Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kuva Bramma and the dangers of self damage!

NoggDog117

Same issue with a lot of weapons that can self damage, the mod can't be used on them 😕 like acceltra and lenz.

And for some reason cautiious shot is available on ignis wraith, a weapon that doesn't do self damage.

Would be simpler to just allow it to be used on all weapons.

Edited by HunterDigi

Problem is this weapon isn't exactly accurate or reliable, with multishot it spits out extra arrows at random angles, hitting things the original wouldnt, or landing abit nearer so it hits you. Wonder how it is whith the -acc mod on it.

Edit- Tried -acc mod, doesn't make a huge difference, but can still be the difference between life and death, for you.

Edited by Rivendark

Players have been telling DE that self-damage isn't fun and needs to be removed for years.

DE have been stubbornly pretending the issue does not exist and/or offering bandaid solutions, because of reasons.

This is iteration #314159 of this conversation which is (most likely) going to be ignored again. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rivendark said:

So, got my new Bramma, got to modding it, knowing it was rather explosive i figured it would want Cautious Shot on it. Well fat out of luck there because i can't, not an option, so i thought maybe DE had decided not to let it do self damage. Fat out of luck there too, first shot killed me. Door closed, i died. A body flew infront of me, dead again. You know, the usual problems with self damage, which can usually be fixed with a mod. Huh. Also with a max ammo cap of 15, yes, 15, you kinda need a mutation mod (and i can equip the sniper mutation mod so guess what that means, not much ammo without a mod), in the slot for the self damage mod, maybe they figure we can't kill ourselves if we have no ammo? And to top it off, so far as i can tell the small bombs that come from the initial explosion, do no damage, to enemies or me. So what was even the point of this weapon? If by some miracle i don't kill myself with the 15 shots i have, it requires ammo mods to be usable anyway, so either run with a carrier that will die when you do, which is often, or just use another weapon?

Well, i'll see myself out.... the door closed on me and i died again....

Rank it up for the MR, then just forget it exists like all the other self damage weapons unless DE makes a change.

Edit: At least you can meme around with them with a Revenant Memer skin or Nyx 4 Augment build, unless they nerf the self-damage immunity on those.

Edited by Sylonus
  • Like 1

7 часов назад, Rivendark сказал:

Fun facts. It does self damage. And you can't put Cautious Shot on it. And it has 15 shots.

I doubt that Cautious Shot would've saved us from death...That bow deal SO MUCH damage with all those cluster bombs, low accuracy and aoe

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Don't shoot point blank.

Or get blocked by teammate, or use multishot in a narrow corridor or small maps, or have a random enemy charge in while shooting it. Just don't use it and have fun at the same time.

Or have a mod with it's intended use to actually be useful, for god sake its equippable on non self-damage weapons. 

I feel like there should be more to submitting feedback than "do this plox!"

Why should it work with a bow anyway?

P.S. I don't have this weapon yet but half the fun of the Lenz is potentially getting dropped or having to try to roll away after the initial cold dmg to survive a poorly timed shot. Not everything should be mindlessly easy.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

7 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I feel like there should be more to submitting feedback than "do this plox!"

P.S. I don't have this weapon yet but half the fun of the Lenz is potentially getting dropped or having to try to roll away after the initial cold dmg to survive a poorly timed shot. Not everything should be mindlessly easy.

That's fun for you not so much for others though. The whole point of the mod is to negate self damage. Ergo it should work on everything that does self damage. I also believe that the explosive specific mods like firestorm should work on the bow explosives as well because again there is an explosion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Using the mod pretty much nerfs any weapon that you put it in anyway and waste a mod slot or mod capacity.

Its there as a choice whether or not you enjoy the risk of blowing yourself but do more damage or you like to have more breathing room and not worry dying if you pull the trigger.

Edited by keyosbringer

I'd like to be able to use it on Prisma Angstrum and Stug too. It says "Unique" on it, I thought it'd apply to every explosive, primary or secondary.

But does it even work and be able to prevent 1hitting yourself with a 30k damage Stug? I heard they improved it but couldn't find proof.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

38 minutes ago, keyosbringer said:

Using the mod pretty much nerfs any weapon that you put it in anyway and waste a mod slot or mod capacity.

Its there as a choice whether or not you enjoy the risk of blowing yourself but do more damage or you like to have more breathing room and not worry dying if you pull the trigger.

not an nerf if you know what are you doing
example: in narrow tileset, with Cautious Shot, you can just go kamikaze mode and exploding everything closeby, ignoring the fact that exist walls restricting your aim (example: Hydron)

at least, i know that Speed Nova combined with Kuva Ogris + Firestorm + Amalgam Furax Body Count + Cautious Shot can clear fast enough in hydron to be considered as good combo, not as good as spore Saryn, but its good
plus if someone else is helping, even better, since you can be an little lazy after exploding 20 rockets on yourself on that round and survive to tell that tale (Penta series doesn't work because you will be staggered if get caught by the explosion radius)

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same action, over and over again, expecting the results to change... damn RNG, i'm insane

The kuva bramma bow seriously needs cautious shot, the projecticles are like minibombs that bounce off walls/ceiling/objects and other players making it really unpredictable to use, it gets even worse when you add in multishot to it with tonnes of mini bombs bouncing off everything.

At least with the lenz you know where the shot is landing, and how large the radius of the explosion is from the visual cue with the frost proc effect.