Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Test Weekend #3: Update Notes (Deimos: Arcana Preview).

[DE]Rebecca

YOU SEE THIS? YOU SEE THIS? 

if i hear just one more player complaining that DE doesnt listen to our feedback and that they dont care imma get realy mad, you can clearly see that they care and hotfix/change updates even 5x per day if needed..... i dont understand why so mayn people were toxic on test cluster.... it was test cluster... next time dont talk bad about DE then start licking them when they give u list of changes.... just stay calm next time TY!

GOOD WORK DE!

<3

i did participated on the test , but had no access to the feedback area.

hope you fixed the predasite augment or many pc will burn .
explain what the 3 of bone willow does.
change vulpuphyla augment to be a fixed value+ % , on frames li8ke hildryn it is laughable .
Poop sniper ...

22 minutes ago, Caramello said:

Drop the bamboozle act with steel essence cool? You know very well people are doing legitimate farm for SE now in Odin since you "nerfed" Ophelia, no "afk macro" situation going on there, is technically impossible by the nature of the mission itself, active play on interception is a requirement.

You could have done all the research and number crunching in the world, and i bet there was no intention to ever go above 3 per alert and 2 per acolyte. Its all about kuva nerfing, and we all know it.

The best part of it all, is that you say you want to disincentivize long play or afk´ing, but all you gonna do is make people do even longer runs to farm for acolyte spawns, or even afk while waiting for them to show up once they are done with their daily alerts (this is warframe after all, it will not sit right with people having to farm 7 days worth of alerts to get the operator suit or a frigging umbra forma, there will always be tryharding) the difference is, they gonna do the same old long runs, and get a fraction of steel essence, i wonder who will have to hear the complaints about it 🤣

Anyways, i have 130 days worth of alerts saved up, dont rly care about kuva myself but i guess i got any possible new cosmetics covered, have fun new steel path players ^^

Honestly I genuinely hate when they pretend that we're stupid with this kind of mediocre excuse. 

27 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Why not leave the eximus alone

It left kuva farming in a state of "if you're not running 2+hr missions, you're doing it wrong" which completely killed my interest in it. I doubt I'm the only one. I'm holding out hope they bring Steel Path to siphons and floods at an acceptable late game kuva/hr yield.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Arcanes: Theorem and Residual 

The Theorem and Residual Arcanes were the most contested items on the Test Cluster over the weekend (well, second most next to Bonewidow but it was close)! We have made a concerted effort to reset how they work in context (mainly where the AoE spawns) and rebalance. The next steps for us are receiving feedback on the newer flow and newer stats for these upon release!

Notable changes include:

• Residual Arcanes will now leave their AoE at the position of the enemy at the time of death. You will see a ring on the ground (with upgraded FX) that you can enter to begin your Residual/Theorem buffing process. This means you will not need to search for corpses that may have been blown off in the distance -- instead, you should have an easier and faster means of finding these AOE rings.
  • Significantly increased the active Duration of your stacks after leaving the AoE (from 5 to 20 seconds). 
  • Theorem Arcanes now go up to 5 Ranks with Stats to reflect this. 

THEOREM INFECTION 

Before: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 60m by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 20s upon leaving the zone. 

After: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 90m by 24%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 20s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM CONTAGION 

Before: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 5m dealing 100 damage and applying a Status Effect. Globes will persist for 8s upon leaving the zone. 

After: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 15m dealing 150 damage and increasing their vulnerability to the globe’s damage type by 200% for 6s.  Globes will persist for 30s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM DEMULCENT 

Before: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone.

After: Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 12%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 20s upon leaving the zone.

OTHER ARCANE CHANGES:

• Theorem Infection increased from +90% to +360% Companion damage at max rank and stacks
  • Residual Boils spawns cysts on the ground inside the trigger instead of on the enemy corpse.
  • Residual Shock now fires Lighting from a spike instead of the enemy corpse.

No changes on the residual stats? Is this a joke? Do you not realize the damage we can do with proper modding? Hell an unmodded braton is literally stronger than the shock residual.

