Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Delux. Reconsider. Do not destroy his theme.

15 hours ago, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

That thing you showed in the dev.stream that instead of looking revenant looks like a handsome half-emo boy that has nothing to do with his theme, it doesn't fit at all. I hope you reconsider your decision. If in the end you get that skin then I'm not going to buy it, it's not worth it at all. Doesn't fit Revenant at all. It is a skin that could have been good for another warframe, with which it fits more, but for revenant it has nothing to do.

There are lots of skins that don't "fit the Warframe theme". Many skins are themed around the Dark Sector game. So maybe the theme is approprite to DE and not to warframe.

26 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I don't have Twitter.  Aside from shooting her mouth of n a number of topics that make people very, very angry though, my understanding is that she's "ruining her own story" by clarifying things that didn't need to be clarified, and arbitrarily adding details that actually make the story worse.  Such as the revelation that somehow, Wizards didn't use *any* plumbing until Muggles invented the concept, and prior to the "great Muggle plumbing renovation" in the mid 1800s, wizards just did their business literally wherever they happened to be at the moment they felt a need and then used magic to hide the evidence.  Aside from the massive "ewww!" factor, this causes a kind of immediate issue with "Okay, then how did Slytherin have a hidden labyrinth beneath the school that you could only access through the plumbing?  And that no one but "his true heir" could discover, even though obviously many (and possibly dozens) of people must have been wandering around down there during that renovation?"

For the record, I don't know much about Harry Potter. I was just using it as an example since JK Rowling was brought up, and Harry Potter is the only thing she's made that I know of.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

For the record, I don't know much about Harry Potter. I was just using it as an example since JK Rowling was brought up, and Harry Potter is the only thing she's made that I know of.

I don't follow her Twitter.  I have the original story on audiobook (read by Jim Dale, because that's the version Amazon sells in the US and I happen to like his performance.  Stephen Fry is excellent at narration, but it's not the version I wanted to buy.  This information makes some people *unreasonably angry.*)  I'm only aware of what she's been doing to her stories because... well, it actually keeps getting mentioned by other people whose work I *do* follow as an example of "You told your story.  It was good.  Please stop telling it now, before you ruin it."

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

I don't follow her Twitter.  I have the original story on audiobook (read by Jim Dale, because that's the version Amazon sells in the US and I happen to like his performance.  Stephen Fry is excellent at narration, but it's not the version I wanted to buy.  This information makes some people *unreasonably angry.*)  I'm only aware of what she's been doing to her stories because... well, it actually keeps getting mentioned by other people whose work I *do* follow as an example of "You told your story.  It was good.  Please stop telling it now, before you ruin it."

Oh God yes, all that social stuff she said that made some people angry aside, she really needs to stop "clarifying" her universe. 

I remember reading about her explanation for how they did their "business" back in the day, from J.K. Rowling second-hand, and at first was sure it must have been satire. Imagine my disappointment when I found out she really tweeted that wizards just poop their pants and then use a vanishing/cleaning spell. 

And btw, in HP McGonagall says that vanished objects go "into non-being, that is to say, everything" when questioned by a riddle from the Ravenclaw portrait, so I guess when they vanish their poop it literally goes everywhere? GROSS. 

I can separate an authors social opinions from their work. I don't give a wet slap about that, but even as a casual observer of HP since from back when I was a bigger fan, she just won't stop retconning/clarifying things that just ruin her own legacy. She should honestly just stop talking. 

I love the "Oni" looking deluxe they showed on stream, it's not often males get nice looking muscle detail and it's only obtained through deluxe form.

I also like japanese demon style characters anyways and will buy it the instant it hits store. Speaking of which whens the next Jujutsu Kaisen season?

Imo most of the deluxe skins look like crap. DE seems to just throw together random ideas and call it a day. The deluxe skins do not fit together cohesively in any sort of theme and are often very bizarre looking (in ways that tend to look pretty stupid compared to the regular frame).

Look at the ember skin. Barf.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Imo most of the deluxe skins look like crap. DE seems to just throw together random ideas and call it a day. The deluxe skins do not fit together cohesively in any sort of theme and are often very bizarre looking (in ways that tend to look pretty stupid compared to the regular frame).

The older Ember Chicken, or the new one coming with Sisters of Parvos?  I happen to like the new one, but the Ember Chicken is just... let's say I don't like the helmet and that the body is *really* hard to use with literally *anything* else.

13 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

I have, whats the problem? It has a lot of references to airplanes while the current Rev skin has a lot of references to LoL (just kidding) but when you see that skin (Revenant's accepted by DE) it looks nothing like someone who came back (from death most likely) making no sense to the very name Revenant. Oh but the runes say "back from the underworld" yeah and what? you shouldnt need to look into small details to tell something that obvious.

The problem in this case appears to be an instance of shifting goalposts...

If Revenant's Deluxe skin bothers you but Zephyr' doesn't then you have inconsistent expectations for things like "lore" or "what should be allowed from the lore"

That means your opinion isn't being formed objectively.

