Jump to content

[SPOILERS] Who is Sevagoth's operator in "Call of the tempestarii"?


WinDiMoZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

Since Sevagoth and his shadow are actual physical warframes (that you can control) and not just some specter that was poofed out from a golden ball, I assumed that he would have an operator, If he does. Who would it be? Where he/she would be right now? Is it possible that he/she got trapped in the Duviri Paradox?(As we seen with an operator getting transported or something by a void storm in the Empyrean trailer) Or if not, Could it be possible that Sevagoth is Sentient? just like Umbra?

 

I want to know your theories guys, thank you!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could ask the same about Chroma, or Inaros, maybe they didn't give up to despair and the pain, had a goal or something, a warframe can move on their own (second dream) if they try... Umbra is just special

Edited by (XBOX)Rylor Threev
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont think he has operator. The main Sevagoth body already dead. And his shadow (somehow connected to it via some form of link) keep searching for it. 

In the quest we reunite them and give them space burial.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I don't think it's Rell the only operator that was "trapped" in a transference loop, probably the same happened to revenant, chroma, inaros... 

Sums up my thoughts perfectly. 

I don't think DE ever confirmed or denied it, but I have always theorized a lot of the quest warframes had a tenno who got caught in a transference loop inside them, and partly lost their sanity over the years, as anyone would, and became more and more convinced they ARE the warframe, as they basically are since they no longer know how to separate themselves anyways. Over hundreds or thousands of years since the old war they truly start to forget who they actually were. Like, probably to the point their actual operator is basically a husk, and they have nothing to return to anyways, etc. They are truly trapped inside this body, they may not even realize they were once a tenno anymore. 

This is off topic, but even if he wasn't necessarily a tenno, I have always wondered if something semi-similar somehow happened to the Stalker or the acolytes, but most of the more specific lore we have about them is so old and so vague it could be easily retconned. I'm not sure where they intend to go with that anymore.... it seemed in a couple quests like they were planning to explain it, and then didn't, like they keep changing their mind on what they want the Stalker's story to be... but that's digressing a bit. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

 

Sums up my thoughts perfectly. 

I don't think DE ever confirmed or denied it, but I have always theorized a lot of the quest warframes had a tenno who got caught in a transference loop inside them, and partly lost their sanity over the years, as anyone would, and became more and more convinced they ARE the warframe, as they basically are since they no longer know how to separate themselves anyways. Over hundreds or thousands of years since the old war they truly start to forget who they actually were. Like, probably to the point their actual operator is basically a husk, and they have nothing to return to anyways, etc. They are truly trapped inside this body, they may not even realize they were once a tenno anymore. 

This is off topic, but even if he wasn't necessarily a tenno, I have always wondered if something semi-similar somehow happened to the Stalker or the acolytes, but most of the more specific lore we have about them is so old and so vague it could be easily retconned. I'm not sure where they intend to go with that anymore.... it seemed in a couple quests like they were planning to explain it, and then didn't, like they keep changing their mind on what they want the Stalker's story to be... but that's digressing a bit. 

I think tjis is why people is so interested on Duviri Paradox, we need more official and canon sources to try to uncover this kind of "veil" wich is hiding our nature as tenno and the void itself. We can go on endless debates on this and everyone is convinced to hold some truth, so at this point only DE can end them to give space to new theories, kinda what happened after the second dream, tww snd the sacrifice. Everyone moved on from theorizing from the wf nature after those events.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I think tjis is why people is so interested on Duviri Paradox, we need more official and canon sources to try to uncover this kind of "veil" wich is hiding our nature as tenno and the void itself. We can go on endless debates on this and everyone is convinced to hold some truth, so at this point only DE can end them to give space to new theories, kinda what happened after the second dream, tww snd the sacrifice. Everyone moved on from theorizing from the wf nature after those events.

Agreed. Speculation is nice, but this is starting to approach a point since before The Second Dream, when before understood our true nature as Tenno, that speculation had reached a point where it was no longer really helpful or increasing discussion anymore. It was just a loop of the same arguments about whether tenno were the warframes themselves/pure energy/etc. etc. and all these other competing theories.

The lore explaining it didn't shut down discussion, it gave us more focus to understand the lore and discuss it further. It still left us with questions to discuss, but it ended the endless loop about our nature. The Duviri Paradox is indeed long overdue at this point, and hopefully will finally give us at least one more step in understanding the puzzle, so we can end some of the latest circular debates. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rylor Threev said:

You could ask the same about Chroma, 

Chroma explicitly didn't have one

"Hushed and empty is the Womb of the Sky"

His Z-kid is long dead, and his Helminth just shrugged and joined the rest of the Infested

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Chroma explicitly didn't have one

"Hushed and empty is the Womb of the Sky"

His Z-kid is long dead, and his Helminth just shrugged and joined the rest of the Infested

:awe:Neat! 

I hadn't even really speculated at all about what that line meant before... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We learn that The Operator can be killed based on The Second Dream. So we can safely assume the Operators of Protea, Sevagoth, and Chroma is presumed dead by likely a Lua reservoir malfunction, consumed by The Void (Harrow’s and Sev’s operator likely met their end by this way with the latter had their frame consumed by a Void Storm), or executed by The Orokin. Because of that their Warframes reverts to the “specter” behaviour.

