Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is similar to other MMOs

Allow me to take a minute to kindly remind you that Warframe became / is ( / was?) successful because it is (/ was?) not like other games. Don't go down this road. I don't want to see Warframe drop very far down the list of top games by current players.

Please stop nerph melee, one of the most fun mechanic geting nerpht and nerpht, now you solo depend on arcane, that stupid staf should have been deleted a long time ago. 2\10 update, 2 for fixes, anything else it's just more grind.

I didn't mention this in my first comment, but good lord:

- Do the vent kids quest for yareli, which is the most repetitive thing in the entire game

- Build the dojo room, wait 24 hours

- wait for the research of each yareli part

- wait for each part to build

- wait for the frame to build

- level her at a snails pace because her abilities do basically no damage. I leveled my primary almost 3 times already and yareli didn't even reach 30 once.

If you wanted to drive people into buying her with plat - congratulations, it worked. I ain't waiting for this.

And don't get me started on the granum grind. God...

Cool. Good. Thank you so much for two more new melee that look super fun, but I'll never be able to use because I'm a Khora main. 👌

Please reconsider the mechanic behind these "infinite combo" melee weapons and pseudo exalted frames. Any combo of the two makes both the frame and the weapon useless.

I don't often have a need to make feedback, but this is one of those moments. So let's break it up to the good, the bad and the ugly.

THE GOOD:

- The new streamlined murmur experience is great. At least for a Sister of Pravos. I like the Railjack too, but I liked railjack before, so it's nothing new. I just wish there would be some railjack nodes where you don't have do ground missions. Especially corpus ones forces you to run normal missions when you specifically wanted to do railjack. Defense missions doesn't even make sense.
- The new Galvanized Multishot is amazing. The fact that a corrosive tonkor can one-shot corpus steelpath enemies makes you wonder if the melee needed a nerf in the first place.
- I can't tell the effect of the new arcanes, but they're nice to have.
- I unlocked an impact tenet flux rifle and run an ESO with it. You can totally Mercy enemies with others around you killing everybody if you pay attention. Or maybe my squad were terrible. Who knows.

THE BAD:

- "On Kill" on galvanized mods mean that you have to kill with that weapon. Therefore it's totally useless if you use the weapon for applying status. I wish it was different.
- Melee nerfs are totally out of place. My regular tonfa with a very good riven suffers a lot in SP. In the meantime you can still deal 4000000 dmg with glaives. So I don't think the nerf hit the right place. (Fine, I'll just use my tonkor. Despite popular belief, aiming at the ground and left clicking is not harder than spamming E) I'm fine with the berserker and the condition overload nerf though.
- Gladiator set on Deconstructor (Prime). PLEASE JUST REVERT THIS. The whole point of set mods is that they are placed all over your equipment. My warframe doesn't have a combo counter, yet it has Gladiator mods on it. You already had to sacrifice the Smeeta buffs to get some melee crits. I always hated the smeeta playstyle, so I used this. I would be more content if DE said that set mods only work if your sentinel is alive. Yes, you can keep them alive in SP too. Now I use the vigilante set. I don't see how it affects "balance" to ban one set of mods, but let others work.
- The new dojo room is unreasonable for the new warframe. We already have an orokin lab that nobody ever visits.
- My riven gives my flux rifle +111% multishot and other neat stats. The same riven gives my tenet flux rifle +36% multishot. I mean what? Even with the other (similarly reduced stats) it doesn't worth using over the normal mods. I also don't like the reload over the charging, but that's a personal thing.
- Kuva liches and thralls have very different icons. Sisters, hounds and treasurers have too similar icons. Sometimes I had to stop and chase a different red dot. Very different icons for these would be better.

THE UGLY

- I ran SP alerts in public and Acolytes spawn normally. Then I ran some normal SP in solo and no Acolytes spawned. I waited ~10 minutes in one of the missions. I hope this was a bug.
- I got into a Lich mission with my Sister on Jupiter. Thralls didn't give me murmur, but she took my credits.
- Treasurers on SP felt unkillable. I couldn't event make a dent on their shield with my magnetic weapon.

FINAL NOTES

I'm not saying I hate the new update, but there are certainly some points that feel like an overreaction. Making mistakes is fine, but I hope they get corrected.

Some people before me talked about challange and why a game like this needs it and I totally agree. There needs to be challange. I wouldn't be playing if there wasn't. If you're one of the people that think this is justification for the nerf, let me quickly point you to the right direction:

- Spy missions used to be a challange. You had to navigate through the room avoiding alarms. There are some randomizations, I only wish there were more. Nowdays I can just grab my Rhino with my Auto Breach and march through everything. It doesn't matter if it's on a 1 minute timer or on a 20 second timer. This is how I did the spy mission on Kuva Fortress for SP. I don't even know how I could do it normally.

- When I first met the Bursas, they were terrifying. I also used melee back then and it was hard to hit them, yet alone kill them. And you had to deal with them, because you had to kill all enemies on the exterminate mission. This alone was a good enough reason to undo alarms. Today, if an alarm goes off, it barely registers. I hack a bursa on the Razorback mission every two seconds if I need to.

