Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

it's my choice if to stab a lich or not.

BloodKitten

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope, it really isnt, because I'm talking about the end reward here. It is all still just based on RNG if you have a good streak or not for the rest.

how is 10 thrall progress is rng based? is this some kind of advanced trolling that im too intelligent to understand?

I can deal with them perfectly fine, it still doesnt mean it is worth it to level them up. It is about picking consistancy over RNG.

theres literally no drawbacks about stabbing them if you can handle them fine. literally none. if you are at that kind of level within the game, losing a revive is not a drawback btw.

Again, obviously I dont care about the 10 thralls worth of murmurs if I decide to not stab him.

just because you dont care about them does not make them nonexistant. and you are talking as if it is nonexistant, which is wrong.

So the comment is true that it isnt much longer for the group. You have however proved the point I made when the 3x downing change went live and that was that it wont take long before people start to *@##$ on people making use of that mechanic aswell. Previously the people *@##$ing on people ignoring their lich asked for a system like this one, now that it is live they still *@##$ that it isnt fast enough. I mean #*!%, can people ever get pelased? Apparently not in WF, even when they get what they ask for.

this entire thing makes no sense whatsoever. stabbing and failing a lich is quicker than killing its first hp bar three times. its a fact thats not open for discussion.

Rejected liches? No I've done plenty of them since the release.

yeah sure you did not.

It becomes far more enjoyable and I hulk out far less since I wont run into that #*!%ing RNGsus fellow nearly as much.

funny that this statement contradicts with every actual lich farming people around that has 30+ liches under their belt.

edit: And since this is about pugs, dont expect others to share your idea of approach. If you want tip top efficiency and everyone rushing headlong into liches with their parazon, go pre-made.

i am not talking about pugs decisions or whatsoever, players are free to take the factually inefficient route as they see fit. the problem arises when they continuously make the claim of their way being way efficient, and make whine threads about people telling them the facts. 

given your history on this matter and a bunch of others, im just not gonna respond to you any further. keep on lying to yourself and to others. 

• Like 4

I thought this ridiculous "Stab vs no-Stab" argument died when DE stopped bothering with the Lich system.

Then again I also thought it died when they introduced the 3 down rule to the system, but we all know how that went.

This is why the Lich system is awful, because not only is it obtusely grindy and can spring up on new players who have barely cleared TWW from level 20 planets, but also because it is just plain irritating with punishment upon punishment just for having a Lich and also creates asinine arguments like these where everything boils down to "Git Gud" over a system that isn't even worth playing in the first place.

No matter what people say about Railjack being rushed out, I'd say the Lich system was rushed even harder and likely shouldn't have even left the drawing board in its current state.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

how is 10 thrall progress is rng based? is this some kind of advanced trolling that im too intelligent to understand?

theres literally no drawbacks about stabbing them if you can handle them fine. literally none. if you are at that kind of level within the game, losing a revive is not a drawback btw.

just because you dont care about them does not make them nonexistant. and you are talking as if it is nonexistant, which is wrong.

this entire thing makes no sense whatsoever. stabbing and failing a lich is quicker than killing its first hp bar three times. its a fact thats not open for discussion.

yeah sure you did not.

funny that this statement contradicts with every actual lich farming people around that has 30+ liches under their belt.

i am not talking about pugs decisions or whatsoever, players are free to take the factually inefficient route as they see fit. the problem arises when they continuously make the claim of their way being way efficient, and make whine threads about people telling them the facts. 

given your history on this matter and a bunch of others, im just not gonna respond to you any further. keep on lying to yourself and to others. 

The length of Lich hunting is RNG based, no matter if you stab and get the equivalent of 10 thralls you may still be SoL and have a far longer time/kill than going the consistant route. It can go from several times faster to several times slower. As I said, my last two trial end errors were much longer than anything previously because the RNG was just that bad those two times, this was with me stabbing the lich every time he popped his face in my way. Just as I've had those with slightly better RNG, that have evened out to be as fast as just going for thralls until you have the 3 mods unlocked. Aswell as I've had runs that have been silly fast, from 1 time encounters up to 5.