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Hushed and empty is the Womb of the Sky"

Wasn’t Hunhow said that line in The New Strange?

Edited by DrivaMain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One option that could work is that it is the original Sevagoth, the first, pre-tenno version. It would help explain the stories in the laverian as well. If the original frames in the legends and such were a heavily altered elite soldier rather than an actual tenno and the line about all the original frames being failures having been exaggerated by ballas for whatever reason. 

Maybe the tenno "took away his pain" at some point to allow him to remain sane before they went on and more heavily relied on transferrence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably "dead" in some reservoir (or orbiter) through transference malfunction, thinking it and the frame are a singular, with it left roaming space as the shadow searching for the "main" frame which is destroyed. Why he is on a Railjack is also a bit mysterious, since the jacks were Dax vessels and not something made for the tenno. But it probably means he stole it during the uprising to raid and punish remnant Orokin colonies and vessels across Sol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I don't think it's Rell the only operator that was "trapped" in a transference loop, probably the same happened to revenant, chroma, inaros... 

I’m pretty sure Revenant was in a transference link with the Eidolons.

Chroma was overtaken by infestation.

Inaros...idk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I am very certain the voice who said the line in The New Strange is Hunhow's.

It was a raspy and hushed voice. Hunhow did refer to Lua as"The womb in the sky", but not as "Empty and silent" because it wasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vahenir said:

One option that could work is that it is the original Sevagoth, the first, pre-tenno version. It would help explain the stories in the laverian as well. If the original frames in the legends and such were a heavily altered elite soldier rather than an actual tenno and the line about all the original frames being failures having been exaggerated by ballas for whatever reason. 

Maybe the tenno "took away his pain" at some point to allow him to remain sane before they went on and more heavily relied on transferrence?

Wasn't there a few other frames like that?

Limbo

Mirage

Titania(sp)

Those three came to mind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It was a raspy and hushed voice. Hunhow did refer to Lua as"The womb in the sky", but not as "Empty and silent" because it wasn't.

But it was. At the time, Lua was still ripped out of the physical realm and hidden in the Void, so the "womb of the sky" was indeed "hushed and empty". Hunhow also enacts many schemes, and communicates with others, despite being techically dead. Also worth mentioning that the quote itself is the first words of the Mayan creation myth, and Hunhau is the name of one of the Mayan gods of the underworld. Hunhow was thus almost certainly the one controlling Chroma.

As for who was Sevagoth's Operator, it's likely he either didn't have one, or his Operator died or got disconnected. Lore suggests warframes are capable of acting autonomously, and I think it's unlikely frames such as Protea or Sevagoth have an Operator behind them. There's conflicting information on this (e.g. Orphix Sentient designed specifically to disrupt our Transference signal and disable our warframes), though expecting Warframe's lore to be consistent at this point is much like expecting Swiss cheese to not be full of holes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I think that whatever disaster almost destroyed the Tempestari (It has panels missing from the sides if you look through the "mist" surrounding it) is responsible for the death of Sevagoths operator.

The crew was already in their life pods and ready to eject when something broke through risking their escape. Sevagoth (already in a pod) cast his shadow to destroy the boarders during which time his pod ejected separating them, the very nature of the void preventing his shadow from re-joining with him, and more importantly preventing Sevagoths operator from ending his/her transference link with the frame, caused by the fact that when the shadow is summoned, the operators will passes into it to allow him control.

One Thousand years have passed. The end of The old war. The fall of the Orokin. The Tenno hiding from shame at the genocide that their false mother made them commit.

During this time, trapped in a transference loop they cannot escape. The operator through Sevagoths shadow, drawing power directly from the void to maintain itself, has searched for their frame so they can finally return to it and escape an eternity trapped in a floating coffin. The player meeting the Tempestari finally giving it an ally that could help it in it's quest.

But, too late, so much time has passed, that Sevagoth's operators spirit has broken. and is now simply hanging on in the hope that one day it's two halves will be made whole again.

They are, the operators spirit is again made whole and in some quiet reservoir in a dusty forgotten corner of Lua they peacefully pass away.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

But it was. At the time, Lua was still ripped out of the physical realm and hidden in the Void, so the "womb of the sky" was indeed "hushed and empty". Hunhow also enacts many schemes, and communicates with others, despite being techically dead. Also worth mentioning that the quote itself is the first words of the Mayan creation myth, and Hunhau is the name of one of the Mayan gods of the underworld. Hunhow was thus almost certainly the one controlling Chroma.

I still have my doubts, because Hunhow knew that Lua was hidden in the Void and the Tenno themselves were there. So Lua being the "Womb in the sky" could not have been hushed and silent unless its using the meaning of "Its outside of my senses/perception".

There's also another theory that Hunhow at the time DID think it was hushed and silent in the terms of "Natah completed the sequence and killed the Tenno" only to come to his full senses during Natah Quest and see that "Nope. It isnt."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...