Put simply, if the Birdframe suddenly becoming a hip 80's Transformer prop from any number of kitschy 80's movies featuring graffiti and loud colors doesn't bother you then an Anime Vampire skin shouldn't be bothering you either.

11 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

There are proofs that the skins arent following the story, maybe a lot of them arent canon indeed and they doesnt need to follow the entire frame theme. But as many have said, Rev's skin doesnt even have half of the theme wich proves what I said to be true.

(...)

Anyways DE did it, keep doing and will do it again. Im not against dumb things just as I said before with the event stuff but Im tired of the developers themselves ignoring their own rules.

Sounds like the devs are following their own rules - it's just that you try to impose new ones on them and then criticize them based on that. Plus that the Rev skin has half the theme, if not more, just not according to your personal judgement.

11 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

You yourself say that the skin is ok without lore statements so that way anything is allowed.

Nice word twisting, there. Also, you yourself said this:

13 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Im not interested in talking to you anymore.

Yet here we are still 🙂

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Why the spiteful tone?

On 2021-06-08 at 12:33 AM, Leqesai said:

If you just want to argue then continue going the direction you're going, but if you are serious about engagining in productive conversation I encourage you to be a little more respectful of other peoples' opinions.

14 hours ago, VoidArkhangel said:

I can say what you just said but think about it, does it makes sense? the powers of the Eidolon cracked the warframe thats why he has this flowing energy through his body so if we had this skin of a previous Revenant, wouldnt crack? if he doesnt have the Eidolon energy, could he still be the Revenant we know?.

Uhm say what now? How would that interfear with an ablative skin?

The Revenant we hunt down doesnt wear this skin, so this skin obviously wouldnt be cracked since we modify our Revenant afterwards, with a solid, non-cracked skin. There is in reality only a single Revenant that actually looks like the Revenant we get, since the story only happens to a singular Tenno out there. There arent thousands of Tenno running around fighting thousands of specters on the plains tied to thousands of stories about thousands of Revenants all ending the same way.

The eidolon energy is still there, inside the shell. The reason the eidolon energy gushes out is because the shell of Rev is horribly broken for the normal skin.

On 2021-07-01 at 5:02 AM, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

That thing you showed in the dev.stream that instead of looking revenant looks like a handsome half-emo boy that has nothing to do with his theme

Revenant's original theme is Vampire, so handsome half-emo boy sounds really appropriate actually.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Revenant's original theme is Vampire, so handsome half-emo boy sounds really appropriate actually.

inb4 the 50th "But he's no longer a vampire so that doesn't count!" in this thread, despite Revenant's abilities including leeching health, mesmerizing enemies, and becoming intangible. Dude's passive could be a garlic allergy and people would still say there's not a drop of vampirism in his design.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Perfectly_Framed_Waifu:

inb4 the 50th "But he's no longer a vampire so that doesn't count!" in this thread, despite Revenant's abilities including leeching health, mesmerizing enemies, and becoming intangible. Dude's passive could be a garlic allergy and people would still say there's not a drop of vampirism in his design.

Also his beta (?) name was 'vlad' and imo his helmet does actually resemble some artistic interpretations of Vlad Tepes (the most common one does show him with a more rounded hat, but some show Tepes with a longer hat with a flat top, which does kinda resemble Revenant's helmet design). And as far as I remember, the light effects were added afterwards because DE knew that there was too little visual connection to the Eidolons. So maybe the original visual design initially wasn't supposed to look Eidolon-like. 

For me, his Deluxe is just a variation of the vampire theme that is already present in the original design. Just a more modern one.

11 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The older Ember Chicken, or the new one coming with Sisters of Parvos?  I happen to like the new one, but the Ember Chicken is just... let's say I don't like the helmet and that the body is *really* hard to use with literally *anything* else.

Honestly both look like crap IMO. 

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

OMG. Hahahahaha. 

hace 6 horas, Padre_Akais dijo:

The problem in this case appears to be an instance of shifting goalposts...

If Revenant's Deluxe skin bothers you but Zephyr' doesn't then you have inconsistent expectations for things like "lore" or "what should be allowed from the lore"

That means your opinion isn't being formed objectively.

Put simply, if the Birdframe suddenly becoming a hip 80's Transformer prop from any number of kitschy 80's movies featuring graffiti and loud colors doesn't bother you then an Anime Vampire skin shouldn't be bothering you either.

Im bothered because it doesnt follow the theme mainly, Zephyr is a warframe that looks like a bird and have abilities that control the air to some extent so why should a skin of a machine that the humans created to be a metal bird would bother me while the cracked warframe with the looks of a sentient that was attempting to literally put itself together is getting a skin with the "Anime Vampire" vibes as you say. The dev said Revenant was a vampire-like warframe but you and I know that isnt how the things went.

hace 5 horas, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu dijo:

Sounds like the devs are following their own rules - it's just that you try to impose new ones on them and then criticize them based on that. Plus that the Rev skin has half the theme, if not more, just not according to your personal judgement.

