Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would many players play pacifistic or non-violent content in WF?

quxier

The Warframe is mostly about killing stuffs but how about non-violent content? Would people enjoy them given certain rewards or when they are just good to do?

• I've seen one topic about expanding fishing-side of the WF. When not attacked by an enemy I used to fish for hour or more. I was relaxing experience.
  • Weekly ayatan's challenges test your movement/parkour. It doesn't require you to kill anyone (it's still possible). However there are only 2 of them and you can do it once a week.
  • Obstacle course - like above without rewards; DIY
  • Exploration - certain tilesets have some hidden rooms or places. Some of those rooms or places require you to use some of movement/parkour.
  • Spies - it's puzzle with many solutions. I especially liked Lua's spies because it added "another dimension" to the puzzles.
  • K-drive - like Tony Hawk pro skater... yeah, not very good but it's there.

And probably more.

Would people enjoy such content when:
- you cannot kill anyone and none can kill you
- they were treated like nodes with one or many "things"; or like Sanctuary onslaught; just so you don't have to go to go look for particular node each time
- they were improved (Examples: Fishing -> more fishes, no grind just knowledge of what to use and where; Ayatan's challenges -> more versions, challenges can change (e.g. one platform can be higher or lower); Exploration - no more death end without anything; spies - more spies...; k-drive -> improves tricks, more challenges (e.g. grind certain house), more skate-friendly places)
- they give some rewards (e.g. forma or forma blueprints, argons) that is needed.
- we can do it at least once per day (especially obstacle courses or ayatan's challenges)

Of course some of them would require massive amount of work (e.g. K-drive) while others like exploration/obstacle course/ayatan's challenges may be done without "huge" problem.

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

The Warframe is mostly about killing stuffs but how about non-violent content? Would people enjoy them given certain rewards or when they are just good to do?

• I've seen one topic about expanding fishing-side of the WF. When not attacked by an enemy I used to fish for hour or more. I was relaxing experience.
  • Weekly ayatan's challenges test your movement/parkour. It doesn't require you to kill anyone (it's still possible). However there are only 2 of them and you can do it once a week.
  • Obstacle course - like above without rewards; DIY
  • Exploration - certain tilesets have some hidden rooms or places. Some of those rooms or places require you to use some of movement/parkour.
  • Spies - it's puzzle with many solutions. I especially liked Lua's spies because it added "another dimension" to the puzzles.
  • K-drive - like Tony Hawk pro skater... yeah, not very good but it's there.

And probably more.

Would people enjoy such content when:
- you cannot kill anyone and none can kill you
- they were treated like nodes with one or many "things"; or like Sanctuary onslaught; just so you don't have to go to go look for particular node each time
- they were improved (Examples: Fishing -> more fishes, no grind just knowledge of what to use and where; Ayatan's challenges -> more versions, challenges can change (e.g. one platform can be higher or lower); Exploration - no more death end without anything; spies - more spies...; k-drive -> improves tricks, more challenges (e.g. grind certain house), more skate-friendly places)
- they give some rewards (e.g. forma or forma blueprints, argons) that is needed.
- we can do it at least once per day (especially obstacle courses or ayatan's challenges)

Of course some of them would require massive amount of work (e.g. K-drive) while others like exploration/obstacle course/ayatan's challenges may be done without "huge" problem.

Basically turn a game that is primarily about committing genocide on everyone who refuses to agree with us and be peaceful, into Minecraft on peaceful mode?

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Basically turn a game that is primarily about committing genocide on everyone who refuses to agree with us and be peaceful, into Minecraft on peaceful mode?

Minecraft? A little yes (not counting Tony Hawk). I think the Fortnite would be better example (I haven't played it and without killing).
And not "turn into" but either alternatives to violent gameplay or just change some content that doesn't need enemies (e.g. fishing).

48 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Do people enjoy Lunaro?

Yes. But no one plays it. 

It is conclave. Requires players for it to be played. No players means people cant play it. Means people cant decide if they like or dislike it because the option to play it really doesnt exist.

Lunaro is definitely fun. Could it use updates including better controls? Absolutely. But it likely will remain dead because the conclave community is pretty much dead. DE invests resources into the stuff that causes warframe to make money.

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

If its actually fun content. I dont consider fishing/mining/conservation fun and neither does half the playerbase. 

But K-Drive races and parkour challenges can be fun or at least more interesting than these mini games, if done right. 

This although i don't consider the current version of races or grinding on kdrives great but if they focused on it then sure.

Mind you what drew me to Warframe was the genocidal killing and Warframes themselves. But recent times i have found Railjack super fun with clannies just again needs alot of work.

that would be me.

most players casually talks about this "fashionframe" as endgame, about how they change the colors of their warframe, but that's it.

not me, sir. i take my customization seriously. head to toe, archwing to pets, i have multiple k-drives just so i can customize them colors. i decorate my orbiter, built a railjack just so i can make it my own. most people play orphix venom so they can get arcanes and kill more things, i do it to get a shiny helmet.

so yeah, i'm down for those ideas.

5 hours ago, ConsumerJTC said:

Does fishing count as non violent content... if we disregard the fish?

Well... to be honest we are killing it. However I meant "higher level" violence. Compared to picking frame & weapon that can kill enemies with different elements that's against Geneva convention, killing a fish is not very violent.

5 hours ago, Murox said:

How about a game of Komi? Think your moves, and the board senses.

DE missed a trick not making that a thing. could've had Komi boards in your dojo, instead of duelling players, you just try to outsmart them!

in terms of non-violent content, we already have: mining, Lunaro, Decorating, and fashionframe: none of these things feature violence, and none of them are things people want to spend hours doing, outside of maybe a small clique of decorators and fashionframe perfectionists.

in truth, I think the answer is no, or at least you'd be appealing to such a small minority of players, there wouldn't be much benefit compared to the costs of implementing the content. I myself enjoy warframe for what it is: a game where you kill hundreds and hundreds of enemies with insane weapons while playing as a colourful magical space ninja. 

There are things that they could add, but would anyone really play them after a few days?

What I'd personally like - Railjack and Dargyn races, Taking care of animals that you capture in conservation (interact, feed, play with etc) and of course, Non-lethal gameplay where you have the option to just knock an enemy out like in deus ex in stealth missions etc.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well let’s answer that question by looking at Baruuks popularity prior to his 4 finally being made good.

Was 4th weak?

But in my opinion, the Baruuk's gameplay consists of standing, putting many enemies to sleep or letting the ability hit an enemy. Imho that's very boring. There are many abilities that could make it "non violent" element more dynamic.

Archived