Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it me or the finale of glass maker unfair

(PSN)adachi_2

Ok so in quiz where u only have 60 sec for me it asks evidence that I didn't even find and the boss fight the glass throwing mechanic is good but nihil is able to god damn teleport so ur 1 shot away from victory and u get the final shard so aim and fire but then he teleports destroying the final tile failing the mission 

3 minutes ago, Prexades said:

It is a bit annoying because if you fail you have to spend Cephalite again and repeat the damn puzzle you already finished before the boss shows up again.

I didn't have to spend points again to start the fight. When I lost the first time I just went back into Ep 5 and had a special pillar there that allowed me to trigger the fight directly without having to pay again

I dislike the fact that the fight is very unforgiving given the marketing for Nightwave and how required it is in the game. However, the fight itself was interesting because it is parkour based (dodging attacks and throwing the glass shard).

all, if not most of the evidence is on the floor, definitely not above waist-height so if you keep your head down as you wander you'll find it eventually. once you have all the evidence you can do the fight whenever you want as long as you have 5 Resonance. 

for the fight, I found it's best to keep your distance from Nihil as that forces him to fire the glass projectiles you need and he can't use his sword to attack you or destroy the platforms as much: only close in on him when you have a glass "bomb" and there's a platform close to Nihil. if one or both of these aren't available, stay back until you have both the bomb and a good platform. once I figured that out, the fight became easy, was more concerned about running out of floor and falling than of Nihil and his attacks.

I thought the detection mini-game for this round was slightly unfair; You don't really know what you're looking for on each object until you're doing it at least once. Next time you pay better attention and get it no problem. 

The actual boss fight is slightly easier than a Mario 64 boss. I thought it was fine. 

1 minute ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Unfair.   more like #*!%ing impossible

the fight against Nihil.   nothing makes sense..  everything stops spawning after you throw the first glass..   anyone who claims to have completed it must have used an exploit

it bugged out on me the first time the 2nd time I died due to putting my back to him 3rd time I just made sure o always make sure I was near the front of the platforms so he would hit them with the glass he throws. I will say I feel sorry anyone who has to go in there with no arcanes

The fight isn't very complicated and the moves are telegraphed. He has three moves.

One is a swipe that one shots you. Double jump over it

Second is an overhand attack that destroys the tile you're on. Jump out of the way

Third is a glass shard he spits at you. Double jump over it.

You pick up the shard and go and destroy the glass floaty thingies at the edge of the platforms. Destroy all of them and you can hurt him. You don't need to alter your strategy at all. This will work easily and you will not die. Like at all. 

1 hour ago, Akko_Cavendish said:

But isn't walking slowly in a big room to find some pieces cluelessly based on pure luck fun? Surely it's fun like Kuva liches that's why DE added it into the game. 

Are you talking about the key that has a helmet on? Because there is a subtle difference in the helmet design. It threw me off at first.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

. However, the fight itself was interesting because it is parkour based

Jumping from floating platform to floating platform is not parkour based, it's more Jet Set Willy based.

Mind you, as he throws things at you that you have to jump to avoid maybe it's more Donkey Kong based?

Using the movement options to get around a maze or building, fine. Jumpity jump on floaty platforms, not fine at all.

Archived