Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks like the squad link is coming with Operation Scarlet Spear

Looking at the explanation of the operation, it's time to prepare your best railjack for this operation because I have a suspicion that we'll fighting hard hitting sentients in the space

Prepare your railjack, prepare your archwing, prepare your intrinsics and prepare your popcorn because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

5 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Would be funny if Railjack was worth of tíme investment

I would like to see those people who say railjack isn't worth of time investment reaction when operation scarlet spear has lots of things from cosmetics to new weapons and they can't do the event

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

It's not the railjack part that I'm worry about. It's the other team that I'm 'Link" to. It's bad enough public randoms are chaotic, going to be worse with another full team in the mix.

Well yeah I am also a bit concerned about the link part. It really depends on how doable the RJ missions are without it, whether I can use it while solo (probably not), and how difficult are the link missions (if it's a lvl 20 exterminate then hopefully people wont struggle too much), and more importantly, what are the "troll protection" measures going to be (to avoid people accepting link missions and then just AFKing it out of spite).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I would like to see those people who say railjack isn't worth of time investment reaction when operation scarlet spear has lots of things from cosmetics to new weapons and they can't do the event

It's been confirmed to be a community event, and events usually have one of the lowest entry requirements. I'm sorry, but I don't think Operation Scarlet Spear will require any great Railjack or specifically good gear. Plague Star, Buried Debts, and Relay Reconstruction never required more than a basic loadout, and this will likely be no different.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's been confirmed to be a community event, and events usually have one of the lowest entry requirements. I'm sorry, but I don't think Operation Scarlet Spear will require any great Railjack or specifically good gear. Plague Star, Buried Debts, and Relay Reconstruction never required more than a basic loadout, and this will likely be no different.

I'd hope so. Veil is probably the least enjoyable part of the game for me.

2 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Well yeah I am also a bit concerned about the link part. It really depends on how doable the RJ missions are without it, whether I can use it while solo (probably not), and how difficult are the link missions (if it's a lvl 20 exterminate then hopefully people wont struggle too much), and more importantly, what are the "troll protection" measures going to be (to avoid people accepting link missions and then just AFKing it out of spite).

I agree.

And I'm curious what the best way to solve it would be. I'm keeping in mind, the original idea was that you could activate Squad Link to destroy some kind of obstacle within your Railjack mission, but if nobody responded or you were playing Solo you would then be given a Railjack objective to destroy that obstacle yourself.

Perhaps after some time limit (ten minutes or so), the Squad Link automatically destroys the obstacle regardless of the ground team's progress? Ground team would still have to complete their objective to get their mission rewards, but the Railjack team isn't penalized for lollygagging they have no control over

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

Well we only got fixers for console two weeks ago,  and still no control soooo...and the frame rate in railjack is a joke on ps4, so won't even bother with it. .. 

I'm sort of more intrigued by what seems to be a different implementation of Squad Link than the one we saw at TennoCon. Back then, it just seemed to be like a "deploy a beacon any time and opt in" kind of deal. Now it looks to be hub-based, possibly involving a jobs board of some kind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Those events are aimed at being able to be done by anybody. But an event taking place in the railjack only veil proxima involving story that takes place after you have completed every single story quest probably won't be accessible to everyone and could be harder. 

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

This would be pretty horrible from every possible perspective, if they plan for something like this IMO they should stop immediately.

How about fixing railjack bugs first and shipping AI/NPC crew second? Too much to ask? Ok, enjoy loosing all your cosmetics and new weapons because it bugged out.

29 minutes ago, 32768 said:

This would be pretty horrible from every possible perspective, if they plan for something like this IMO they should stop immediately.

How about fixing railjack bugs first and shipping AI/NPC crew second? Too much to ask? Ok, enjoy loosing all your cosmetics and new weapons because it bugged out.

I don't see any bug after so many fixes they released and horrible? We had this on Profit-Taker heist before where people don't bother to reach old mate and then complain when you can reach that rank passively from ticker.

How many months we have railjack already? Two? Three? Is that time not enough to at least getting Sigma MK 3 parts from dojo? I believe DE said content will revolve more around railjack so if they're not prepared, it's on them and there's hardly any bugs if you have adequate computer and internet

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

prepare your popcorn

hey, right now we're still mining the Primed Chamber of salt, we don't have enough Excavators, there's just so much!

59 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Inb4 players say De is forcing content on them.

players: "we need more content!"

DE: *releases content*

Players: "arrgh, you're forcing it upon us! STAHP!"

DE: ????

IMO, people have had more than enough time to get their railjack up to scratch. yes, the mode has been broken, nobody can deny that, but consider how long it's been since the launch, PLUS how long it will be before Scarlet Spear is released (no ETA as of yet), by then most people should have been able to complete enough missions and have at least mk2 of everything. if they end up struggling because they didn't play it, even though DE also said they plan on tying Railjack into the main game, then they have nobody to blame but themselves for not investing in their railjack. DE can spend all their time improving railjack,. but if people choose not to play it, it's not DE's fault if a person's railjack is getting pounded by Sentients because it has default gear.

of course, then can always try and join a host who has a decent ship, but then we'll see complaints when that doesn't work out either. I for one welcome our sentient overlords, space battles with them will be a lot of fun!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I don't see any bug after so many fixes they released and horrible? We had this on Profit-Taker heist before where people don't bother to reach old mate and then complain when you can reach that rank passively from ticker.

How many months we have railjack already? Two? Three? Is that time not enough to at least getting Sigma MK 3 parts from dojo? I believe DE said content will revolve more around railjack so if they're not prepared, it's on them and there's hardly any bugs if you have adequate computer and internet

This is going to be Profit Taker 2.0 then. Whatever it is, i personally didn't bother to do it even once. Fortuna rep is more of a job rather than a game, it's tedious and not fun to login every day and do some stupid missions just to up an integer number on your screen. Ticker is the MVP, it's a very good option when you can play the game the way you want to play it.

If they repeat this mistake, then peeps won't play Railjack apparently. They need to fix bugs, yes, there are still bugs, asteroid base on Saturn is still invisible. Hello? They also need to make it less annoying, yes, there are a lot of annoying things. They also need to let people simply gear up for the mission, battle avionics and artillery stop working in Veil for example. Railjack is pretty badly broken in many places, there are ways around this, but nobody is going to look for them, i would assume that people just won't play it in this state.

Good luck though. Hopefully new operation is longer than a week, i guess i won't be playing it for the first week or two.

I do believe that there are many bugs that happen when you run a RJ mission. It affects the gameplay as well as the motivation for people to play it. I’ve leveled up quite a bit but still get weary when I enter a RJ mission. I’m hoping for the best though, just not too optimistic that the old bugs won’t reoccur. Just my thoughts....

35 minutes ago, 32768 said:

If they repeat this mistake, then peeps won't play Railjack apparently. They need to fix bugs, yes, there are still bugs, asteroid base on Saturn is still invisible. Hello? They also need to make it less annoying, yes, there are a lot of annoying things. They also need to let people simply gear up for the mission, battle avionics and artillery stop working in Veil for example. Railjack is pretty badly broken in many places, there are ways around this, but nobody is going to look for them, i would assume that people just won't play it in this state.

I don’t see any bugs in my Railjack experience, then again I host 99% of the time so hosts are safe from bugs. Are you playing as a client when it happened? Railjack tends to love to derp out if you connect to a potato hosts. 

16 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I don’t see any bugs in my Railjack experience, then again I host 99% of the time so hosts are safe from bugs. Are you playing as a client when it happened? Railjack tends to love to derp out if you connect to a potato hosts. 

No, i host too. The worst is when host is bugged - they sort of fixed that, so now everyone can use star chart when mission is over, which is probably a bug on its ow depending how you look at it, but at least clients can try to finish the mission w/o host. Someone may die in crew ship or warp out with it (don't remember) when mission ends and this bugs entire Railjack in infinite void transition until bugged client would disconnect, i don't know if they fixed this.

Artillery missing shots is still a thing, artillery overall is very inconsistent and doesn't work. Bugged health on fighters after flying through healing bubble is still a thing. Healing bubbles spam is still a thing. This is what i was able to pick up just by playing couple of missions this/past weekend. I'm sure there are a lot more, i just don't play it so much anymore.

You know, when Railjack is bugged and crew gathers together to discuss how to abort mission in a most optimal way so at least someone has a chance to get something from the mission is very unpleasant experience.