This also doesnt fix the theorems doing literally nothing without the residuals. They dont deserve to be their own thing if they dont do anything on their own. This is the worst kind of synergy. You need to withdraw the theorems and remake them from the ground up.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Chroma:

• In addition to Chroma being able to select elements in mission real-time (the biggest change), Chroma’s selectable element HUD now uses colour coding in addition to icon coding. 
  • Increased Spectral Scream damage from 200 to 400 Damage Per Second at Max Rank. This, combined with 100% Status Chance and Chaining should lead to some more deadly or useful scenarios, especially since you can use all 4 elements now!

Again, do you not know the damage numbers chroma can get with a properly modded weapon? The only reason to ever swap elements is to get different elemental ward buffs but that wont work properly if elemental ward cant switch on the fly.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Nekros:

• Nekros’ Soul Punch now has a new mechanic: Marked for Harvest. Enemies that are hit by Soul Punch but don’t die have a Duration wherein they’ll be eligible to become a Shadow if killed while Marked! 
  • This is in addition to the 25% lethality change and Shadow healing.

This is still useless. If we get an enemy that low we can kill it anyway and the healing to shadows is also useless because from a cast time and energy economy healing all 7 clones is better to do with shadows of the dead.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

In our view, it’s better to reward broader diverse play than hyper reward idle strategies, and the stats confirm this to be the case. On paper the absolute Top 1% of missions will see less Steel Essence per hour (i.e the single strategy AFK-Macro-run), every other mission strategy will see more.

What missions does that include? Every single steel path mission, even the ones to clear the star chart? Missions where no one is set out to farm steel essence? That's a very manipulative use of statistics. Also nice of you to assume that everyone farming steel essence is breaking TOS with afk macros, shouldnt you ban them all then? 

Just be honest about wanting to nerf kuva gains and be done with it.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Bonewidow Changes
The Bonewidow was flagged as the item needing the most review, and we took a look at each Ability and made changes to its power, energy economy, and scalability. 

So the 1 and 3 of bonewidow are still going to be awful, the 2 is just a straight up worse version of voidrig's iron skin because it's directional. What is the point of this mech?

vor 49 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Exalted Ironbride 

• Increased the damage overall for Exalted Ironbride since its attack speed is slower by design. 
  • Less energy is now required to sustain Exalted Ironbride.
  • Slam attacks are better performing and more intuitive.

So what are the new stats? test cluster stats of this thing can only be described as flaming trash so you need some giant improvements on this. Arquebex does actual damage, why is this thing not allowed to be good?

vor 51 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Necramechs (Bonewidow and Voidrig) now have a built in vacuum!

Actual long range vacuum of garbage 4m vacuum? The latter one doesnt solve anything and still will require us to run over basically every single drop.

Out of all the stuff that would require rebuilding from the ground up you only withdraw the atlas changes. That's not enough and the balancing on some of the other things make me seriously question if anything came even close to having a thought about anything in this update.

• Increased Shared Affinity Range in Landscape missions to 250 meters from 50 to assist with all things levelling on Landscapes (when Necramechs in non-Landscape missions come, this will of course change the levelling dynamic). 

How does this interact with Fosfors?

5 minutes ago, UnbiasedOne said:

Thats fine, but why disguise the reason.  Just say we think SE gains are too high, so here come the nerf to it.  Dont blame a legitimate strategy as botting.

Getting quite tired of the lies. Just be honest about it. 

Even the "its just afk macros" got debunked on the very first page. 

4 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It left kuva farming in a state of "if you're not running 2+hr missions, you're doing it wrong" which completely killed my interest in it. I doubt I'm the only one. I'm holding out hope they bring Steel Path to siphons and floods at an acceptable late game kuva/hr yield.

Not only that but in one 2hr session you could get like 400k kuva on top of enough riven slivers to get rivens for months.

It made inconsequential the other forms of farming kuva.

Please stop justifying this nerf by calling people running Odin "single strategy AFK-Macro-run". We get it, you don't want people getting that much Kuva. Don't insult player's intelligence by once again claiming people are doing something that they really aren't. 

Don't deflect blame on the players. If AFK farming was really an issue, you would ban them and not do a COMPLETE REDESIGN of the reward structure.

