Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey

[DE]Dudley

Nice survey!

Some questions could have been more detailed like 'which open world you like more?' I mean for the Cambion drift I hate the particle effect but the zone is fine overall as for plains of eidolons, idk something is missing like grinner camps that activate a limited objective quest a bit like Orb vallis defense objective.

Also did we have results about the new player test with resources / weapon given to them? I dont remember seing a conclusion.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, OniDax said:

Do you know if this is a survey endorsed by the dev team or just the community team? I've seen a similar effort within another community (Ghost Recon) where members of the community made a bunch of surveys and then the community team made their own in response, but it was ultimately just an effort by that community team to engage with the community and not something that devs themselves really engaged with. I'm hoping this won't end up the same way.

Thanks for the question Tenno! This survey is not simply an engagement tool. Both the community team and the dev team genuinely want your feedback as we look ahead to what the rest of 2022 can have in store for Warframe. So rest assured that this feedback will be taken into consideration for developing Warframe further.

2 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Bunch of interesting questions. There were some topics I was surprised to see and some I thought that were missing. Thought it was a little bit surprising that a bunch of questions was put towards the open world activities compared to what else the game has to offer.

Would have loved to see more SPACE related questions (Archwing/Railjack). Since I personaly think, the missing modular AW or latest AW-melee introduction beeing old as 5,5 years at this point.. I get the feeling that even the devs are saying : AW is dead

vor 2 Stunden schrieb God_is_a_Cat_Girl:

Survey does seem made to raise some good points, but survey's are also lacking in exploring certain points. For example:

This. While we are not fully aware of what the intent of certain questions might be, i feel like the answers could be missinterpreted sometimes, and at other times it's too general of a question to answer it for the massive and diverse game that Warframe is. This might be just a general survey to get an overview about opinions, but i think in future surveys it would be good if they only cover one distinct topic with more precise options. To give one different example besides the Open World topic you mentioned:

I found it impossible to answer the question regarding enemy density. Because in Steel Path and ESO for example, the density is high and i like it. And in a random Lith-fissure the density might be painfully low and i would like to have more enemies more aswell. The conclusion that could be drawn from this might be that the player, in this case me wants Warframe to be a Horde Shooter with tons of enemies at all times, and that i want to use massive AoE-weapons and Abilities to deal with it. But thats not the the (whole) truth. Because at the same time i might enjoy low densities with higher level enemies in other scenarios where i use single-target weapons and actual tactics to deal with them.

Other questions like "did you enjoy playing as other characters" are much more precise, more easy to answer and the conclusions that can be drawn might be more accurate.

Anyway: TNW was the best quest so far imo in terms of gameplay and presentation! I know you probably dont want people to start using this topic to make requests and give more feedback, so i try to hold it back 😅 But yeah, Raids, difficult content, game balance and adding content besides bounties to the Open Worlds is what i'd like to see (shouldnt be a surprise since i have a feedback-topic regarding Open Worlds running for 3 years now^^)

3 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Please complete the following survey truthfully, as only honest and fair feedback will benefit the Warframe community.

To put my thoughts bluntly:
I doubt you will listen based on past experiences of anything that isn't flattery being misrepresented and then mocked or attacked before being discarded. 

So that is a nice touch to see at the end of the survey that ya'll partnered with Purzzle on this. Glad to see you guys recognize his efforts. However small the overall sample he gets is, I had a feeling you guys were paying attention to his work, and I was not disappointed. 

As a regular taker of Purzzle's surveys, I knew something looked familiar... 

Can't wait to see the results! 

Edit: If this works out well, I hope DE considers future partnerships. I have always felt the surveys asked very good questions and are very organized, and if the reach could be widened with Warframe's social media net, we could get incredible data that would be extremely useful. Right now Purzzle makes great surveys, but they are averaging rather small overall amounts of responses when you consider the size of the active playerbase. 

46 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I found it impossible to answer the question regarding enemy density. Because in Steel Path and ESO for example, the density is high and i like it. And in a random Lith-fissure the density might be painfully low and i would like to have more enemies more aswell. The conclusion that could be drawn from this might be that the player, in this case me wants Warframe to be a Horde Shooter with tons of enemies at all times, and that i want to use massive AoE-weapons and Abilities to deal with it. But thats not the the (whole) truth. Because at the same time i might enjoy low densities with higher level enemies in other scenarios where i use single-target weapons and actual tactics to deal with them.

Yeah, totally.  I really struggled with that one.  While I think the higher density in Steel Path is one major source for the AoE/Precision disparity, it has lots of positive aspects.  And any conversation about lowering density  has to come with consideration of progression and rewards.

I'd only be interested in lower density in Steel Path, and only if those other concerns were addressed.  And in any case, it's probably better to experiment with other things first, like adding inherent punch through to most single target weapons, introducing new enemies and mechanics that pump up the role of those weapons, and some measured nerfs to AoE ease of use.

Survey mean Devs run out of ideas and player base. Me as veteran, I haven't anything to do in game. This game would be great but instead of asking it's maybe time to make propers raid boses, rewards scaling, rework riven system (more slots to riven mods, more kuva in general to farm from kuva floods and other modes, rerolling 1 stat with locking others bonuses and/or negative). If nothing will be changed, I guess time to move on. 0 motivation to wait 1 year to get quest which close story - and get almost nothing as end game.

Archived