To sum it up, for challange we don't need more hits to take down regular mobs. That's not challange, that's just time sink. We need stuff, that are hard to do, or at least something that you need to pay attention to. And this shouldn't be a new thing, since boss fights all have their own mechanics anyway.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Region Consistency for Matchmaking improvements

We have changed the way you progress against your Lich by having consistent Influence regions per level of your Lich!.

The problem we aim to solve here is scattered matchmaking for players seeking Murmurs overall. Players would often have the same goal but never cross paths due to their Liches separation across the Origin System.

The details of this change are:

1) Rank 1 Kuva Liches appear on Earth
2) Rank 2 Kuva Liches appear on Mars
3) Rank 3 Kuva Liches appear on Ceres
4) Rank 4 Kuva Liches appear on Sedna
5) Rank 5 Kuva Liches appear on the Kuva Fortress

*Please note: if you had an Active Lich before the Update, it’ll progress through its current occupation nodes before it adopts the new Region flow.

Do they just never take over non-Grineer planets anymore then? What about the "Hatred of Corpus" and "Hatred of Infested" quirks, are they just pointless now?

Stability & Loyalty Removal
We have removed the DNA Integrity and Loyalty groups from the Companion Management Screen, and removed DNA Stabilizers from the Market. Previously only the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment could eliminate DNA degradation. No more Stability or Loyalty degrading!

So what is the point of the Nutrio Segment now? Just reducing incubation time?

4 hours ago, Graavarg said:

So, if I hadn't subsumed all warframes already I could now subsume them to reach Helminth level 15.

Which translates into: any player that haven't already subsumed too many warframes can subsume them to reach Helminth level 15, while players that have subsumed them have to wait for and engage in the new invigorations to get there (Helminth level 15).

Sorry, but this feels completely and totally unfair to me.

The claim to follow other MMO's is bogus, what most of them generally do is REWARD their veterans for still playing the game. I've never encountered or even heard of another MMO where veteran's XP would be summarily discarded and then set as unachievable, while newer players would be allowed to gain that identical XP and profit from it. I do not believe that has happened, and for good reason. 

The more you've used the Helminth, the more screwed you get. I won't buy that. Shame really, as I like most of the (other) new content. 

I did a test with both my main account which is level 10 and a secondary account which is level 0 and there was no change in the amount of xp you need to get to level ten (73125 xp). It means that even a level 0 account and you subsumed all 47 warframes will only reach level 10, the other 5 levels will have to be by force through infecting ability, feeding the helminth and use invigorations

this is one of the largest updates in recent memory and almost every single section of the OP has a meritorious claim to the title of "one of the worst changes ever made to the game" which one could discuss for like at least an hour each

unfortunately there's no content creators left to make all that feedback for DE to ignore

DE: So you enjoy melee gameplay? Well, here.. let's fix that.  

I'm not sure how nerfing melee and invalidating (or at least greatly diminishing) certain forma builds is improving gunplay.  How about.. I don't know.. improving guns?  

On a more positive note - DE says that if you purchase the Yarelli package with plat and then complete the Waverider quest, you get a Riven in addition to the Yarelli blueprint.  Does the same hold true if you purchase the Sisters of Parvos Riptide pack?

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

you should be able to play the game however you want, without feeling forced into prevalent strategies.

OMG hahaha .. I cant believe that this statement is there .. this is EXACTLY what you have been doing for the last few years forcing players into playing WF the way YOU think it should be played..!! I would suggest you open your ears and actually listen to 2 things, what the community says and what you say.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Converting a Sister earns you back all stolen Credits, allows her to randomly join you in mission as an ally and becomes eligible for a Railjack Crew member (including On-Call)! Vanquishing your Sister earns you back all stolen Credits, the Sister’s signature weapon, and Ephemera (if applicable).

Wait, so converting Sisters/Liches no longer gives you their ephemera?

Such an abundance of items and weapons.

And I will probably grind very few of them because you went ahead with those horrendous changes to melee and gunplay, despite overwhelming negative reception from players, draining me of any desire to grind any of the new things.

And speaking of grind; yeah, I sure am excited to have to grind Zenith crowns to be able go to the granum void for a chance of a larvling. Specially awesome if one is trying to spawn the last couple of Sister weapons.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The problem we aim to solve here is scattered matchmaking for players seeking Murmurs overall. Players would often have the same goal but never cross paths due to their Liches separation across the Origin System.

The details of this change are:

1) Rank 1 Kuva Liches appear on Earth
2) Rank 2 Kuva Liches appear on Mars
3) Rank 3 Kuva Liches appear on Ceres
4) Rank 4 Kuva Liches appear on Sedna
5) Rank 5 Kuva Liches appear on the Kuva Fortress

This is not happening.  My rank 1 started on Venus, and now rank 2 is on Phobos.

So liches now requiring a railjack means i just never do them now. Thanks for putting content behind forced rubbish because of 'steves vision' for the game. His vision is going to drive what makes this game good into the ground. Railjack is like having a bad game crammed inside of a game i like, expect i'm being forced to play what i don't like to progress in the game i do like.

As a result, we’ve reduced the Murmur requirements so that getting all 3 Requiems solely by killing Thralls should be about 12-13 missions on average, down from 18-19 average.

Maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but the last like 4-5 missions I've done have only had 1 dog spawn each. I'm definitely over 20 missions by now

Archived