46 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Melee attack damage on both Misery

Did you say, Misery? *happy Helios noises*

Acolytes should have a reduced Steel Path modifier (150% for all health types instead of 250%), just so that they aren't a complete slog to kill like the other Assassins.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Atlas:

Overall, we still intend to look more at Atlas’s Tectonics, but due to some AI complications and ‘gotchas’, we had to reset a timeline to revisit this with a future batch of abilities. For now, those who saw a slight utility boost in the AOE Damage / Stagger we added to Tectonics’ Bulwarks will benefit from what was observed on the Public Test Cluster.

Allow Atlas to punch (Landslide) the Bulwarks, shooting the pieces as shrapnel. Deals Slash damage and proc. He could also imbue a Petrified Bulwark to enhance his Landslide for a short time.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Zephyr:
The focus for this week was all about Airburst. Making the explosion valid for damage scaling changes the stakes when hitting groups with this ability which was a detail a few feedback posts requested or tried to make sense of. 

• Airburst now deals 35% Additional Damage per enemy hit either with the projectile OR the explosion damage.
  • Airbust now has a 50% chance of dealing a Physical status effect hit by this slice of air or it’s explosion radius, heavily skewing towards Slash. 

As one person in Smash Bros. would say:

Air Slash!

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonewidow Changes
The Bonewidow was flagged as the item needing the most review, and we took a look at each Ability and made changes to its power, energy economy, and scalability. 

Meathook

• Made the Meathook ability more responsive for targeting based on camera direction. 
  • Added a damage buff to melee attacks while holding an enemy on Meathook.
  • Meathook now only costs energy on successful hit. It no longer costs energy to throw an enemy that is already held. 

Shield Maiden

• Added ‘Ironskin’ style scaling to Shield Maiden, meaning all incoming damage right after the cast period scales the health of the Shield Maiden. 
  • Made the angle of Shield Maiden’s blocking angle more sensible for the front area of the Necramech.  
  • Blocking with both Ironbride and Shield Maiden will increase blocking angle. 

Firing Line

• Energy cost reduced from 75 to 50 

Exalted Ironbride 

• Increased the damage overall for Exalted Ironbride since its attack speed is slower by design. 
  • Meathook

Does it scale with enemy level? It's very similar to Grendel's Regurgitate.

• Shield Maiden

By any chance, can you showcase the shield bash of the ability? I haven't seen anyone use it.

• Firing Line

It should stagger/stun enemies if they get hit by the ability. The walls are the same blinding Lucent laser grid walls the Jackal uses, so it should be reasonable to stun them to prevent from quickly recovering from the ability since it has no other offensive merit at the moment.

• Ironbride (Kallim) 

The final animation swing of the Kallim is asking for a ground slam (think of one of Tempo Royale's combos). The Kallim should have not only stats, but appropriate mobility to contrast the stationary but powerful Arquebex. Finally, I can suggest allowing the Kallim to fire a sword beam.

Feedback is considered thankfully, but hopefully more will be considered from this thread too.

Finally some affinity range changes.

And please. Please please please please please please please please PLEASE!

Let Trinity and Harrow have this. I'll throw a hundred dollars into platinum this Christmas if that's what it takes. The affinity indicator is crucial for knowing who is and isn't in range for their ultimates, both of which are a core component of Eidolons especially. Give them that extra range, and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT leave them at default range while still having the 250 range indicator to completely throw everything off. That's all I ask.

Would love to see Steel Essence addressed by increasing the gains from alerts and acolytes, and increasing the costs in the store accordingly. This will make the "intended" method more valuable, while still allowing players the opportunity to hunt SE from eximus in longer endurance runs. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Kitgun + Weapon + Arcane Changes:

Arcanes: Theorem and Residual 

The Theorem and Residual Arcanes were the most contested items on the Test Cluster over the weekend (well, second most next to Bonewidow but it was close)! We have made a concerted effort to reset how they work in context (mainly where the AoE spawns) and rebalance. The next steps for us are receiving feedback on the newer flow and newer stats for these upon release!

Notable changes include:

• Residual Arcanes will now leave their AoE at the position of the enemy at the time of death. You will see a ring on the ground (with upgraded FX) that you can enter to begin your Residual/Theorem buffing process. This means you will not need to search for corpses that may have been blown off in the distance -- instead, you should have an easier and faster means of finding these AOE rings.
  • Significantly increased the active Duration of your stacks after leaving the AoE (from 5 to 20 seconds). 
  • Theorem Arcanes now go up to 5 Ranks with Stats to reflect this. 

