Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are now starting becoming toxic over Protea

TheNeonGod

6 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

I was in hydron mission, I was throw fan grenades to kill the mobs quickly  and protect the objective.

OK, Let's take a moment and be honest here...

If you had a Vauban and a Khora in the same mission then "protecting the objective" was thoroughly covered.

That said:

• People could have been complaining about your level of DPS in Hydron because people go there to level their stuff.
  • People could have been complaining because the playstyle you were using cut down on the extra goodies received from stangledome
  • People could have just been complaining because complaining is what people do... Complaining is our first natural response after all.

In my opinion? Keep going...

If I entered Hydron in a pub then I am looking for you kind folks to level my companion for me and I need you putting as much damage as you possibly can into enemies😁

This is what happens when folk care about kill counts. Unless you're farming focus I don't really see why it matters so much. Synergy makes things faster/easier and setting up mobs usually results in a lower kill count. I'd say stop over-glorifying a kill count and move on lol. The game has so many options to mess around with. Personally anyone spawn trapping is a special type of kill hunter.. mashing melee button is another, especially in low-mid lvl runs. I thought roflcoptering would stop by now.. but nope.

To do well in ESO, u basically spawn trap EVERYTHING and I don't see how that can be continuosly fun lol, to each their own.. don't be mad if folk don't like it and leave tho.

6 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

Did only 5 waves and found out i did the most damage and the most kills

If you think that kills and damage are what matters, you're wrong.

It's the effects. I'd be the last guy to complain about extreme particle effects, but Protea is just horrible.

3 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

OK, Let's take a moment and be honest here...

If you had a Vauban and a Khora in the same mission then "protecting the objective" was thoroughly covered.

That said:

• People could have been complaining about your level of DPS in Hydron because people go there to level their stuff.
  • People could have been complaining because the playstyle you were using cut down on the extra goodies received from stangledome
  • People could have just been complaining because complaining is what people do... Complaining is our first natural response after all.

In my opinion? Keep going...

If I entered Hydron in a pub then I am looking for you kind folks to level my companion for me and I need you putting as much damage as you possibly can into enemies😁

So they need to kill more efficiently then........

And yeah I love these peeps who just wanna do damage, it make me wanna do more.......OVERKILL IS THE BEST KILL 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RetroKingRasta said:

Maaaan I have a Vauban building now. Whuts the non love about? Oh ima still pull The Vauban out n to use whatever the answer lol

Vauban is great , i am using him predominantly to clear the SP , can completely control a room.

The only issue is that his vortex can sometimes ragdoll enemies into crevices and get them stuck.

Also makes it harder to get precise shots and ragdolled enemies cannot be targeted by some abilities.

Can cause a bit of frustration.

Other than that , he is very versatile and can cover multiple playstyles depending on your build , though CC remains his focus.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Vauban is great , i am using him predominantly to clear the SP , can completely control a room.

The only issue is that his vortex can sometimes ragdoll enemies into crevices and get them stuck.

Also makes it harder to get precise shots and ragdolled enemies cannot be targeted by some abilities.

Can cause a bit of frustration.

Other than that , he is very versatile and can cover multiple playstyles depending on your build , though CC remains his focus.

Ah so he just a thriller killer then basically..... This has made me wanna take him out for a spin even more lol

Bless for the answer..... And CC is the way! Noted.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Slash needs Armor removal?

Protea's 1 will heavily profit from armor removal. While it does have a significant status chance, you obviously get a lot more damage if the majority of the damage that procs slash goes through aswell. On top of that the viral proc from Miasma will improve slash procs.

I’ve come the the point of sitting on the objective if a protea is spamming grenades. If someone else is going to be a try-hard for the highest kill count, I’ll find something else to occupy my time. Thanks to try-hards, my 3d print projects are finally moving along lol.

Id like to see the chatlogs tbh, Ive seen it time and again that OPs claims of someone "toxic" usually stems from ignored reasonable requests such as "DONT BLIND ME PLEASE" or "We are trying to farm pollymer, wanna put your grenades inside Khoras Dome?" and after people get miffed they pull the victim card. 

