Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crumbguzzler?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Its like when a giant cryptid whale is out in the middle of the ocean and goes to eat a ship full of merchants or sailors. Its like if the Marvel superhero the Whizzer ran into the lasers from the Resident Evil movie, and was all over the floor, and you only had a bucket and mop, for all that Whizz. Its like if you play Oberon, with Phoenix Renewal Augment and you see your team mates Saryn, Wisp and Karst Skin Atlas all go down... and you need to Seed the area with Hallowed Ground. 

2 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Manifestation of double standarts. I most likely will get a warning or a ban if I wrote that in forums or chat.

There’s no inappropriate language, no one is being harassed or bullied, no one is being singled out, and it’s not hate speech. The concern is subjecting minors to this sort of content. However “crumbguzzler” and “assets” are not “this sort of content.”

4 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Manifestation of double standarts. I most likely will get a warning or a ban if I wrote that in forums or chat.

Yeah, probably because players have proven themselves to take things like this too far and don't want to risk it with us 

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Simple answer... you know how you can name your Secondary weapons in Fortuna?

Reveal hidden contents

The best part of this segment is how everyone reacted -- Rebecca can't stop laughing, Steve, Geoff and Scott are all chuckling, and Sheldon's got this "how am I going to explain this to the investors" look on his face while going "let's move along, let's moving along".  It's moments like these that make the Devstreams authentic and worth watching.

I loved it when Steve mentioned the name again and said right after he had to be careful how he pronounced that. Glad to see the devs having fun. Lots of sillyness that went on in yesterdays stream and I loved it. 

8 hours ago, Hayrack said:

How? Innuendos arent against the rules for anyone.

5 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

I'm 28 , I'm from eastern Europe , English is not my native language . 

So please , do explain me what it means because I am clueless .

Its like when someone says something, that is technically one thing, but its suggestive of another thing entirely. In this case something risqué and evocative. 

Like you are familiar with slang? Take some of what you consider slang in your language, that adults know, but then change the words around so it is more innocent and obscure. 

Hope that helps make sense. 

6 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

So please , do explain me what it means because I am clueless .

Not sure if this is a trap or a challenge, but...  See this post for which 2 words make up the weapon name:

6 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Crumb

1. A small fragment of bread, cake, or cracker

Guzzler

A person who eats or drinks something greedily.

Bread enjoyer, you're welcome

There is this English site called "Urban Dictionary" that defines slang terms.  Go and look up the 2nd word.  The first word sounds like another word which you can probably find if you search for the 2nd word on certain...  "Specialty video sites".  Good luck!  😉

2 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

There is this English site called "Urban Dictionary" that defines slang terms.  Go and look up the 2nd word.  The first word sounds like another word which you can probably find if you search for the 2nd word on certain...  "Specialty video sites".  Good luck!  

I know what it means, it was a joke

6 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Now, this explains it.

English is tricky, so have a useful Word Definition:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innuendo

In English there are many words that are synonyms or slang for other terms, and sometimes they're just similar sounding. If we explained what the words 'Crumb Guzzler' sound like, we would probably have our comments deleted by the mods.

So because it sounds similar to something else, it becomes an Innuendo, and that makes it funny to us.

Archived