Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why unvault Chroma Prime?

Guybrush88

Just now, Guybrush88 said:

Why unvault Chroma Prime?

He was only vaulted last July, So would be less than 10months in the vault.

Whereas Volt Prime, Mag Prime, Loki Prime have been in the vault for more than 2 years

Well Volt does reappear in Baro from time to time and I do believe some of these older warframe relics are planned to return into the reward pools in void storms as permanent additions. (I think Ash was also announced), now to what extent remains to be seen.

If they do this they should figure a way to add there accessories packs for purchase in the rotation and it could result in Vaulted primes being out of the Vault faster.

I'm guessing it has to do with the Imugi Prime Armor and Chroma Prime's weapons. After all, Chroma Prime's Accessories are pretty good and his weapons are likely more popular.

Still, it feels weird since the past Unvaultings focused on unvaulting frames that were vaulted for one year and a frame that has been vaulted for around two years:

• Valkyr Prime & Saryn Prime (September 2019)
  • Ash Prime & Vauban Prime (November 2019)
  • Oberon Prime & Nekros Prime (February 2020)
  • Nova Prime & Trinity Prime (May 2020)
  • Frost Prime & Ember Prime (September 2020)
  • Mirage Prime & Banshee Prime (December 2020)

Aside from Frost Prime & Ember Prime due to DE working on the Heart of Deimos, Valkyr Prime, Ash Prime, Nekros Prime, Trinity Prime, and Banshee Prime are the Prime frames who were vaulted for more than 2 years before they were unvaulted.

I still remember when Unvaultings were two months long, and had breaks between. I remember when they first added Unvaulted relics to the Void, which made me so thoroughly sick of the sight of Neo relics I called them "Silver Cancer."

I don't think the old rules of Unvaultings apply any more.

1 hour ago, Guybrush88 said:

Whereas Volt Prime, Mag Prime, Loki Prime have been in the vault for more than 2 years

yet those very warframes had been unvaulted before

Frost & Ember Prime Vault

Expand

Trinity & Nova Prime Vault

Expand

Oberon & Nekros Prime Vault

Expand

Ash & Vauban Prime Vault

Expand

Saryn & Valkyr Prime Vault

Expand

Nyx & Rhino Prime Vault

Expand

Volt & Loki Prime Vault

Expand

Frost & Ember Prime Vault

Expand

Mag & Nova Prime Vault

Expand

Ember, Loki, & Frost Prime Vault

Expand

Rhino & Mag Prime Vault

Expand

Mag Prime Vault

Expand

Frost Prime Vault

If it was money, then I would assume unvaulting Mag Prime, Volt Prime & Loki Prime would probably generate more sales since there would be more players, especially newer players, who dont have those warframes yet right?

Chroma Prime is only 30p-50p on warframe.market. Loki Prime is 400p-500p. So players would probably be more inclined to buy a Loki Prime access rather than a Chroma Prime acess

Because they expect him to sell well. 

Same with Zephyr, eyes are on her because of new rework and deluxe skin. They want to capitalize on that and strike while the iron is hot. 

And it doesn't matter how many times they nerf him, Chroma will always have a niche as a personal weapons buffer, so of course they are expecting good sales. People want him. They want his damage buffing powers. It's not complex. 

2 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

If it was money, then I would assume unvaulting Mag Prime, Volt Prime & Loki Prime would probably generate more sales since there would be more players, especially newer players, who dont have those warframes yet right?

Chroma Prime is only 30p-50p on warframe.market. Loki Prime is 400p-500p. So players would probably be more inclined to buy a Loki Prime access rather than a Chroma Prime acess

Loki was invaulted with ember and frost like 2 years back. And also like a year ago with someone.

I'd have to look at exact dates but all the primes that are older have been unvaulted over like the last 2 years.

10 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

loki prime systems sells for ~300 platinum....

I cannot see the problem. Ember Prime was over 1200 Platinum for a set at one point. Loki Prime hasn't reached expensive levels yet. I bet DE will give out Loki Prime for TennoCon or add his Relics somewhere. DE is well aware of their decisions when unvaulting items, and it is calculated. Loki Prime may be way more expensive than Chroma, but Chroma likely has better sales figures for selling more powerful and relevant weapons. Rubico Prime compliments Zephyr's Kronen Prime much better for sales than the Bo Prime, not to mention Loki's accessories do not compare to Chroma's.

The Prime Vault is a flawed system since day 1, but DE rather milk this than really create a healthy system for everyone.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

I cannot see the problem. Ember Prime was over 1200 Platinum for a set at one point. Loki Prime hasn't reached expensive levels yet. I bet DE will give out Loki Prime for TennoCon or add his Relics somewhere. DE is well aware of their decisions when unvaulting items, and it is calculated. Loki Prime may be way more expensive than Chroma, but Chroma likely has better sales figures for selling more powerful and relevant weapons. Rubico Prime compliments Zephyr's Kronen Prime much better for sales than the Bo Prime, not to mention Loki's accessories do not compare to Chroma's.

The Prime Vault is a flawed system since day 1, but DE rather milk this than really create a healthy system for everyone.

they just make money apparently. it's not wrong either ...
only if a junk warframe with outdated skills costs so much, then it's not okay!

4 hours ago, Guybrush88 said:

Loki Prime is 400p-500p. 

I'm not sure Loki Prime is the best example exactly. 

Loki Prime's price, AFAIK, has stayed pretty steady over the years. 

Even back in the void tower days when you had to do rot c defense over and over to get the systems, well before it was vaulted, he was about 400-500p. 

Now he's about 400-500p when vaulted. 

Players think that's about what he is worth, and I doubt removing him from the vault temporarily is even going to drop it that much, and even then only very temporarily. Loki Prime has a fairly set value as far as the community is concerned. 

Archived