Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of Sevagoth?

PaturikuD13th

33 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Even in his janky state he obsoletes Nidus and Inaros combined, which is pretty funny considering Nidus obsoleted Inaros as soon as he appeared.

1 his one crushes single targets provided you know how to use it actively, his two is complementary but should be replaced with spectrorage as soon as you get him, his three is basically a healing version of Nova's Ult and his ult is mechanically heehaw batS#&$ strong aside from phase change bosses and flying enemies.

2. He's a complete #*!%ing trainwreck of usability, esp his shadow. The camera angle is open faced hot melty garbage and whomever implemented it should be fired. Not even kidding. The reticle to attack modality meant to make this camera bullS#&$ "useful" also doesn't work worth a #*!%. 

The only postitive from this is it shows openly and without question how WF's level design greeble is actively and continually hurting playability directly. You run into everything, you get stuck on everything, you fly over things you should be contacting and liberally fly into corners and off of playspaces with complete regularity and impunity, and you literally have to force the "camera" down every time to actively attack anything with his regen/3.

Garbage.

Luckily his kit is strong as hell so even with glaring junk playability he's still effectively immortal til SP 400 or so, provided you have 13 forma and rare mods.

Haha Ayyy, I put Spectorage on Sevagoth, but that was just for spooky nightmare vision mirror King Sombra cosplay

Is Spectorage actually good on Sevagoth? I haven't fooled around with it much

Juju for days. Draws enemies in, powering both getting energy back and keeping everything else active, also lets Goth run interception and defense/mobile or defense or even hijack indefinitely. Spectrosiphon drops all the energy you could need, and in shadow mode you can take a task and then dart back to your energy pool pretty much instantly by either movement or ult. You basically just get "two characters" + Gloom for free indefinitely with it.

Eh, feels a bit like Baruuk to me, with the meter thing, only with Baruuk it's easy to manage your meter when you use his 4. 

I haven't figured that out on Sevagoth yet so after a while you get pulled out of shadow form. Also lacks Baruuk's amazing ability mod that adapts his damage to enemy weakness.

Only flaw is that sow cannot be recast aslong as a single enemy is still effected. Other than that he is really strong with enough sustain and AoE nuking. I built mine as a full umbra with maxed efficiency and very high range and near neutral duration/strength. The shade got 200% strength, base range, max efficiency and umbra mods along with adaptation, so when needed it'll just pull, debuff and blend, and aslong as you create a killing floor around Sev with gloom active the shade cannot die, with high range on Sev that killing floor is 38m in each direction, 76m total. Just slap energize on the shade aswell and it will fuel Sevs energy.

I don't like the fact that he needs to power up to become really strong. His normal form is super squishy and his passive unreliable and only a gimmick. Wish he had an actually useful passive.

The damage from reap and sow don't really scale, so the higher level the enemies the less useful these abilities become. Gloom is op. But in all honesty if you don't run adaptation and rolling guard then it's pointless because Sevagoth is one of those frames that will get oneshot after shield gating. So healing isn't really useful, but the slow down is. So I guess max power and range I think?

The shadow is pretty cool, but I find it's playstyle is very one dimensional. The abilities are strong but kinda meh. For people that like spamming melee mindlessly, this frame is good. For those who want something unique then this frame is definitely not a go-to option.

I've not spent much time on him and I do hear he's good on endurance and steel path. I just dislike the buildup of the shadow form. 

12 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

it's a mess, great potential, good design, bad execution.

hope De is going to "adjust" him with changes and fixes, for now he will gather dust for me.

I don't think so:

50 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Very mediocre.

I think he's definitely interesting and has the potential to become strong but let's face it. The devs already done with him. They won't buff him anymore and he's gonna stay mediocre forever.

They haven't fixed Lavos yet and they moved to Sevagoth. Today they will introduce another frame.

37 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Gloom is op. But in all honesty if you don't run adaptation and rolling guard then it's pointless because Sevagoth is one of those frames that will get oneshot after shield gating. So healing isn't really useful, but the slow down is. So I guess max power and range I think?

Range isn't that great. With bigger range you have more enemies. More enemies = more energy drain. And those enemies may not be close to you, hence they are slower to kill. So if you cannot generate enough energy I would use ~100% range.

Power is nice. With enough power most enemies cannot hit you. I'm not sure how some toxic aura works so you may need some resistance mod/arcane.

And healing, yeah, it's not that useful when everything doesn't move.

38 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

The shadow is pretty cool, but I find it's playstyle is very one dimensional. The abilities are strong but kinda meh. For people that like spamming melee mindlessly, this frame is good. For those who want something unique then this frame is definitely not a go-to option.

I agree. I don't even bother with changing to Shadow as it's very boring.

46 minutes ago, quxier said:

They haven't fixed Lavos yet and they moved to Sevagoth. Today they will introduce another frame

Exactly. So many ppl asked for QoL changes and we got nothing. They just moved on seemingly and now we get a new frame while Sevagoth could also use some Buffs and QoL changes. And we will never see those changes ever probably.

