41 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

then when DE try to create patch notes and run into self chensoreship

Why would they? DE knows how to behave. Or to word it differently: the player base has to obey the rules, because they  can't be trusted.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

wanted to name medjay as akuma since it kind of look demonic, but aperrently it's profanity...... DE please stop trying to care about those 2-3 people that would find it offensive and have a proper filter insted?

Maybe because akuma can also mean Satan/the Devil? Though I'm no expert on Japanese. As for the filters, I must say they really do catch all the naughty words magnificently. I'll put one such example on spoilers bellow.

Spoiler

EuHCPJM.png

cRe7fmv.png

Dafcz1i.jpg

I couldn't name a kubrow muffin. However, i have cookie pets amps and kdrives and kit weapons... and cookie is also a slang term. I didnt mean it as such.. i get called cookie instead of pookie by a few players. 

And ive heard them say s word and f word not to mention the lewd jokes. 

Im all for chat filter. Some forms of idiocy id rather they keep out of the game. However, some filter triggers are silly. 

Meanwhile i see all kinds of effd up clan names. 

On 2020-09-08 at 5:53 PM, BloodKitten said:

wanted to name medjay as akuma since it kind of look demonic, but aperrently it's profanity...... DE please stop trying to care about those 2-3 people that would find it offensive and have a proper filter insted?

Isn't it easier just to find a different word yourself? There's lots of options we can't use, why not just do what we all do?

22 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I named my  smeeta kavat, "smeeta kavat".

I named my railjack, "railjack".

And i named all my kitguns after their parts such as, "tomb-splat-hay".

Naming system seems fine to me. 🙃🤷‍♂️🙃

what did you named your balla strike zaw? since balla is profanity....

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

YYdsyX3.gif

But since I was summoned, I'll provide a response to the Fossil comment.  

PrehFishSmallColor_30.jpg

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

But since I was summoned, I'll provide a response to the Fossil comment.  

sUShA3h.gif

@Kaotyke< How are you bub?

-------------------------------------

\

\

\

\

\

\            @DatDarkOne< Oh, you know: just chillin'.

\-----------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

237761692037212.png?type=webp&to=min&r=6

Profanity filters are only as clever as those who program them.

I have a Rattleguts Kitgun called "Nailer I Hardly Know Her". I was going to use a similar name on my Kripath rapier.... but decided against it as it seemed too crude even for me.  

23 hours ago, Anandil2 said:

DE is a little weird with words that aren't english, i wanted to call my predasite the word black but in spanish... like my black dog in real life is called (i don't have any imagination), but it's a swear in english so f me

That's because of US racial history, I'm afraid. In America,  that word can be a mild racial slur.    English:  Stealing and ruining your words since 1550.

The core problem with the name filter (Which isn't the same as the chat filter) is that it doesn't respect word boundaries.   If a banned string appears anywhere in the name,  the whole name is banned,  even if the actual name is completely innocuous.    Any most cases,  such filtering is done because of laziness or ineptitude,  but in this case I suspect it was a deliberate decision prevent bypassing the filter with offsetting characters.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Star Wars also got censored here, Count Doku was changed to Count Dukan. Reason: "do" means "of" "ku" is what I said above. So what would Count Doku be the count of here, exactly? :p

Yep, nope, I'm calling him Count OfButt now. 

18 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Star Wars also got censored here, Count Doku was changed to Count Dukan. Reason: "do" means "of" "ku" is what I said above. So what would Count Doku be the count of here, exactly? :p

Count Sudoku's days are numbered.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk