Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryns…

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I run a mission and ask for people. 1 or 2 people says inv and boom. Got 1-2 saryns in the group. We run a mission, and then I’m just running around the map trying to get in 1 kill but before a single bullet reaches an enemy, they all die because of Saryn. I find it a bit annoying, because they show up all the time in Hydron. I say to the saryn(S) “Ok, me and the others will want kills and to test out our new gear, so don’t spam your kill-everybody-in-the-map abilities yet okay?” And they say “Ok”, and then start spamming every one of their abilities and in the end, me and my non-Saryn friends barely did anything, with 2 percent damage dealt, 6 kills combined, and the Saryn had like 800+ kills. Whenever a saryn joins, I have to message every squad mate to dash around the map very quickly and steal the energy orbs so the saryn doesn’t wipe the whole map off the face of the earth. Even more annoying when I’m trying to get a larvling. then a random saryn joins and I don’t get even get 3 kills. It gets extremely irritating when all you want to do is test the strength of your new warframe or gear against a certain level or get XP fast, and then a Saryn just melts the whole map. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

YES EXACTLY, we want to finish hydron as fast as possible, but we can’t kill with the gear we want to level so we need an extra 5-10 waves.

You want speed, but complain when saryn provides speed?

She's doing all the work for you, giving you the fastest way to level all your gear at once.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb McCIoud:

You want speed, but complain when saryn provides speed?

She's doing all the work for you, giving you the fastest way to level all your gear at once.

The problem is that OP doesnt understand how affinity sharing works and is shooting themselves in the foot by taking an already maxed weapon with them.

11 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

The problem is that OP doesnt understand how affinity sharing works and is shooting themselves in the foot by taking an already maxed weapon with them.

Well I think we can all agree that the way it works is completely bonkers. Even the wiki adds to the confusion. For people starting out it's just completely incomprehensible. Of course the OPs complaint is invalid, but I completely understand why the complaint is being made.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb RazerXPrime:

Well I think we can all agree that the way it works is completely bonkers. Even the wiki adds to the confusion. For people starting out it's just completely incomprehensible. Of course the OPs complaint is invalid, but I completely understand why the complaint is being made.

Yes and no, taking an already maxed weapon is wasting affinity regardless. Maxed weapons without a lens no longer taking affinity from the spread would be a good change though.

9 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Yes and no, taking an already maxed weapon is wasting affinity regardless. Maxed weapons without a lens no longer taking affinity from the spread would be a good change though.

I know that, you know that. But if you're just starting out this is evidentily not clear. Even reading the wiki doesn't make this very clear because of the way the information is presented. It's not written to explain it to a layman. It's written as a brain dump by a person who already knows how it works. Much like how a lot of the wiki is written.

12 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I know that, you know that. But if you're just starting out this is evidentily not clear. Even reading the wiki doesn't make this very clear because of the way the information is presented. It's not written to explain it to a layman. It's written as a brain dump by a person who already knows how it works. Much like how a lot of the wiki is written.

^

Aaaanyway. Put aside XP, I mean other missions in general. The chance of getting a Saryn in a public mission is 7 in 10, and I really do appreciate them in a mass high level extermination or otherwise, but when they just kill everything before I even tell them why we’re here and what we’re supposed to do. 

Me: Alright so we’re ging t do a zenith granum void okay so—

Saryn: No problem, I’ll kill everything *insert crown before we all come near the golden hand*

me: BRO WAIT! 

*whole squad jumps in time*

saryn: *starts levelling up the spectres and not let anybody charge the xoris.. (s? Xoris s?)

And something like this happened a few times

Me: I need to kill thrills to enrage my lich. You guys need to get rumours too so we’ll do it together and if it’s alright with you, I’ll do the thrall stabbing.

Squad: ok.

ten minutes later

Saryn: *Melts all the enemies and stabs every single one of the thralls*

And this: 

Me: I need to get some high level kills for this mission, but I’m a bit weak so can you guys DAMAGE them so I can finish them off?

5 minutes later

1-2 saryns: Melting every enemy before I could even shoot one.

7 hours ago, Keiyadan said:

yeah but does that realy matter if most of the warframes cant deal that mucht dmg on there own maybe use aoe weapons then and do basicly the same what saryns would do right?