[...]

OTHER ARCANE CHANGES:

• Theorem Infection increased from +90% to +360% Companion damage at max rank and stacks
  • Residual Boils spawns cysts on the ground inside the trigger instead of on the enemy corpse.
  • Residual Shock now fires Lighting from a spike instead of the enemy corpse.

All this and you didn't address the most basic issue with theorems. Their effects are still minor compared to other warframe arcanes, and even if they did stack up against an Arcane Energize or an Arcane Guardian, Avenger, etc... They still DEPEND ON A 20% CHANCE ON KILL from the Residuals. Which is crap.
Even on 100% chance of residuals working, these arcanes should have a basic function of their own. As to not depend on players using kitguns. Which they don't. They are still not going to see any usage. And, this will directly impact the new bounty replayability since they're one of the major draws for repeat returns.
The concept of synergizing arcanes is pretty awesome, you're just doing it incredibly poorly.
Both arcanes should have an independant basic function, which in turn is improved by the effect of the other. One way to do this would be to make them similar to amalgam mods. Create a Theorem Guardian that is a weaker version of Arcane Guardian, but that then gains the current effect of theorem contagion when you have a Residual working. Residuals themselves are kinda ok, need a bit of a boost on their effects, especially the % chance to act.

Warframe Abilities and Augment Changes: 

We focused on the most consistently critiqued Warframes for this week, with some explanations on what’s to come (outside of this week). Generally speaking, we felt Zephyr needed the most attention, and while people appreciated aspects of Atlas and Nekros, there was more work to be done on their kits as well.

Chroma:

• In addition to Chroma being able to select elements in mission real-time (the biggest change), Chroma’s selectable element HUD now uses colour coding in addition to icon coding. 
  • Increased Spectral Scream damage from 200 to 400 Damage Per Second at Max Rank. This, combined with 100% Status Chance and Chaining should lead to some more deadly or useful scenarios, especially since you can use all 4 elements now!

Are we keeping the energy color = initial element? Or are we unable to subsume Spectral Scream now?
What will be the new passive? Or will it be the same?

Nekros:

• Nekros’ Soul Punch now has a new mechanic: Marked for Harvest. Enemies that are hit by Soul Punch but don’t die have a Duration wherein they’ll be eligible to become a Shadow if killed while Marked! 
  • This is in addition to the 25% lethality change and Shadow healing.

Pretty awesome, much better than what i expected! Will killing a marked target heal shadows as well, or is that still reserved for the on-kill at 25% effect from soul punch?

Zephyr:

The focus for this week was all about Airburst. Making the explosion valid for damage scaling changes the stakes when hitting groups with this ability which was a detail a few feedback posts requested or tried to make sense of. 

• Airburst now deals 35% Additional Damage per enemy hit either with the projectile OR the explosion damage.
  • Airbust now has a 50% chance of dealing a Physical status effect hit by this slice of air or it’s explosion radius, heavily skewing towards Slash. 

Weird English there (i think you ate a word or two), but i guess that we have a 50% chance of getting a physical status proc on enemies hit with airburst, mostly slash...
I guess its a nice change...

Garuda Bleeding Talons Augment:

Generally speaking the action we felt necessary to take for launch surrounded Garuda’s Augment. All other augments performed as expected either in general or within their niches, there was consistent feedback about Garuda’s having a ‘feel’ issue. 

• We have trimmed the animation time if released early and increased the range up to 9 meters for this Augment! 

Pretty cool, this will really improve how Garuda will do when brawling in the thick of it.

Steel Path + Acolyte Changes 

In addition to written feedback and the poll results, we did a full statistical review of the amount of Steel Essence earned this weekend on both Test and Live, and we are moving forward with the values provided on the Test Cluster: 3 per Steel Essence Incursion Alert, and 2 per Acolyte (eligible for Resource Amount Boosting). 

