemera, that's their objective.

You're welcome to mention,
"Hey guys, not to be a bother, but I'm a little short on time. I'm trying to run for the Shedu.
If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate any help on that, then I gotta go."

If they respond, "Oh, well some of us hopped on here to get the ephemera, sorry," then that's that.
You've tried and were respectful, but they weren't there to play the game the same way.
Narrowing down the pool of players to like minded people with an objective in mind First, is the only sure way to get that result.

Heading into public like you call the shots isn't going to do you many favors.
Remember, they are the protagonists in their own story, not just the background characters in yours.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

its not about public instances

If that were truly the case, then you'd simply talk to your squadmates about it, not make a public forum post on the matter. If you're that bothered about it, then build a squad in recruiting chat

My opinion on the subject is that the parts are tradeable while the ephemera isn't, thus technically the ephemera is of higher value, since it's not something you can just buy in trade chat, which is all the more reason to farm it instead of the shedu parts. Or better yet, do both at once. Have one or two people go cache hunting and everyone else beat up sentients

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

after they see how it looks like everyone to which i show it change their mind about worthiness of farming it

Who cares what it looks like, as long as other people don't have it, I don't care it looks like garbage!

I will be one of the few who has this unique garbage look!

1 час назад, ZeroX4 сказал:

read carefully what i wrote u have pretty much same problem as Chewrette

want some quotes? take this

Цитата

but dont farm that garbage u see below its not worth

so,now i read it carefully?;)

Dont tell people what to farm,ok? nobody cares if u think something is garbage. Glhf

• Like 2

To my knowledge, most people who learned about the Tenebrous Ephemera dropping from the red rare caches either saw the video on Reddit, or heard about it from clan mates. Most of mine have described it as "Like the Spore Ephemera, but without the tumors coming out of your feet," which in itself is something I'd heard people complain wasn't already a thing.

I guess OP's intent was to say "Hey, here's what you're farming for, just so you don't feel like you wasted the effort if you try it on and think it's garbage." But, if people want to farm for a free cosmetic, then they have that option.

(I should note however, that ZeroX4's manner of speaking in the OP is condescending and opinionated, so it reads like a lecture not to bother farming the Ephemera because they think it's "garbage".)

• Like 2

it's not the worst looking thing I've ever seen, but even if it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, it still wouldn't be worth the insane grind just to get it. my main peeve with it is that it totally goes against what DE originally said about Ephemeras "being earned and not tied to RNG". they gated this one behind like 3 layers of RNG: Anomaly Spawn, Container Spawn, and then the drop chance for the item itself. it's quite ridiculous.

If I get it one day, then I'll be pretty glad, but I can live without it. if DE want to respect the farm of those who have it whilst making it a bit easier to get, they could put it in ALL rare containers, then you at least don't have to wait for anomalies to have a chance, just a rare container, which really are like unicorn farts by themselves anyway.