Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Post Devstream 157] Nyx, almost close to perfection.

DrivaMain

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

But they’re ultimately not going to be all that impactful on her overall performance and she’s still going to be considered bad after their implementation.

Bad for you maybe, for me? slightly better.

the changes to Mind control will greatly improve the ally's existence in battle, i can finally maybe drop Mind freak, and put something else.

it's impactful for me, and it's the a second step for Nyx to achieve a good position in this game.

also 

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

everyone’s foaming at the mouth

you do the same for Revenant soooo.

On 2021-09-25 at 1:26 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not being being an aoe scaling damage nuke doesn't mean useless. You won't find every frame appealing because they're not all made for you.

Actually, I do use Nyx. This skill is the one I always drop for Heleminth. Why would I use this over any semi functional skill? The buffs will not change anything.

On 2021-09-25 at 10:27 PM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

How is nekros the most flawed frame ever? Or are you just going to make a baseless claim and leave it at that? 

"Baseless claim" It's common sense that besides than desecrate his whole kit is almost useless. It's not my job to educate random people on the internet, you should do your own research or at least play with Nekros for a few minutes. 

If they could do something about the energy consumption of absorb then it would be actually usable at high levels as well. Right now a small group of enemies will just drain your energy with a few shots since energy consumption is based on received damage. That totally sucks.

At best absorb can absorb a total of 77K damage if you have primed flow equipped. Sounds like a lot. It is, but not at higher levels. Vs level 100+ enemies they just strip it in a few shots and then you're left with no protection and no energy. That last bit is what hurts the most to be honest. They really need to do something about that.

On 2021-09-27 at 5:20 PM, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

was curious if Nyx 3 could see an animation speed up, its very slow and my only pain point with her. 

If I recall correctly on activation it stuns all enemies in the AoE before applying the chaos effect leaving them stunned for 1 second after the ability is cast. So yes you're standing still for a bit, but it's a good panic button as well.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

"Baseless claim" It's common sense that besides than desecrate his whole kit is almost useless. It's not my job to educate random people on the internet, you should do your own research or at least play with Nekros for a few minutes. 

We have. And we found other uses. Maybe it's your turn to research.

On 2021-09-25 at 7:26 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not being being an aoe scaling damage nuke doesn't mean useless. You won't find every frame appealing because they're not all made for you.

This is funny because Absorb (unagumented) is one of the best scaling aoe damage nukes in game.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wait are you serious? I never saw it deal any damage farther than 10 meters 

It always was affected by range mods, but i think they mean scaling damage like it working against higher level enemies? I have to check. 

Now separately, I did find this. Apparently damage absorbed affects range as well:

"Explosion radius is affected by damage absorbed, up to a maximum of 75m."

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It always was affected by range mods, but i think they mean scaling damage like it working against higher level enemies? I have to check. 

Now separately, I did find this. Apparently damage absorbed affects range as well:

Still does paltry damage vs armored enemies. You can absorb damage from grineer all you want. When your energy runs out and you unleash the absorbed damage you deal like 10% damage to their hp at best This may work ok vs infested or something, but anything else it's just a waste of energy.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I know about scaling range.

But still could not hit anything within 5 meters away from me lol.

Maybe it's bugged, i don't know, i hate this ability anyway.

We don't need to be an invincible turtle when shield gating exists.

Molt gives me speed, cleanses me from status effects, heals, and draws aggro 

33 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Still does paltry damage vs armored enemies. You can absorb damage from grineer all you want. When your energy runs out and you unleash the absorbed damage you deal like 10% damage to their hp at best This may work ok vs infested or something, but anything else it's just a waste of energy.

Yea that's why I'm confused. I don't think it does scaling damage at all.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I know about scaling range.

But still could not hit anything within 5 meters away from me lol.

Maybe it's bugged, i don't know, i hate this ability anyway.

We don't need to be an invincible turtle when shield gating exists.

Molt gives me speed, cleanses me from status effects, heals, and draws aggro 

While absorb has its uses. I feel it's not an ability that you can comfortably use for an extended amount of time. And I wouldn't compare shield gating with invulnerability. Shield gating gives you at max a one second invulnerability frame and if you don't respond to that then you're basically dead. Of course you can train yourself to work with this, e.a. with augur mods and such, but it's a lot more cumbersome and intrusive than if you have something that simply negates damage for an extended period of time.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wait are you serious? I never saw it deal any damage farther than 10 meters 

Serious,serious. Even without specter or buff stack abuse, but just a ally with a decent weapon to charge it (high base or mass pellet count), circa level 485~500 sp non-eximus grineer should insta pop.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

you did not just say to the guy with Nekros in his URL that he's using nekros wrong, hehe xd

Also as someone who spent way too much time on Nekros, the person was right in calling out the dude with nekros in his username to use him wrong. Shadows are the best/highest prio non-ai overwrite taunt (or soft taunt as one might call it), SP was a ok cheap 1h augur/brief shield refuel with positioning based cc (still waiting on the day DE finally inform people in the tips that its either a soft launch/knockdown, mid yeet or tenno space program based on proximity and elevation compared to target) till trashxecute nerf to it, terrify sadly annoys allies/makes their life needlessly bothersome for getting headshots if you dont run creeping but its still a good cc that goes through some bullS#&$ cases of immunities. He is/was literally one of the few frames without forced dependencies but entirely working on mechanical synergy between otherwise independently functional skills for his gameloop.

Then the trashxecute happened that both ate up a chance to buff him properly AND managed to nerf the little usability his 1 had because now you risk filling your troops with trash in the situations where you want to spam it and would have to use it on heavys when they are already dead when against them you want to yeet from afar or knockdown on approach before the chance to damage them.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

You don’t need to educate others when it's obvious you need education on the matter yourself. Nekros is far from a desecration bot, especially with helmimth opportunities as they are. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

you did not just say to the guy with Nekros in his URL that he's using nekros wrong, hehe xd

having something in their name does not give them omniscience on the topic. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

having something in their name does not give them omniscience on the topic. 

Not what i meant.

It's just that, they seem to main and care a lot about Nekros, even looking and asking for recommendations for games that have a necromancer character.

I Was trying to just make a lol out of it, but in all seriousness, i understand where he's coming from, despite his attitude.

He wants Nekros to portray an accurate representation of a necromancer/reaper With SotD doing actual decent damage, and giving nekros an exalted scythe.

Pretty flashy stuff, without understanding that Nekros was and forever will be a farming/semi tank/support Warframe.

That's my interpretation of the problem he has

• 1 month later...

Mind control still sucks unless its 100k% increased damage.. but I dont care, since its subsumable..

everything else is already perfect, these changes are just buffs, so I am happy.

but nyx is perfect and in the top 3 strongest warframes. I hope DE never changes a thing again. rolling now is really nice

Archived