We settled on these values because of what happens when they're broken down by different acquisition methods: people gain Steel Essence at better rates when playing normally (i.e no AFK Macro detected)! In practice, the actual dependency on RNG and Eximus spawning is gone. You will have a stable, matchmaking friendly way to reliably earn Steel Essence in shorter intervals across more content. 

In our view, it’s better to reward broader diverse play than hyper reward idle strategies, and the stats confirm this to be the case. On paper the absolute Top 1% of missions will see less Steel Essence per hour (i.e the single strategy AFK-Macro-run), every other mission strategy will see more.

• The Steel Path Acolytes now have received the same Status Effect eligibility treatment that Liches received in Update 27.3 earlier this year. This means we have slightly increased their health (scaled by squad size) as the Status Effect eligibility makes them easier to kill. 
  • Reduced the Melee attack damage on both Misery and Malice to avoid the more reported 1HKOs 
  • Created more regular spawn windows for Acolytes and fixed issues with them not spawning after 30 minute missions. They are guaranteed in each mission, and endlessly guaranteed in Endless missions! 

More health, less 1-hits, guaranteed spawn? Pretty much ticks all the feedback painpoints me and most people had!
Good work DE!
I still think that on Endless missions the Steel Essence drops from Acolytes should scale. Start at 1 for the first spawn or two, and get it growing maybe every 2-3 spawns increase the number by one, plateau them at 3-5 (which would mean 6-10 with boosts). This should balance things a bit for endurance players, which are the ones most aggravated by the change. Me? I think its almost perfect!

Bonewidow Necramech Changes:

General Necramech Changes

• Necramechs (Bonewidow and Voidrig) now have a built in vacuum!
  • Enemy Necramechs now have the ‘Lich’ treatment with vulnerability to Status Effects!
  • Increased Shared Affinity Range in Landscape missions to 250 meters from 50 to assist with all things levelling on Landscapes (when Necramechs in non-Landscape missions come, this will of course change the levelling dynamic). 

Pretty good changes, especially the vacuum...
When are the non-landscame missions coming?

Bonewidow Changes

Meathook

• Made the Meathook ability more responsive for targeting based on camera direction. 
  • Meathook now only costs energy on successful hit. It no longer costs energy to throw an enemy that is already held. 

Shield Maiden

• Added ‘Ironskin’ style scaling to Shield Maiden, meaning all incoming damage right after the cast period scales the health of the Shield Maiden. 
  • Made the angle of Shield Maiden’s blocking angle more sensible for the front area of the Necramech.  

Firing Line

Exalted Ironbride 

Not listed are the dozens and dozens of fixes included for launch on the more specific bugs and issues! A huge thanks goes out to the participants on the Public Test Cluster for giving us so much to work with. We spent the week with our heads down banging out as many meaningful changes that aligned with both the feedback received and our development goals. As is the way, things will still receive iteration and changes once our community-at-large is involved on PC and Consoles!

I'm not sure these will be enough...
"Meathook" will still be useless. I mean if we want to change to melee, we use the sword. Tossing enemies is useless when we have the mausolon or other archguns in the other hand. Still can't deny the changes address most of the pain points of the skill. The only one that wasn't addressed is whether the skill should even exist.

"Shield Maiden" Quick note, the names are kinda not great on these skills, but ok. Good changes overal. Will it still cost energy to de-activate? Because that was just dumb, and caused a lot of buggy behaviour?

"Firing Line" No range changes = no use for it until necramechs are allowed outside open-world areas.

"Exalted Ironbride" Seriously? What's with these names?? This is one that needs proper use to be able to say anything.

All in all, mostly you've addressed the feedback. Not sure if it was in the best way, especially where it concerns the three main issues of the beta (Kitguns, Arcanes and the Widow), these don't really seem sufficient to make those things appealing in contrast with the other available things on their slots. But, honestly, i hope i'm wrong.

16 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Hi Rebecca, you mentioned that you guys were going to improve necramech mod drop rates before, what happened to this? Is this still intended for the arcana patch?

A few were added to the rewards on the new bounties, and supposedly, yeah the drop rate has increased.

Kinda sad to see the arcane no longer covers the corpses in boils, thematically I really loved that but I can see why it was changed. I'm curious if they'll use the infested boil mesh like Pathocyst does for the ground boils now. In the test cluster is spawned helminth cysts all over their bodies. Which wouldn't look right growing on the floor.