I like him quite a bit. He's pretty strong and I like the Death Well system. Gloom is a really strong defensive ability, and while his 2 is mostly useful for generating souls and marking enemies his 1 is a strong debuff. Shadow's 1 is ridiculously good; not only does it ragdoll almost everything non-boss (Liches and Acolytes included) it also brings 'em into melee range.

All in all a better frame that I initially expected. Stronger and more fun to play!

4 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

The damage from reap and sow don't really scale,

They scale really well in dense content since when synergized you'll deal 25% of the enemies health as blast in a radius around the effected target, which means in places like steel path endless where the enemies are stacked close, you'll have a massive chain reaction of death when you sow and then reap. You can pretty much go Khora 2.0 with him by just sowing and reaping. Drawback in you need to finish off a few random mobs at times that may not die and keep sow on "CD". The bonus is also that you dont need strength for this damage, so you wont overly gimp your Gloom by going with a strength build, and can sit at near the baseline slow and life leech and not hinder your game flow. Plus, since the shade is seperate in modding, you wont gimp it by building Sev for sow+reap AoE bursting.

You could essentially go with a negative strength build on him to make Gloom not reduce speed at all while still maintaining enough life leech to keep yourself sustained due to the shear amount of damage our frames deal and how little sustain we need to keep our small HP pools topped off.

1 minute ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

it's your opinion, i (and a lot of other people think as i do) don't like sevagoth, it's mastery fodder, it's not even fun to use.

I don't think it's mastery fodder. It's capable of doing Steel path.

And we may not like it but there are people that like it.

It may get some fixes, but for things I don't like about it, it won't probably fix too much. I guess Gloom visual might get fixes but it's not certain (Lavos still has Vial rush bug - VR turns of sprinting like; same as few other abilities from different frames).

36 minutes ago, quxier said:

but there are people that like it.

yeah, indeed,..... the minority.

like it or not, sevagoth is mediocre, and a lot of people do not like him.
sure, gloom is useful,...but what about the rest of his kit?

-gloom still has some issues

-ability N1 is clunky and kinda "clumsy", and if you start spamming it, you will run out of energy very quickly.

-ability N2 has a mhe damage and the synergy with ability N1 isn't that great or convinient(due to energy consumption).

-and what about his ability N4? usually the most useful ability of a warframe?, ah yes, to quote you:

5 hours ago, quxier said:

I agree. I don't even bother with changing to Shadow as it's very boring.

3 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

yeah, indeed,..... the minority.

If you say so.

sure, gloom is useful,...but what about the rest of his kit?

I'm not saying that it has not issues or things I don't like. I have made page or something about it:

However what I learned from last few frames is that as soon as they make new frame they won't change too much last few frames. Protea's explosion on 4th still lacks "something". Xaku's 4th has bunch of useless stuffs. Lavos (and other frames) still has "turn off running after ability".

Still those frames are "good enough" hence "don't need" more changes.

and the synergy with ability N1 isn't that great or convinient(due to energy consumption).

That really only applies to armored targets. Which I dont really see an issue with since most frames tend to fall behind versus one of the factions for one reason or another. Just like Mag and Hildryn doesnt have much going for them versus infested, but they both shine versus grineer and corpus.

Sev may not be perfect but he's far from fodder. I think his main problem is that his exalted shadow feels slow and clunky and you either need to spam its #1 or use neutral or forward RMB+E combos constantly.

On 2021-04-30 at 3:01 AM, ReddyDisco said:

its edgyness personified, guess i just outgrew that phase

You could say that you "threw it off the edge of a cliff".

But no. Its not edgy enough, not like that old fan concept that shall remain buried. Now THAT was an edge that would make Bloodborne players say "Humm, not bad!" and make WoW the Edge blush.

On 2021-04-29 at 1:36 PM, PaturikuD13th said:

So after getting sevagoth, what are your thoughts about him? I just want to know your opinion about him guys. Is he good, neutral or bad?

His Shadow form is interesting, but not a huge fan of the playstyle otherwise. The quest was cool though.

Really good if you invest in him. His 1 and 2 combo scales well, Gloom is an awesome CC and 4 can clear rooms with ease. Passive sounds great but I've yet to die with him. I have 15 Forma on him and it's probably my best build for high end content. If you've got the forma to spare then he's worth it.

The only major downsides are high energy consumption and the shadow can be a bit clunky on small maps but the rest makes up for it. I would never have spent that much forma on another frame but I really enjoy him so I pulled the trigger and don't regret it one bit. Epitaph is also really good. One shots level 60s and 70s with zero forma without the bonus Sevagoth headshot damage. Can only imagine what it's like with a better build. Also really solid for running relics, especially with mirage HoM. Looks and sounds cool and has infinite ammo to boot.

IMO this is the best frame/signature weapon addition since Wisp and Fulmin. 

On 2021-04-30 at 12:57 PM, SneakyErvin said:

They scale really well in dense content since when synergized you'll deal 25% of the enemies health as blast in a radius around the effected target, which means in places like steel path endless where the enemies are stacked close, you'll have a massive chain reaction of death when you sow and then reap. You can pretty much go Khora 2.0 with him by just sowing and reaping.

Id agree with this sentiment if the %hp damage was based on the targets max hp. Currently however it appears to be based on the targets current hp, which significantly hurts this abilities actual scaling. 

Archived