As I've mentioned, yeah there are drawbacks if you have a bad RNG streak. So there is a viable point to not stabbing them and opt in for pure consistancy in your runs instead. And at one point or another you get tired of the RNG involved. So there are several benefits to not stabbing.

No, I'm talking about it being nonexistant for the rest of the group. They arent impacted by my choice except for having a few seconds added to the mission. I'm not saying no one should stab, I'm saying it doesnt matter if someone decides to stab or not because the lich goes away just the same so the next guy can get his chance for a lich to spawn. Why do they care about the choice of others in the first place?

It isnt about faster, it is about 3x not being significantly lower to matter in a PuG, which this whole thread is about, people raging in PuGs.

Yes I did.

How does that contradict anything? It is an opinion, it is what makes me feel more calm while enjoying the game more instead of getting frustrated over pointless RNG.

But this whole thread was about pugs, my initial answer was directed towards pugs. So why did you answer in the first place if you arent talking about the behavior in pugs? I dont think anyone here claimed that it was the most efficient route. I've said consistant, you do know what that word means right? If you want efficiency you bite down and run the blind-test everytime because you will get the lucky streaks, the even stevens and the slow watching-paint-dry runs, but it will be more efficient in the long run. 

But please do point me to the place where I said it was more efficient to skip liches.

10 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Wrong.

Your lich levels up and you waste a revive, what if it's your last one of the day?

Lich level really doesn't matter and revives refill after each mission and most peiple will probably have 6 revives on them from arcanes,

I see leveling a lich up as a bonus more missions to choose from so you can skip mission types you don't like, seriously lich excavation sucks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

over a system that isn't even worth playing in the first place.

No matter what people say about Railjack being rushed out, I'd say the Lich system was rushed even harder and likely shouldn't have even left the drawing board in its current state.

^This Tenno gets it. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

As I've mentioned, yeah there are drawbacks if you have a bad RNG streak. So there is a viable point to not stabbing them and opt in for pure consistancy in your runs instead. And at one point or another you get tired of the RNG involved. So there are several benefits to not stabbing.

Which is exactly what happened to me when I tried the so called "faster" method of always stabbing your Lich.  I ended up with a level 5 Lich and multiple deaths to it before the correct mod was finally unlocked through murmers.  Interestingly, I was able to collect more murmers just killing the many Thralls that spawned solo than with a group.  

Edit: Having done it both ways I can still say that the process is a waste of time.

Edited by DatDarkOne

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

^This Tenno gets it. 

Which is exactly what happened to me when I tried the so called "faster" method of always stabbing your Lich.  I ended up with a level 5 Lich and multiple deaths to it before the correct mod was finally unlocked through murmers.  Interestingly, I was able to collect more murmers just killing the many Thralls that spawned solo than with a group.  

Edit: Having done it both ways I can still say that the process is a waste of time.

For me it is great the times the mindless stabbing works. I'm at total peace with myself at those time and walking on fluffy little clouds with smiley faces on them. But when I run into the mindless stabbings where RNGsus just goes "#*!% you mate!" that peace within myself just goes poof and the berserker inside pops out and kills those fluffy little smileyface clouds with a giant axe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Lich level really doesn't matter and revives refill after each mission and most peiple will probably have 6 revives on them from arcanes,

I see leveling a lich up as a bonus more missions to choose from so you can skip mission types you don't like, seriously lich excavation sucks

I agree with the bonus. Level 1 liches are a pain. You get to the point of praying they show up so you can just open up more levels. Especially before your stuck with the hijack mission :(.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

-snip-

What are you talking about?...And why did you quote me of all people?, All I said was "I wonder if this will happen" cuz it's quite clear Kuva Lich system was rushed from the get go and everywhere I go I see "done liches, now what" or people complaing about getting the same gun. An small damage % bonus is nothing ,but adds to meta builds. Once you have all the weapons, what then?.