I'm going to follow-up on my PTC feedback

Bubonico

- Increased accuracy of primary fire

- Increased speed of ammo regen delay from .9 to .5 secs

- Increased ammo regen rate from 6.75 to 16.875

- Increased status chance of alt fire from 53% to 57%

- Decreased primary fire rate from 4.16 to 3.83

Slightly odd changes, but alright. Certainly seems to be a more consistent, so that's nice.

Sporothrix

- Increased damage from 363 to 371

- Reduced embed time from 3 to .9 secs

- Increased flight speed from 190 to 270

Please make sure that the Blurring effect is also fixed up? That was quite distracting. Otherwise one of my most interested weapons looks more interesting.

The Steel Path Acolytes now have received the same Status Effect eligibility treatment that Liches received in Update 27.3 earlier this year. This means we have slightly increased their health (scaled by squad size) as the Status Effect eligibility makes them easier to kill. 

Thank you. Seemed especially odd given the status focus of the weapons in the update.

• Necramechs (Bonewidow and Voidrig) now have a built in vacuum!
  • Enemy Necramechs now have the ‘Lich’ treatment with vulnerability to Status Effects!
  • Increased Shared Affinity Range in Landscape missions to 250 meters from 50 to assist with all things levelling on Landscapes (when Necramechs in non-Landscape missions come, this will of course change the levelling dynamic). 

Looks good on all accounts!

Meathook

Thank you. Meathook is very much a 'for fun' power so I'm more likely to use it for that purpose with these changes.

Shield Maiden

I had no idea that this worked like Melee blocking, so perhaps include this in the ability description?

Firing Line

Time will tell if this will hit the spot.

Exalted Ironbride 

Hopefully the DPS buff comes out hard and perhaps involves the supplemental stats? I hate to say it, but most Arch-Melee would outperform it given the chance, the Arch-Melee mods are very below standards, and compared to the Arquebex, the sword has very sub-par stats.

Not listed are the dozens and dozens of fixes included for launch on the more specific bugs and issues! A huge thanks goes out to the participants on the Public Test Cluster for giving us so much to work with. We spent the week with our heads down banging out as many meaningful changes that aligned with both the feedback received and our development goals. As is the way, things will still receive iteration and changes once our community-at-large is involved on PC and Consoles!

I was glad to be a part of it! 

il y a 17 minutes, Pyus a dit :

Rip in pieces Steel Path, I only ever solo'd 2hr survival missions and had more fun doing that than most things in the game. But to spite the AFK farmers the system gets nuked.

Why not leave the eximus alone and open it to mission rewards and acolytes?  Best of both worlds so to speak?

because everything good in this game gets nerfed to the ground, we saw this with M4D.
I imagine the company meetings of DE: "guys, what should we do? we create some new good content or we nerf everything else to the ground? nerfing looks a good idea, lets do this"

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In addition to written feedback and the poll results, we did a full statistical review of the amount of Steel Essence earned this weekend on both Test and Live, and we are moving forward with the values provided on the Test Cluster: 3 per Steel Essence Incursion Alert, and 2 per Acolyte (eligible for Resource Amount Boosting). 

We settled on these values because of what happens when they're broken down by different acquisition methods: people gain Steel Essence at better rates when playing normally (i.e no AFK Macro detected)! In practice, the actual dependency on RNG and Eximus spawning is gone. You will have a stable, matchmaking friendly way to reliably earn Steel Essence in shorter intervals across more content. 

Currently, higher-level players with the right build can farm ~200+ Steel Essence in 1.5 hours vs. about 200 in a week, MAYBE with DE's new change, and that's with intentional and far more extensive play-time. Change is great for casual and new players who likely cannot or do not have time to farm SE, and I applaud that part of the change. For everyone else who farmed it, it is undoubtedly an extreme nerf. Simple as that. 

Edit: To address other's Reponses to my post. I'm not asserting if this is good or bad overall for the game. DE makes the rules its up to them. DE has stated the vast majority of players are between MR 8-15. Just pointing out the simple facts of what the change actually affects. Especially for players who do not currently understand how drastically different acquisition will be in the future.

Archived