Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance for the ballroom simulacrum to come back?

DinosaurPepito

Just now, krc473 said:

Your title and text don’t seem to relate to each other. What is a “ballroom simulacrum”?

a simulacrum scene that's 100% better than the regular one and I believe it only could be obtained in orphix venom IIRC

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

a simulacrum scene that's 100% better than the regular one and I believe it only could be obtained in orphix venom IIRC

Oh, I totally forgot that we even had a seperate simulacrum room. Google says it came from Orphix Venom and Scarlet Spear.

8 hours ago, vanaukas said:

That was the first thing I bought of Little Duck doing the Scarlet Spear event. Now my test subjects don't fall off the sides of the map and destroy my testing.

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

Considering how extremely tedious and dull the gameplay of scarlet spear was, that ballroom will probably be used as bait to get people to do it. I cannot believe some people spent days of their finite life killing an ugly sentient in a jungle 1000000 times.

Hello.

It was fun if you were with someone else who also knew the orders of spawn, me and one other player had a fun time while doing it, we both knew what we were doing.

4 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Considering how extremely tedious and dull the gameplay of scarlet spear was, that ballroom will probably be used as bait to get people to do it. I cannot believe some people spent days of their finite life killing an ugly sentient in a jungle 1000000 times.

Worth it for the arcanes and not having my eyes destroyed doing tridolons 😂

5 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Suffer for couple of days or suffer for eternity in rng dice rolls, scarlet spear did respect players' finite time a lot more than eidolons ever did

10 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

You didn't have to play SS much to get the relevant rewards. You could get it done within a single day.

Murex also had 0 kill requirement and could be "afked".

27 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I assumed it was there to begin with

It turned up as a reward in Scarlet Spear from Little Duck who ran the event, yes it does seem strange Simaris didn't have control of it until after the Event, you need to still go via Simaris to go into it. 

The Ballroom Simulacrum is a reward from Operation: Scarlet Spear and Operation: Orphix Venom.

I wish we could access the Simulacrum straight from our Orbiters.

it looks way better than the normal room and i agree we should be able to buy it from simaris, having said that i never used simulacrum as i didn't see the need for it. it's good for youtubers to be consistent when wanting to compare different builds but not for me as i prefer real mission results.

12 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

As opposed to Orphix Venom? At least in Scarlet Spear you could play with random players using weird combinations of Warframes... Orphix Venom just had 2 mechs you could play with and, well... one of them significantly outclasses the other. Then Scarlet Spear would also give you a flotilla bonus and you could easily get 2-3 of those bonuses in a wave (8k each if you were clever). This made Scarlet Spear far more rewarding than Orphix Venom. Orphix Venom's shop is definitely better than Eidolons or the Railjack mission type, but I still feel very bad for the players who farmed Phasic Cells to buy all the Arcanes (to avoid lame Eidolons and RNG). Scarlet Spear was more rewarding, had more variety (via Land/Railjack missions and the Warframes you could play and team up with), and IMO way less tedious (I suppose owing to the flotilla bonuses).

Both events totally were totally grindfests. I'd pick Scarlet Spear over Orphix Venom any day!

I do hope they bring back Scarlet Spear because it had a novel mechanic for synchronizing ground and space missions. It did have problems, but it's a little neat compared to normal Mobile Defense. Maybe Scarlet Spear can take place on Corpus Outpost next time!

Events aside... I think Simaris should just sell the Ballroom Simulacrum skin (it's his Simulacrum!).

15 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

i enjoyed SS a lot, much more than OV 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Never did the Railjsck missions, but I found the ground missions fun.  Sure, it got tedious doing too many runs without doing anything else.  But I can't think of -any- game modes that don't fit that description.  

And it was very rewarding for the time investment, with little RNG involved.

it's ironic, people who know my story i was a noob that found my turnaround on OV
in that one event, i built my first mech, farmed day and night, got so much arcanes and sell them, i can afford slots and vaulted frames & weapons, then tackled higher level missions using them.
OV literally changed the course of my warframe career to a way better path.

the one thing that i didn't buy from OV was the ballroom simulacrum.
i thought it was one of those useless captura scenes. i was swimming in phasic cells and bought absolutely everything, aside from that one darn thing.

Archived