Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are now starting becoming toxic over Protea

TheNeonGod

I was in hydron mission, I was throw fan grenades to kill the mobs quickly  and protect the objective. Then some Khora guy starting throw a fit over Protea even a Vauban guy was too. Did only 5 waves and found out i did the most damage and the most kills. I also tested Protea out in Elite sanctuary Onslaught and she performed very well, but I know  Protea doesn't perform better than Saryn or Mirage but rivals them. Like how people get mad over a defense mission without a Frost or Limbo in the squad, they're making excuses and left the squad hoping they screw them. But protea seems to struggle in steel path unfortunately but if I underestimated her, let me know.

while spamming turrets with 20x damage multipliers and millions of grenades with infinite energy from her 4th is incredibly fun i dont think she can rival a properly built Saryn.

half of the saryns in pubs is not good tho

Actually i dont like vaubans and khoras in def missions depending on the tileset. Vauban's Vortex, Khora's Strangledome ragdolls enemies in weird places so after the wave is almost finished you have to run around and search for squished enemies in weird places due to wonky ragdoll. Annoying. Protea doesnt have these problems with her autoaim cannons and slash grenades. I see no real reason for people to be annoyed about her. (unless you CC enemies with your grenades at their spawn making it slower for everyone else)

But....

Ignore these people, stats speak for themselves.

Just wait until you try some pug survival (for relics or kuva maybe) and see how players get away from you to stop you from "kill stealing" with either Nova, Octavia, Khora, Hydroid, etc., which in turn splits the spawns so thin the life support begins to go under 50% in less than 10 minutes.

Honestly a whinny Khora or Vauban can be more detrimental and annoying than Protea, although tougher enemies that get CCed instead of killed are an annoyance, but not to the extent Vauby and Kitty can be.

So just ignore those two bricks, they're probably  the same people who legitimately complained on the forum about weapon self-damage and then cried that now they are getting staggered instead, or how the game is too dark so when brightness is increased they say it's like staring at the sun.

il y a 38 minutes, Savire510 a dit :

Actually i dont like vaubans and khoras in def missions depending on the tileset. Vauban's Vortex, Khora's Strangledome ragdolls enemies in weird places so after the wave is almost finished you have to run around and search for squished enemies in weird places due to wonky ragdoll.

As a vauban user, this annoys me also.

I have learned to take around ~260% range and place it directly above the tileset in Hydron. This makes it so that no enemy is ragdolled into the geometry and therefore enemies no longer get stuck. They are pulled in exactly when they are out in the open. Helps both the team and me too.

Unfortunately, most players are not keen on doing anything strategically, or anything else that needs proactive thinking. 😕 

Regarding the screenshot: say "thanks" to the Saryn since she made your damage scale by removing armor with her spores. Same happens with Volt or Mirage as soon as a Saryn is in the squad to remove armor from the enemies and their damage skyrockets to Saryn's level - that's why a Volt/Mirage outdamages multiple Saryn's pretty easily since they block each other's dps increase/spore spots but still collectively remove armor at the same or better rate OR this week's rotation has mostly Corpus and Infested.

Source: I usually play Mirage or Volt in ESO because they scale with your squad's performance instead of playing hard carry Saryn for afk leechers. It's easily noticed in the own numbers if a Saryn is in the squad.

Regarding the rest: Kindergarden. Can people stop calling every little nuisance "toxic"? You have internet. Google the word to learn what it actually means.

Like stated in the topic generally if the Saryn is first at dmg it is on you and you other 2 mates. Saryn's dot fully ramped is far from one shotting and eso is all about doing as much kills as possible asap. It is ok anyway, in ESO I always bring saryn because she will be fine and worst case scenario do 3K+ kills easily in any rotation if everybody leaves early or bring some primes, I don't expect random players doing anything relevant, if they do it is great and if not it's absolutely fine.

About Protea in Hydron, I don't even run Hydron, I never got why people went there for mastery too. If you got there for mastery and don't plan leveling up a frame, I recommend taking speed nova instead, people will like you instead 🙂

Please don't make this about a Warframe when these people are 'special' for whining about most damage...

ON HYDRON

AS NON DPS- FRAMES

Just let that sink in.

And 36% dmg with only 100 kills more than the second guy... Lol we all know they are pathetic for complaining but this is not worth making a thread with this title 

il y a 36 minutes, chaotea a dit :

As a long time limbo player, i find the people most often whining over this sort of thing are people who have never used the frame, or dont understand it.

I don't know about you, but I have to say 98% of Limbo players are annoying, and even more since Contagion don't ignore the Rift anymore.

Il y a 2 heures, TheNeonGod a dit :

Then explain this.

Screenshot_269.png

A picture of damage/kills done isn't enough to show x warframe perform better than y or z.
What you get here actually depend on the mission, each player loadout, how its modded, their personnal skills and way of playing, etc...

3 hours ago, TheNeonGod said:

But protea seems to struggle in steel path unfortunately but if I underestimated her, let me know.

You've underestimated her in SP.  Mines been fine up to ceres (inc Lua) so far.

seems more like a "them" problem". they just don't like being out DPS'd. remember the golden rule when it comes to skill difference and doing better/worse than others:

"If you're worse than me, you're a scrub and you need to git gud. if you're better than me, you're a sad no-lifer. if you perform on exactly the same level as me, you're trying to mimic me and that makes you a scrub, because logic."

^this is how some gamers think. isn't humanity wonderful?

People can be toxic for the silliest reasons. If you are enjoying a frame keep on doing whatever it is that your are enjoying and just ignore the people who don't like it. Its a PUG in hydron by the sound of it and someone's tiny ego just got stepped on. Lot of people are there hoping for someone else to come in and kill everything for them to leech exp off anyway.

I can only think of two legitimate reasons for squad mates to be upset with you spamming grenades. One, your energy colors. If you've picked bright colors the grenades can be incredibly annoying. They also kill the frame rate. Two, your grenades are slowing down the mission. If you are spreading out your grenades away from the objective and they are slow to kill, many players won't be thrilled.

Archived