Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

54 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Just a reminder: if a Bramma main gets angry as if they weren't expecting something like this, that's on them. 

I do main bramma, and I can say I am only somewhat annoyed. I feel like an ammo reserve of 5 is just too low, and needs a small buff to give it a reserve of 7. But everything else I do agree with and this should put the bramma into a decent spot. 

12 minutes ago, mikakor said:

you are either trolling or a noob. sorry, but Bramma was not at all inefficient.

rly?

3 enemies, each one in their own spot, you're going to use a charge weapon that you'll need to charge 3 times and launch a projectile with travel speed to kill 3 enemies?

I'm not sure at what speed you play the game, but with me, consider yourself lucky to even get the 1st enemy.

I'm not saying it's a bad weapon, it's just it's a terrible choice for anything productive, because of all the games i've had so far with bramma players, all failed to be productive with the weapon alone and are usually outpaced by other player using other weapons.

il y a 40 minutes, GreyEnneract a dit :

It wouldn't reign supreme if the other explosives got the buffs they needed in the first place
Most explosive weapons were already in a bad spot.
The falloff changes even hit weapons that didn't do self-damage.
They even hit some Warframe abilities that went unlisted.

Stug for example became an even bigger joke than before.
Even after these nerfs, Bramma will still be the best explosive weapon in every scenario.

Nothing in practice will have changed.
What a mess these past explosive weapon changes have been. 

This man speaks the truth.

Also, bring back self damage, just have the projectiles go trough allies and add a safe distance indicator near the crosshair, that's all we ask!

30 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Melee is a different category in a different ballpark. MR1 melee weapons compete with MR10 primaries. I think that's intentional so that WF stands out from other shooters by having a melee focus.

And when Melee is the only meta of the game and obviously the most typed of weapon used by far due the massive buffs they've been getting non stop, they'll nerf them to the ground so the cycle continues. 

Classic DE.

I can't wait for the next Bramma because if something i learned after all, it's that Digital Extreme never learns from their own mistakes.

fair changes i guess, at least they doesn't lower the firerate
making it having low Ammo will probably prevent player from spamming this weapon this i guess.

but there a little problem with the bomblet changes.
since your reduce the number from bomblet from the explosion 

the amount of status you can proc reduce by alot.
combine this with the Reduce Max ammo changes the weapon will be ineffective against heavier target.

my suggestion is make the 3 bomblet explode multiple times (at same place) with each n tick have chance to proc status

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are doing a comprehensive review of this issue that players are raising to see what the next steps are. 

You could have just mastery locked it. 

If you're gonna do this to the weapon, can you at least fix it so it isnt reflected off of mag's magnetize bubble? 

Pretty please? 

hace 4 minutos, edski10 dijo:

God forbid we have fun in a PVE game

Not exactly. Most of the times I'd agree with you about this is the wrong direction when a weapon is so loved by the community. This time I confess the Bramma has become annoying when someone spams it constantly. Its a great weapon with the ability to become annoying for the squadmates, and thats a problem.

55 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

Self damage used to take care of that just fine and encourage more skillful gameplay. Now we'll have to nerf things around a bad decision.

THANK YOU!. im sorry but if you wanted the removal of self damage, your an idiot who just wants to spam with no consequence, and you deserve the nerf you got lol. anyone with even 1/4 of a brain saw this nerf coming.

Thank you so much. Looking forward to hopefully no longer feeling the need to leave public missions with Bramma users. Would rather see a reversal back to selfdamage which at least was a balancing factor, but I'll take a Bramma nerf over nothing.

12 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

rly?

3 enemies, each one in their own spot, you're going to use a charge weapon that you'll need to charge 3 times and launch a projectile with travel speed to kill 3 enemies?

I'm not sure at what speed you play the game, but with me, consider yourself luck to even get the 1st enemy.

I'm not saying it's a bad weapon, it's just it's a terrible choice for anything productive, because of all the games i've had so far with bramma players, all failed to be productive with the weapon alone and are usually outpaced by other player using other weapons.

Yeah right. I call bullS#&$. 

8 minutes ago, The-Almighty said:

And when Melee is the only meta of the game and obviously the most typed of weapon used by far due the massive buffs they've been getting non stop, they'll nerf them to the ground so the cycle continues. 

Classic DE.

I can't wait for the next Bramma because if something is true after all this year, it's that Digital Extreme never learns from their own mistakes.

I don't think it's the same issue. Melees will be nerfed in line with other Melee weapons, not primaries, secondaries, or Mesa.

Again: Even an MR1 melee outclasses an MR10 primary. Mainly because at the end of the day most games resolve around risk vs. reward. The safer something is, the weaker it is vs. something riskier. Melee is not even an option for some frames because of how squishy they are and their inability to stand in the frontlines. This mekes melee more risky, hence more powerful.

It's why I think the Bramma was perfectly fine when self-damage was a thing; risk vs. reward. 

So you guys are really careful with rivens and what not and not to "disrupt the market"  and what not but this is like the equivalent of taking a 5 dispo riven and making it a 1-2 dispo. I mean its fine to nerf it cuz it was OP sure and it was annoying to play with (the laaag dearlord).. but holy darn is that nerf massive. This got tonkor'd hard. ash'd even. One might even say it got prereworknerf'dember'd'd! Not only was this weapon already unable to use the new multishot mod, it has less clusters, less ammo, less ammo conversion. Its like a worse ogris. 

no but really, its fiiine to nerf things but.. darn be gradual about it, tenno overlords.

11 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I do main bramma, and I can say I am only somewhat annoyed. I feel like an ammo reserve of 5 is just too low, and needs a small buff to give it a reserve of 7. But everything else I do agree with and this should put the bramma into a decent spot. 

Then you are a reasonable Bramma main, and I respect your feedback and input.

36 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

OK let's recap : no self dmg + bramma = havoc and mayem and we all can agree on that.

The thing is...3/4 yrs ago when tonkor dealt no self dmg, we faced the same situation and you guys at DE HQ decided to give tonkor self dmg to put an end to mindless kamikaze spam in ever damn mission...you also changed simulor due to the interaction with mirage for the same reason.

Years later you remove self dmg and replace it with a staggering counterpart that 1/3 of the frames can ignore due to augments and abilities and the other 2/3 can work around with primed sure footed.

You brought back the same thing you wanted to get rid of, or tone down years ago with the aforementioned changes, plain and simple.

No offence but it just makes me laugh.

You should have kept self dmg on explosive launcher weapons, for balance purposes and remove it from weapons like Komorex etc, and i don't really see why guns like cyanex and company had to have that stagger effect in the first place.

In a way you're the cause of this "evil" bramma thing, and in 2020 you just went back to square one aka the days tonkor and simulor mirage were some of the most cancerous spammy things to have in a mission.

You can nerf the bramma all you want, the core issue that led to this mindless bramma spam is the removal of self dmg end of story.

I totally agree with this. 

Bring back self dmg and lich ohkos. 

1 hour ago, -TSA-KenSasaki said:

Again: its a PvE game... cant understand why we need so balance changes. Bramma is good how it is, yes it does tons of dmg and now? I saw other weapons that u can brake with riven so hard, the bramma is a joke to this but there comes 0 changes.
First the S#&$ with the Zenistar that no one plays now cause its #*!%ign annoying, now the bramma, whats next? rly, its just stupid...

Now i wait for the Shildeg nerf...

Shildeg is not overpowered. It's actually on the same level of power as other hammers like Fragor Prime for example.

The ammo reserve reduction and the reduction in ammo pickups seems like overkill. The reduction to 5 puts it in line with the Lenz, but the Lenz has ammo mutation built in. The Lenz by design also encourages more careful shots due to the explosion delay, which is in opposition to the instant results the Bramma gives with its cluster bombs. 

I don't mind the other changes, though. 

The Bramma is a high powered piece of artillery: It's allure is that it can apply high amounts of damage to a large area! This nerf doesn't seem that bad to me for one simple reason: It goes out it's way to balance the Bramma in a way that maintains those unique qualities. You guys could have just cut the damage numbers and/or the size of the AOE, but you didn't! 

I respect DE's commitment to making the "meta" vibrant and diverse, even if it negatively effects my favorite weapons. Doing those "nerfs" in a way that keeps the alluring aspects of the weapon in tact is commendable.

The only part of this I'm potentially concerned about is the ammo reserve change: "If I spend more time out of ammo than with ammo, what's the point!" 

All of that being said, I'll reserve judgement until I give it a good try after the update.

This accomplishes nothing. Now people will go back to their Nuke Frames and Ignis to experience the same thing the old bramma does. Will people cry about that next? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

More reason for a matchmaking preference.

55 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

So this is the Catchmoon fiasco all over again...

I just need to ask.. how does this happen again and again. Weapon is released so blatantly powerful that everyone and their mother is using it. Usage statistics spike. Weapon is nerfed to the ground (Bramma is still not nerfed enough in my opinion, but we'll see). All the people who invested time and resources into these obviously broken weapons are disappointed.

How hard is it to see at the conception of a weapon that it is so stupidly overpowered and easy to use that it will no doubt end up in this situation? A weapon that does more damage than snipers, is massively AoE, has absolutely no drawbacks.. Isnt it time to look at weapon balance at release instead of a few months after? I mean it doesnt take a clairvoyant to see if a weapon is going to be so over the top that it makes every other weapon obsolete. 

I have been wondering  the same thing.

Archived