When did I tried to impose new rules? it isnt logic to follow the theme of X when you are developing a skin for it? and what half does it fit into, a vampire? you could say that because has mental control, health leeching and... only showed at night? 

First of all, a vampire is generally associated with bats, blood, sunlight and garlic allergy wich none of them are present on the design nor on the lore. Only appears at night <- that doesnt say the sun burns affects him in fact it could just be because the eidolon shows up at night and he is connected to it.

Mental control and leeching, first mental control wich isnt that uncommon anymore so any monster could have it, leeching is something interesting and could work but seems odd since when I imagine a vampire leeching I imagine touching its victim with its former body you know the neck thing or a hand draining.

hace 6 horas, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu dijo:

Nice word twisting, there.

How did I twist it if I quoted almost exactly what you said?

hace 6 horas, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu dijo:

Yet here we are still 🙂

A self defence mechanism, if not implemented the argue would most likely went with: "No, you twisted my words" "No, YOU said it"

Also you said an interesting thing 

hace 6 horas, SneakyErvin dijo:

Uhm say what now? How would that interfear with an ablative skin?

The Revenant we hunt down doesnt wear this skin, so this skin obviously wouldnt be cracked since we modify our Revenant afterwards, with a solid, non-cracked skin. There is in reality only a single Revenant that actually looks like the Revenant we get, since the story only happens to a singular Tenno out there. There arent thousands of Tenno running around fighting thousands of specters on the plains tied to thousands of stories about thousands of Revenants all ending the same way.

The eidolon energy is still there, inside the shell. The reason the eidolon energy gushes out is because the shell of Rev is horribly broken for the normal skin.

Now this is something!

How dumb of me for not thinking- viewing it this way! I disagree a bit with the spectres part but still this changes everything, if the Groove changed those frames to look like forest spirits, why we couldnt do the same? but that would imply that some tenno have the orokin tech to deform warframes or maybe you just have to ask the helminth to give it a lift up?

Still ugly af.

On 2021-07-01 at 5:54 AM, TitoElKehTeFokah said:

The original idea behind Revenant was a vampire style frame, but the ``symbiosis´´ with the sentient energy changed him, and i dont see any relation between a vampire and what we have as Revenant.

The fkboy/emo-handsome boy is bc it feels like one (at least his concept art, the modeling is other thing, but still dont like it), like the typical kid of Twilight films. The new style modern ``vampires´´ that are all pretty and young. I rlly hate that, but thats my problem.

Ironically you are accusing them of doing the opposite what they actually did

Revenant is based on really, really old-school vampires. Not the Hollywood Bela Lugosi vampires, I'm talking Bram Stoker vampires, or even pre-Stoker vampires. Original vampires were grotesque ghouls, demonic walking corpses that could hypnotize you and turn into fog. That's what Revenant the Warframe does: crawl out of the mud like a zombie, hypnotize enemies, and turn into fog

29 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ironically you are accusing them of doing the opposite what they actually did

Revenant is based on really, really old-school vampires. Not the Hollywood Bela Lugosi vampires, I'm talking Bram Stoker vampires, or even pre-Stoker vampires. Original vampires were grotesque ghouls, demonic walking corpses that could hypnotize you and turn into fog. That's what Revenant the Warframe does: crawl out of the mud like a zombie, hypnotize enemies, and turn into fog

Popular media has turned them into romantic, suave figures, but yeah, their origins are downright gross. 

People got pronounced dead when they weren't quite dead, because medical science sucked back then. When they woke up, they tore up their coffin and bled all over trying to claw out before they eventually suffocated. Then when those graves were dug up for whatever reason (clearly people were not burying them that well back then) and someone looked in the coffin, they made an entirely erroneous conclusion. 

And now they are like, romantic, suit wearing seducers who get turned into a vampire by being bitten by another.

Whereas historically, people's idea of vampires were people who died, and came back as a zombie/ghoul servant of demonic forces, like you said. 

1 hour ago, VoidArkhangel said:

When did I tried to impose new rules?

I find it funny that that sentence is in the same post as this one:

The dev said Revenant was a vampire-like warframe but you and I know that isnt how the things went.

Like, the total audacity to say "I acknowledge that the folks who made Revenant said he's vampiric, but I'm just gonna ignore that anyway."

Mental control and leeching, first mental control wich isnt that uncommon anymore so any monster could have it, leeching is something interesting and could work but seems odd since when I imagine a vampire leeching I imagine touching its victim with its former body you know the neck thing or a hand draining.

I also love how you broaden it to "mental control". We're not just talking mental control, we're talking mesmerizing, enthralling, which is a more vampire-related form of "mental control", particularly in combination with its ability to spread. Likewise, you ignore that Revenant's leeching is in fact based on touch - through contact with his intangible form!

But if we're gonna nitpick, name me a Sentient that leeches health. Name me a Sentient with spreading enthrallment.

Why, it's almost like the devs are correct when they say that the dude named after a kind of animated corpse is a vampire-like frame! Who would've thunk it?

Archived