Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A rather painful and anger inducing repetition of my experience with Deimos Arcana Bounties

bejuizb

I just finished a two hour "session" with clanmates where we finished one of each Isolation Vault, and one of each of the Arcana bounties that unlock after finishing the Vaults. We got our rewards, including a Sporothrix part, and we made our way to the exit. My game promptly crashed and I lost all rewards. 

While I understand that this is how the cookie crumbles (I am still really bitter and angry since this is the second time this has happened), it really puts to light the importance of proper checkpoints in endurance runs like this. Why must players have to commit to such a long duration task while also being expected to have perfectly stable connections (not possible with P2P)? 

I would like to offer one suggestion to try and remedy this. Have a special "checkmark" on a player's account. If said player has finished one set of three Isolation Vaults on a day, unlock access to the Arcana Bounties directly from Mother at Necralisk for the rest of the day. Allow players to matchmake from the Necralisk specifically for the Arcana Bounties they want. 

This will divorce the Bounties from endurance runs, which also reduces the risk of losing quite literally six bounties worth of rewards over a fickle connection. It would also make finding groups easier since you wouldn't have to convince them to stick around for potentially 90 odd minutes and risk losing everything over connectivity problems. 

I have avoided iso vaults for this exact reason. I have no idea why DE designed then the way they did, but I want no part of it. 

Another similar problem I have encountered running normal bounties is the host reaches extract first and immediately leaves squad so they don't have to wait 1 min at extract. Sometimes you load into the open world and sometimes you get session not found and you end up with no rewards. 

10 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A little trick: mine a rock or catch a fish just before you leave any of the open-world areas. It forces the game to save your progress, and most of the time includes bounty rewards. It doesn't always prevent loss due to game crashes, but it typically does.

alex-grey.jpg

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

A little trick: mine a rock or catch a fish just before you leave any of the open-world areas. It forces the game to save your progress, and most of the time includes bounty rewards. It doesn't always prevent loss due to game crashes, but it typically does.

How does this save your progress? Isn´t the mineral, gem or fish just a random resource just like everyting else? A little explanation or maybe even a line from DE would be greatly appreciated!

4 hours ago, bejuizb said:

I would like to offer one suggestion to try and remedy this. Have a special "checkmark" on a player's account. If said player has finished one set of three Isolation Vaults on a day, unlock access to the Arcana Bounties directly from Mother at Necralisk for the rest of the day. Allow players to matchmake from the Necralisk specifically for the Arcana Bounties they want. 

Hey, what about just removing arbitrary limitations from the game at all ?

I have experienced nothing but problems while attempting to do the new vault content. The length of the missions you need to do only increases the risks of something going wrong.

As it stands, I think I will leave that stuff for later, it's bound to get better in a few weeks from now (or so I hope).

It's nice to have some long form content in the game. But I feel the new mode highlights the instability of the game. It reminds me of Raids, and the inevitable retirement that followed a more complex game mode that could not be stabilized. 

At least this isn't so niche as Raids, so there's enough engagement to keep it supported. Still running 90 to 120 minute mission chains inevitably unlocks all of the suppressed problems with Deimos.

Over the past day I fell through the map, something that hasn't happened to me in a while, and also frame stick in a direction with no access to abilities, I could only turn the frame while aiming. Playing with my gear to escape the sticking resulted in that drop through when I tried the Kdrive. I don't know why there isn't some sort of sub floor that recovers drop throughs, or I should say, I don't know why it isn't recovering instead of dropping you where you feel through to begin with.

Most of these problems seem to be caused by switching vehicles, or user modes. Anyway, I can only speculate, it just seems ridiculous to me that we are switching to new vehicles instead of converting the present unit into a new mode. It's irritating even normally when your operator drops back to a previous location or you Archwing lags into a jump rather than being fixed to your units current position. 

9 hours ago, vanaukas said:

alex-grey.jpg

ah, you're a Tool fan as well?

I really don't know why they don't just separate the bounties: what's the harm in people only running the new ones? if that IS a problem, then just have one set of Iso-Vaults and put the new weapon part rewards in those. drop chances might be garbage but at least you'd have a slim chance of getting a weapon part in a single vault or Tri-Vault. ANYTHING is better than this current system..

13 часов назад, bejuizb сказал:

it really puts to light the importance of proper checkpoints in endurance runs like this.

IMHO, it puts the light on how endurance runs shouldn't be mandatory thing period. The vault bounty structure pre-arcana was bad already. Legit garbage now.

Oh boy. Yesterday I tried out just how #*!%ed up the bounties are.

Well out of 20 matches 15 ended up in a host migration. Of course I got a 7 day affinity booster so I went ahead and put a forma on my Voidrig. Well most matches I lost my extra affinity. But at least I still was leveling up.

Anyways on the last run we tried to extract but one of our teammates git stuck in his mech and so we had to wait a minute. Didn't work. He had to destroy his mech. And after that. Guess what? I fell through the floor. XD And I was just falling forever because the game could not respawn me. Even the unstuck command didn't work.

But I was able to fly up with AW after some time.

Also once my warframe lost the ability to use melee and abilities and anything from the gearwheel. So I had to kill myself.

It was... Incredible. 

21 hours ago, IamLoco said:

How does this save your progress? Isn´t the mineral, gem or fish just a random resource just like everyting else? A little explanation or maybe even a line from DE would be greatly appreciated!

I don't entirely know how, all I know is that catching a fish or mining a rock (or catching an animal, but that's more hassle) triggers an account save. It's been that way since Plains, and it works in both Plains and OV, so I would assume that, since Deimos uses the same code, that it would work there too. I don't know, since I haven't had an occasion that tested it on Deimos, but I still try to catch a fish or mine a rock before leaving, just in case.

On 2020-11-22 at 7:07 PM, Berzerkules said:

I have avoided iso vaults for this exact reason. I have no idea why DE designed then the way they did, but I want no part of it. 

Another similar problem I have encountered running normal bounties is the host reaches extract first and immediately leaves squad so they don't have to wait 1 min at extract. Sometimes you load into the open world and sometimes you get session not found and you end up with no rewards. 

Yeah my pc and internet are just not stable enough for all this and it has basically soft locked me out of the new vault content.

To get to the 2nd and 3rd vault, I already have to go through the first, just to get the basic matrices I need to rank up... but I keep having host migration, crashes, etc. 

And that was before they added the new "sideways" vaults that require you to run some other vaults before you do them, every, single, time. 

With how many times I have crashed or had internet issues not always my own trying to work my way through the vault stuff with mixed results, and the new content essentially requiring you go even longer with no computer crashing hiccups, or host migration destructions... needless to say it broke me, and I have 100% given up on the new necramech content until huge changes are made, if ever. 

7 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

WF definitely isn't the game to put 2 hours long sessions into. 

Depends on the outcome of the session(rewards).
I will have no problem at all with a 1-2 hour session if the reward for it is worth it.

On 2020-11-23 at 3:16 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

ah, you're a Tool fan as well?

Moving me with a sound
Opening me within a gesture
Drawing me down and in
Showing me where it all began, Eleven

Archived