Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Melee: Which elemental are you waiting for?

NetworkGuy

Magnetic

Toxin

Fire

Radiation

That's really all I'm waiting for

Magnetic because if one of them has innate electricity or innate radiation, then I can build around it to be a Corpus killer or anything that has armor and shields killer (not my most desired one)

Toxin: Viral, corrosive, gas, not much else to say here

Fire: With Viral, this makes basically any enemy trivial in the game.

Radiation: Radiation plus Corrosive can help melt away basically anything with armor in the game

I'm not waiting for anything. If I feel like fusing them up to 60% at some point, I'll probably for for toxin, but even then I'll probably just keep an eye out for toxin while I'm still trying to reach 60% and swap to it when the opportunity arises rather than actually waiting for it.

9 minutes ago, TennoSimons said:

To be honest, when pulling the trigger for my 1st element, I am more interested in just getting as high close to 60 as possible. If I am feeling ambitious later, I will then get one fusion for each weapon on the basis of element type. 

How can you tell the percentage?

At this point, I'm not waiting for any of them.  Voidstorms are not fun, and even when I do all optional objectives I've only been getting keys about every fourth run.  The weapons could be a Thanos Snap Hammer that instantly deletes half the enemies on the map, and it still wouldn't be worth it.

57 minutes ago, NetworkGuy said:

How can you tell the percentage?

I didn't realize at first myself! Fortunately, someone told me on a holokey grind that you can just swipe your cursor over it when you are buying from the Perrin guy who sells them. If you do, it says the exact %. Last cycle they were all below 40. But this time the hammer n shield is in the 50s. 

I'm waiting on the element that makes Holokeys less annoying: the fixing a bad design element known as "rework"

for real, I'm not bothered about elements as I'm just after the weapons themselves, but while some may be frustrated at not getting the element they want for the week, myself and others are frustrated at doing X number of Void Storms and not seeing a single bloody key. tonight I finally got my 2nd weapon, Tenet Livia, but now it'll be probably another week or two of Void Storms to try and get another 40 keys together. this isn't the worst grind I've ever done, but it's definitely a slog.

1 hour ago, TheGuyver said:

I'm waiting for the motivation element so i can do the grind in the first place.

honestly, you may be better off waiting to see if DE improves the Holokey farm a bit. literally all they need to do is make it a guaranteed drop, problem solved. it wouldn't be too convenient as veil missions can still take a while.

I'm still conflicted. Heat enables viral+heat, toxin- pure toxin, which melts corpus. Either i pwn all things armored (with extra slash preferably) or Corpus is non issue. Radiation is kinda usefull in disabling ancients and eximi, but they should be dead if i'm whacking them anyway. Magnetic only ok for condition Overload (or Galvanized Savy/etc. Btw, inverting roles- priming with melee for Primary/Secondary nukes works well with some combinations. Impact might be ok for Parazon Finisher build, supplementary to gunplay. But no Tenet melee is quick enough to make it really viable. 

Anyways, i believe you need to consider what you want the weapon to do before picking the element. Kill Grineer/Infested? Fire is best. Corpus? Poison. Still ok versus other factions. Magnetic/Radiation as another status proc, quite unlikely for you to have on other weapons. With those two, I'd choose Radiation, because proc doing something versus all enemies, while Magnetic is useless unless vs shield. 

Summing up, there's no good answer to which element is the best and i think about whether to farm holokeys for a weapon when i see it in Perrin store:-)

Only one I acquired was Tenet Agendus, and I'm waiting for electricity on it, already have it high level enough.  Not sure if elec came out in the first week since I was farming other stuff and didn't check, but it's been heat two rotations in a row already. Waiting for the element you want is kinda annoying. At least liches/sisters you can just push through the RNG and do it all at once, even if it takes 100 larvling missions before you get the weapon you want. 

12 hours ago, TennoSimons said:

I didn't realize at first myself! Fortunately, someone told me on a holokey grind that you can just swipe your cursor over it when you are buying from the Perrin guy who sells them. If you do, it says the exact %. Last cycle they were all below 40. But this time the hammer n shield is in the 50s. 

Got it. Thanks!

Archived