Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's with the godawful timegates for constructing a railjack

Surbusken

The really painful, and pointless struggle of fitting a room in the dojo that clips down 2 floors, and of course doesn't explain that to you, and the initial timegate on the blueprint and the timegate on the room itself, aside.

... what is up with adding 6 timegates of 5 hours each? lol.

Of all the meaningless, appalling grinds in warframe this is a joke right? I am just really curious as to whose idea this was and what they were thinking, what was the goal there?

I mean either I will like the gameplay or I won't, what's the point of wasting people's time? They must have had a reason, thinking they adding an inflated sense of appreciation for the content?

It's coming to a point your sense of accomplishment in warframe is how much bs you could cope with, without throwing your pc out the window.

Two reasons:

1: Building the Railjack was its own mini-update to (rising) tide us over until the actual release. So, yes, it's padding.

2: Given the complexity and much higher power level of Railjack content, it's most likely maintained to get newer players to still progress through content whilst building a Railjack. Why they didn't put it later? No idea, since turning on the Railjack needs at least Chains of Harrow to understand.

I think I expected new content can be played? Am I crazy?

Warframe has timegates sure, it has insane levels of pointless time wasting, sure, but I ain't never seen a game mode come out and be locked behind 8x timesgates?

I don't remember any timegates on cetus, eso, lich, disruption, you name it.

And I am not even asking rhetorically either. I legitimately want to hear the thought process on this one. Someone sat down, said here are our options and concluded this idea was great.

What was the goal, what's the logic, I mean you kind feel like saying what's the meaning of this lol

6 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

"I mean either I will like the gameplay or I won't, what's the point of wasting people's time? "

You either wait or you dont .... whats the point of wasting your time crying here like a spoiled child  ?

I like I bring up points that argue a case. Performing a discussion, on a discussion board, created for discussion.

Whereas I dont know what it is you are doing.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

... what is up with adding 6 timegates of 5 hours each? lol.

Unfortunately, this used to be 3 days, I believe, between each part back when Railjack first launched. They reduced the material costs and build time awhile back.

DE has a thing about liking to have build times on stuff.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Warframe has timegates sure, it has insane levels of pointless time wasting, sure, but I ain't never seen a game mode come out and be locked behind 8x timesgates?

Nothing regarding railjack is locked behind any kind of timegate. You can join other people's railjacks and you really should, to get some avionics and mk3 gear or else you'll be flying around an oversized rubber duck or wasting resources on trash gear.

5 minutes ago, Irhyo said:

Nothing regarding railjack is locked behind any kind of timegate. You can join other people's railjacks and you really should, to get some avionics and mk3 gear or else you'll be flying around an oversized rubber duck or wasting resources on trash gear.

I feel like you aren't being entirely honest here.

Flying your own ship is timegated, so "nothing" is a bit of a stretch.

I am just curious as to why, even if people's reply is you timegate to artificially prolong gameplay, like I said, from my perspective people will play it if they enjoy it.

Adding 8 times of what, 40 hours in real-time just adds frustration and resentment on my part and ruins what could have been enjoyment in building my ship, looking forward to it.

Are we just wasting people's time out here to make the game seem longer than it is? Seems a little unambitious

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The dry dock was added BEFORE the mainline update that added Railjack missions. So to occupy us we were timegated to build it before the update hit. Not that hard to compute really and a simple search would've given you this answer.

OK, but why, when they adjusted the build costs and refunded the difference to those that had already completed Rising Tide, did they reduce the build time to 5 hours from 24?  I honestly had no idea they had done this - just assumed it was still 24 hours per section.  I mean, the time reduction is roughly proportional to the resource reduction, but one has nothing to do with the other.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

OK, but why, when they adjusted the build costs and refunded the difference to those that had already completed Rising Tide, did they reduce the build time to 5 hours from 24?  I honestly had no idea they had done this - just assumed it was still 24 hours per section.  I mean, the time reduction is roughly proportional to the resource reduction, but one has nothing to do with the other.

Because too many people complained about the 24 build time per part and naturally because DE wanted players to play the content, they caved having already caved about the resource cost because too many casual players couldn't afford it.

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I don't remember any timegates on cetus, eso, lich, disruption, you name it.

And I am not even asking rhetorically either. I legitimately want to hear the thought process on this one. Someone sat down, said here are our options and concluded this idea was great.

What was the goal, what's the logic, I mean you kind feel like saying what's the meaning of this lol

Cetus has standing limits, which is a time gate. ESO is a mission....not a craftable item.....Disruption is a mission...not a craftable item.....Lichs do have their own mechanics that prevent you from completing them instantly....although you're still allowed to buy a Lich weapon if you so desire. 

I'm not sure if this is the very first online video game you've played, ever.....but these games are meant to be played for more than 2 weeks. They are long term forms of entertainment. A example of a quick game that can easily be consumed is Smash Bros, or a single player AAA game like Spiderman. 

4 hours ago, Surbusken said:

what is up with adding 6 timegates of 5 hours each? lol.

the timegates aren't great, but they also aren't really that bad if you find other ways to occupy yourself. while your ship is building you should join some railjack crews on earth (you don't need a ship to join them, only to host) and learn the ropes: how to repair, forge and learn the layout of the ship, and get some practice with the guns. maybe if you're lucky, the owner will even let you pilot, so you can test drive the ship before yours is built. you'll also have time to trade for Avionics if you've got spare plat and want to avoid some of the harder farms.

if anything, this time is a gift, if you use it wisely to get prepared for your first venture into railjack.

3 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

Unfortunately, this used to be 3 days, I believe, between each part back when Railjack first launched. They reduced the material costs and build time awhile back.

DE has a thing about liking to have build times on stuff.

No. It was 12 hours for each part.

It was worse before, DE was designing the content for the "right now" rather than any form of future proofing it initially, which likely had a good chunk of an effect on people actually playing the mode since most people took 1 look at the resource (and credit) costs and went "yeah, no", especially after the initial reception of Railjack turned out poorly.

That's not even discussing the issues with how bad Loot was on average, with MK1 parts of every kind often being worse than a crafted Sigma version in every way (Even MK3 parts had this issue), along with obnoxious Titanium cost-to-drop ratios or how the Railjack was hopelessly frail even on the first node and the best way to play the mode was to park the Railjack 2000+m away and use Amesha.

Railjack needed much more time in the oven, however they have at least fixed it to some degree, though Archwing still sucks bricks unless your name is Amesha due to Archwings being made of paper for some reason. Despite the disdain it gets I actually do want to see it updated further and hope it one day reaches the initial vision of connecting all of Warframe together.

I was fine with the 6 hours and cost for each part, I just would have liked to know how many parts there were.

Coming back after the third part, expecting this to be one of those universal gaming rules of three (why is that, anyway), only to be sent out to get more parts. That was a bit lame.

Other than that, Railjack is pretty okay! I just wish it was more convenient to configure (outside the dojo!) and to set up a mission. Loading into the dojo first to start a mission is cumbersome, why can't I start (i.e. host) a mission directly from the navigation chart? I feel like this is why it is such a ghost town, at least on Switch.

Archived