Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead of Nidus Prime, can we get an Ancient Nidus

(PSN)FK2P

I like the idea that instead of there being a better orokin version of nidus, there instead would be a matured version, similar to how the infestation mature into ancients. He needs a huge disgusting design with multiple dynamic parts. Yum Yum

(I used the word ancient because of his infested theme, and the big daddy infested are the ancients, so it made sense in my head.) 

Ancient Nidus!!!

19 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

We won't be getting umbral chroma, gnosis inaros, or the Fab Four any time soon, the irony being people would pay for them, but we will get prime versions of the ones left, because people pay for them. *shrug*

Who are the Fab Four 🙂

3 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Calibro [x]

Volt [ ]

Mag [ ]

Rhino [ ]

Waiting for THIS^.

But a PRIMAL Nidus would be interesting...trapped and evolving for centuries.  What Lore heavily hints at is the use of Sentient Bones (see Hunhow quote) as a component in Warframe creation.  In Nidus it seems to be pure Infestation.

1 hour ago, StormWolf1337 said:

Sentient not as in the WF Sentients but sentient as in intelligent/capable of thought or independent actions. Kinda seemed apt from his mission.

Still, Umbra doesn't mean sentience.
Umbra, as of right now, is just a Warframe made by Ballas, a Warframe the Orokin Higher-Ups didn't know about.

Nidus =/= Infestation. He is just a frame that looks like he is infested but he is built that way through the Warframe program. He isnt infected by the actual infestation since he, like all other frames are immune to that strain. The Orokin for some reason just wanted a monster frame that worked similar to the actual infestation.

Yeah, one of the Prime frames I'm looking forward to, just out of curiosity. I even have this side note jotted down in my Prime release order speculation notes:

"2021
♀️Gara Prime
♂️Nidus Prime - Maybe? Really? Kinda hard to imagine him all gold and blingy.
♂️Harrow Prime
♀️Khora Prime - Save two Umbra Formas"

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

chances are he'll still be primed, they just make him look like he's infected with a golden disease or something. it could look really good though, who knows.

I was thinking the opposite actually

Orokins only accept perfection, even in terms of looks, everything has to be symmetrical, & white with golden bits

So I think NidusP will just look like a smooth golden chitin armor to completely hide the infestation, & the more stacks he gains, the more infestation will show

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nidus =/= Infestation. He is just a frame that looks like he is infested but he is built that way through the Warframe program. He isnt infected by the actual infestation since he, like all other frames are immune to that strain. The Orokin for some reason just wanted a monster frame that worked similar to the actual infestation.

All Warframes are infested. They have the Helminth strain. 

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I played through the Silver Grove and got the feeling that frame creators were given a wide range of control over how a unique frame was designed. Titania (possibly Oberon) reflect Silvana's vision, even if Ballus ended up distorting it.

So Nidus is monstrous not because the Orokin wanted it that way, but because whomever was in charge of its development liked the fleshy aesthetic. Maybe Nidus, Garuda, and Nictus were put together by the Orokin equivalent of someone really into horror movies.

It's tough when you seperate Nidus to other prime variant. That would only be a standalone. Similar to what they did to Excalibur Umbra.

I think Nidus Prime, is already fine and dandy. Since the significance of "Primes" are the gold accents in Warframes.

Very painfull to see when weapons are being seperate into branches having their own different names. Which it loses the value of the weapon.

Instead of using the weapon "IGNIS"

Having thier own twist (My own Example. What if...)

1. Ignis
  2. Ignis Wraith
  3. Ignis Vandal
  4. Ignis Prime
  5. Ignis Soltice

This 5 examples, performs all the same, with the only difference are stats wise. I had to only choose the best, and the rest are just bunch of garbage.

A re-skins of a weapon. 

It's the same apply to Warframes. It has to be Nidus Prime. If u say Ancient Nidus. People would ask "When there would be Nidus Prime?"

It's hard to be a game design. Development takes a long time. 

• Then what if they make the same weapons different?

If they made similar weapons different to one another then, they should instead create a new weapon, just to save time really.

Archived