Im not saying youre liying by default, but I cant consider what you say is true unless I can confirm it myself.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Slash needs Armor removal?

Slash damage does, yes.

Her grenades deal slash damage and have a 33% chance to proc the slash status effect. That's what causes the bleeds you seem to equate with slash damage - two different things. Slash damage is actually bad against Grineer armor. So yeah, 67% of the time armor removal does affect Proteas grenades.

Heat - Proteas other damage source - is affected by armor removal too.

@Drachnyn mentioned Miasma earlier which I didn't even think about. So, Saryn gives Protea 100% - 325% more damage to her grenade slash procs. Granted 325% being very unrealistic. Let's say a 100% and sometimes maybe up to 150% more damage depending on how spammy the Saryn is.

I know people love to complain about Saryn, but she actually amplifies the damage of others if the enemies don't die instantly.

7 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

As a vauban user, this annoys me also.

I have learned to take around ~260% range and place it directly above the tileset in Hydron. This makes it so that no enemy is ragdolled into the geometry and therefore enemies no longer get stuck. They are pulled in exactly when they are out in the open. Helps both the team and me too.

Just quoting this in hopes of a few more Vauban players absorbing the info.

maybe it is because of the energy colour? I heard some said protea 1st skill is very bright for them, so it may irritate them. I use darker energy colour for my vauban and avoid using bright energy for explosive weapons & skills. However, for some skills that need to see so that easier for the team to notice, i will use brighter colour e.g. wisp mote i use bright colour and her mote wont hurt eyes even on bright tone. 

9 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Just wait until you try some pug survival (for relics or kuva maybe) and see how players get away from you to stop you from "kill stealing" with either Nova, Octavia, Khora, Hydroid, etc., which in turn splits the spawns so thin the life support begins to go under 50% in less than 10 minutes.

I go somewhere else so that i can participate in the mission too, don't really give a damn about getting garbage or going higher than 15 min max. It's your own fault for boring me.

3 hours ago, (PS4)RetroKingRasta said:

So they need to kill more efficiently then........

And yeah I love these peeps who just wanna do damage, it make me wanna do more.......OVERKILL IS THE BEST KILL 

Kinda irrelevant in Hydron tbh...

If we can just have as little strife as possible, with everyone pulling some of the weight, and is considerate of their fellows...Then I'm good.

You should see me outdpsing and reaping kill counts from peeps with Banshee. Without using Soundquake or Resonating Quake. 

I usually find people that complain the most are the ones that are putting the least effort into the mission. Meaning they have the time to idly stand around, type with a controller or a keyboard, and let their abilities do the job for them like it’s an MMORPG. Whereas you have peeps like me that go through the crowd with reckless abandon, parkour, and cutting enemies down with their melee weapon.

Everyone plays the game differently, but every time I hear or read someone complaining in squad chat about dps or kill counts, I always hop in and speak calmly (identifying myself first): “What’s up? How are you playing the game?”

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

I go somewhere else so that i can participate in the mission too, don't really give a damn about getting garbage or going higher than 15 min max. It's your own fault for boring me.

Yikes, its rare to see someone be so wrong and proud.
I mean 15 minutes, that's Rotation B, so you're not even accessing the full reward pool. Which is basically as intelligent as leaving SO on odd levels.
As for the rest... I mean, "not there to get garbage", i mean what does that even mean...
If you leave at 15, you're CLEARLY not there for the challenge, and you mean to say you're not there for loot, what are you doing in a survival exactly? Being the "difficulty gauge" for other players on the squad?
If you're there for loot, then you should be close to other players, because, that's how you maximize your loot, especially if someone has a Khora or a Nekros.

Finally, If you're bored, maybe you're just doing everything wrong? I mean if you need to make the mission worse for everyone else to feel like you're participating. Maybe you need to up your game so you can stop leeching? Because, going alone, won't make you "participate" more, just makes the mission less enjoyable for everyone else.

So maybe, instead of blaming others for your inadequacy, learn to play, and improve yourself.

Archived