But quite iorinc that you post this, when we all kown that given from the charts the Kuva Lich system was the worst thing ever (if you watch devstreams) so quite legit, I was right, it IS getting changed. If you have beef with the OP about not stabbing liches (or anyone in that matter) then go solo.

On 2020-01-18 at 2:03 PM, Airwolfen said:

Its the way of Baruuk. High power strength, high crit (umbra mods), heavy attack build with corrosive. Only way the lich will survive the heavy attack is by it being resistant or immune to corrosive. And with resistance they still lose about 80% of their bar.

Guess the biggest downside for most people will be is that they would have to play Baruuk.

Poor Baruuk. Gets no respect. 

• Like 1

Le 16/1/2020 à 17:01, BloodKitten a dit :

so, how i am going about wich lich is, i dont stab it untill i uncover a mod, then i attempt to see if is the first one in the order, i dont stab a lich untill i uncover a mod basicly, yet people whine about me downing them 3 times and making them leave.

if you want to deal with a level 5 lich, be my guest, i rather work my own way on my lich, even if i end up having to take out more thralls as a result.

If you were going to not level the lich at all until you got all 3 runes, it would make sense. It would be horribly unefficient for a very very very small gain of confort, but still, it'd make sense.

But if you're gonna stab after rune 1, it's just unefficient and doesn't make sense. The probability of you fighting a lvl5 lich that way is still very high, but you're slowing yours and other's farm for no reason...

I got it at lich launch, when low Mr could get stuck with a lich by accident, and would thus avoid leveling it at all. But now, if you're stuck with too high level content for you, it's your fault for not putting in the leg work. Don't slow others down for no reason.

On 2020-01-16 at 6:34 PM, 844448 said:

Not everyone can take level 5 lich easily. For example I can take level 5 lich with Nyx and Vauban without dying but I'm not sure everyone can do the same thing

Yes, an mr0 excal with no mods probably couldn't take it down, but any player with limited amount of knowledge if modding can.
They are hardly an inconvenience.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Hey doofus. It's not 2014 anymore. Have you been living under a rock for the past six years?

Hey doofus, the point is a level 5 lich is a pain in the arse to deal with if you're not in the mood. Sometimes players just want to quick-farm murmurs, kill/convert the lich for w/e reason, and be done with it. Such as me, I prefer not fighting level 5's because it does not seem that their levels matter for conversion and I need myself a lich harem. I'm not gonna brute force this crap and have to deal with a max power lich if I don't feel like it. I don't give a F if it's easy or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

People still whining about what a random did in pubs?

Still, and always. It's predictable as the sunrise. 

I swear, if people aren't good enough to handle pub groups, they need to avoid them until their skillset improves. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Still, and always. It's predictable as the sunrise. 

I swear, if people aren't good enough to handle pub groups, they need to avoid them until their skillset improves. 

and what is "good enough"? Your definition or theirs? Because your implication is they need to be able to to handle a level 5 lich which is not required at all. That's why DE instituted the down it 3 times thing, so people have a choice. If it's not your choice then maybe you're not "good enough" for pub groups.

1 hour ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Hey doofus, the point is a level 5 lich is a pain in the arse to deal with if you're not in the mood. Sometimes players just want to quick-farm murmurs, kill/convert the lich for w/e reason, and be done with it. Such as me, I prefer not fighting level 5's because it does not seem that their levels matter for conversion and I need myself a lich harem. I'm not gonna brute force this crap and have to deal with a max power lich if I don't feel like it. I don't give a F if it's easy or not.

Hey doofus. I was referring to the limited revives which you alluded to in your previous post. 

On 2020-01-19 at 7:06 AM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Wrong.

Your lich levels up and you waste a revive, what if it's your last one of the day?

You do realize that hasn't been a thing since 2015, or are you just that much of an oblivious tool?

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 1