No. Weapon kill give 50% affinity to warframe and since spawns are limited per round (hidron) you will need more rounds to reach rank 30 with weapon kills instead of ability kills.

For eso, then it wont matter xD soon or later everything will be maxed.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Reaper330011:

Aaaanyway. Put aside XP, I mean other missions in general. The chance of getting a Saryn in a public mission is 7 in 10, and I really do appreciate them in a mass high level extermination or otherwise, but when they just kill everything before I even tell them why we’re here and what we’re supposed to do. 

I think your gaming would go a lot smoother if you realized that you have neither the authority nor the knowledge to be in a position where you can tell people what they're supposed to do.

vor einer Stunde schrieb RazerXPrime:

The complaint is being made not just because the OP didn't know how affinity works, but because that misunderstanding somehow overrules the actual ingame experience. I would understand thinking beforehand that xp will be worse with a Saryn cleaning out the map. I don't understand complaining that xp was worse afterwards.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS AND WHY ON EARTH DO PEOPLE USE SARYNS THEN SPAM EVERY BUTTON??? 

You have 3 options;
1. Accept the fact that public missions / inviting random people will yield random results and people are going to play whatever they want.
2. Play with friends / clan and agree on "no Saryns or other nuke frames".
3. Play solo.

I don't like how other people play (speed / nuke meta) so I play solo to not annoy myself with the gottagofast style and to not annoy them with my slowpoke style.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Then barely anyone joins, or they join and switch to saryn right before the match starts

Then the only other thing is to play solo. This used to be an issue i found with Ember, but tbh more then half the WF in the game can do this.

My advice for how i delt with it, if you cant beat them, join them or play alone.

Well, OP, that was embarassingly hilarious.

Stop telling people what to do when you yourself don't know sheet of what you're talking about.

Stop hunting larvlings and candidates in public, this is litterally useless, you only expose yourself to problems.

Learn the game, understand why people do what they do, build up your power level, git gud, and only then can you start giving instructions to people. Tho by this point you should have realised that giving instructions is not something that anyone does ever (outside of very rare and specific situations).

vor einer Stunde schrieb DarkSkysz:

No. Weapon kill give 50% affinity to warframe and since spawns are limited per round (hidron) you will need more rounds to reach rank 30 with weapon kills instead of ability kills.

For eso, then it wont matter xD soon or later everything will be maxed.

well maybe it was my exp speeking out of me but most of the times if i dont try to get exp for myself or have someone helping me level stuff it is the better alternativ than see everybody waiting for kill frames

3 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Me: I need to get some high level kills for this mission, but I’m a bit weak so can you guys DAMAGE them so I can finish them off?

If you can't kill the enemies yourself, why are you doing the mission? This is basically asking the other people not to play the game.

3 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

You have 3 options;
1. Accept the fact that public missions / inviting random people will yield random results and people are going to play whatever they want.
2. Play with friends / clan and agree on "no Saryns or other nuke frames".
3. Play solo.

I don't like how other people play (speed / nuke meta) so I play solo to not annoy myself with the gottagofast style and to not annoy them with my slowpoke style.

We're alike as I too, prefer to go slowly; explore the whole mission map and try finding new stuff like a new vent in Void missions (found some neat containers above the room with pillars and multiple laser discs on a trip through Oxomorco last time), but the speedrunners just want it done last month so in, complete, home for breakfast... 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Me: Alright so we’re ging t do a zenith granum void okay so—

Saryn: No problem, I’ll kill everything *insert crown before we all come near the golden hand*

me: BRO WAIT! 

*whole squad jumps in time*

saryn: *starts levelling up the spectres and not let anybody charge the xoris.. (s? Xoris s?)

And something like this happened a few times

Me: I need to kill thrills to enrage my lich. You guys need to get rumours too so we’ll do it together and if it’s alright with you, I’ll do the thrall stabbing.

Squad: ok.

ten minutes later

Saryn: *Melts all the enemies and stabs every single one of the thralls*

And this: 

5 minutes later

1-2 saryns: Melting every enemy before I could even shoot one.

... Honestly, I believe you'll get better enjoyment from the game just by switching your matchmaking to "Invite Only"... And then invite your friends when they login...

Archived