Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

If Xbox prices are that high, that just tells me things are way too over-valued over there. Didn't know cross-platform trading was actually possible yet, though.

Prices are higher because our economy hasn't been around as long and doesn't get discounts to plat purchases like PC does.  It's easier and cheaper to get plat on PC, and there's more supply in your market.

Console players getting less plat in trade isn't going to drive up plat sales, it's going to push people away altogether.  Our boosters and other market items with no discounts ever available to us will effectively become more expensive as our plat gets devalued.

We get single use market coupons for purchases made with plat, and they can't be used on slots or boosters or any bundled items.  We're absolutely gettingbthe short end of the stick here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

we don't have cross trade
and pc is the cheapest because they have way more player base than xbox
playstation is the highest priced
switch i have no clue cause i'm not on it
and by the looks of the recruiting and region chat between pc and xbox it's gonna be a wild ride for sure lol

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

we don't have cross trade
and pc is the cheapest because they have way more player base than xbox
playstation is the highest priced
switch i have no clue cause i'm not on it
and by the looks of the recruiting and region chat between pc and xbox it's gonna be a wild ride for sure lol

Cross trade will start some problems, I'm sure.  You can't mix a market that gets discounted plat and a market that doesn't and expect it to turn out well.  If prices get tanked, it just means I won't trade anymore because it won't be worth the effort to me.  I'm not buying anything from DE because I'm not happy with the direction of the game.  That means no plat.  No plat means no boosters and the affinity and any new resource grind in this game feels like absolute garbage without boosters.  I have a feeling it will drop player count.  Not that DE seems to care.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Cross trade will start some problems, I'm sure.  You can't mix a market that gets discounted plat and a market that doesn't and expect it to turn out well.  If prices get tanked, it just means I won't trade anymore because it won't be worth the effort to me.  I'm not buying anything from DE because I'm not happy with the direction of the game.  That means no plat.  No plat means no boosters and the affinity and any new resource grind in this game feels like absolute garbage without boosters.  I have a feeling it will drop player count.  Not that DE seems to care.

i feel the same way, this is the 1st prime access i didn't purchase in 6 years of playing and i really hope DE gets their crap together!

• Like 1

Since DE is adamant on not introducing a proper market (allowing listing and selling of items while a person is offline), trade essentially doesn't exist for me, so nothing in my inventory has any value whatsoever anyway... so I'm not concerned that there will be a rise in supply. The value of Plat will change, due to console differences compared to PC as described in this thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, since I'm not on PC or Xbox, so I haven't been involved in the cross-play testing... cross-play doesn't mean cross-trade YET... that'll come with cross-save (because then, progress you make on one platform, including things you trade, will be saved to the account that you then access from a different platform.) However, I can see markets pre-adjusting to the perceived change in supply/values.

Overall, though, since so few people engage in trade in the first place, due to its obtuseness, and the high demand for cross-play/cross-save, I think DE is going to come out ahead in the end, with more happy players than before. I know I will have a larger potential group of people to play with, since some friends and people I know, play on PC, and can't join me on Playstation yet. I presume that's the case with many others.

• Like 1

Prices on PC are only a joke if you are competing with false listings on websites. For those unaware there has always been a problem with people putting absurdly low listings on websites to trick others into competing with them. Those individuals will turn around and buy those artificially lowered listing for resale purposes. You need to set a reasonable minimum that you will sell X item for so that you don't end up wasting your time and efforts.

• Like 3

It sounds like you are the guy who plays 1:500 forex leverage and got hit by quantitative easing.

Cross play and cross save were in discussion for a long time. If you are really bad at managing your investment you should just keep cash (plat) instead.

• Like 3

Wait, I don't get something. Supposedly, the item-to-plat value is actually lower in PC compared to Xbox. Does that mean there's actually more plat in circulation in the Xbox than in PC? Inflation drives prices up, right? I thought PC is the one with plat purchase coupon. Shouldn't that mean PC players could get more plat for their buck compared to consoles?

Is my line of thought wrong, or is there a factor I'm missing here?

• Like 1

Honestly, you should have known this would happen as soon as Crossplay was announced.  It's just supply and demand, and even if there was not a price disparity between PC and console, the glut of sellers from combining the market would still have crashed prices across the board.  You had a year to prepare for this and sell as much as possible, but if you squandered it, who can you blame?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Ms Chapstik said:

Trading prices are a joke on pc, now its crossplatform xbox players are being ripped off when it comes to trading with players? Does pc players get more plat for money compared to xbox? Its a joke and needs to be fixed. There is no way im trading primes sets for pc pricing. Its a quarter of the xbox price. WE DONT WANT CROSS PLATFORM and warframe will loose alot of the xbox community if this continues.

The days of XBOX players abusing this price discrepancy is finally coming to an end. You all need to pay up to buy platinum or farm 4 times as hard than because it's considered to be an abuse to do easy farming and not paying a dime for this game that still need a lot of revenue to pay for the dev team.  Be fair and be wise. Don't think for yourself, think for the hard working dev too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Wait, I don't get something. Supposedly, the item-to-plat value is actually lower in PC compared to Xbox. Does that mean there's actually more plat in circulation in the Xbox than in PC? Inflation drives prices up, right? I thought PC is the one with plat purchase coupon. Shouldn't that mean PC players could get more plat for their buck compared to consoles?

Not necessary. It may means that on average player have more plat. For example PC player can have like 500 plat then Xbox could have 5k.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

PC has a larger playerbase.  I'd wager they have more players with experience as well.  Playing longer and having more stuff means when you accumulate a prime set that you already have, it likely gets put up for sale, whereas a newer player will want to build that set.  More supply of pretty much everything in the market means cheaper prices regardless of how much plat is circulating. 

So the items have less value due to supply, but your plat also has less value due to supply.  If you take all that supply and flood a market that has much higher value on parts and plat due to lower supply, you devalue everything they have. 

This would be fine, except the in-game market prices are the same on all platforms.  A 30 day booster being 200 plat on PC isn't as much of an issue since PC has much cheaper access to plat, and doesn't have to spend as much buying from other players.  That booster will still be 200p on console after we lose trade value while also still not having that same cheaper access to plat because console doesn't get plat discounts like PC does.

Everything we have will get devalued if cross trade becomes a thing, and I'd bet money we won't get any of the benefits PC has with plat discounts. 

• Like 5