Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zariman personal housing

Terezmo

It's nice to have another place we can decorate and it looks very cozy and modern. But, wasn't the orbiter and that little room in the right side of the ship kind of like a housing system already in a sense? You can even fully customize your own clan dojo to whatever kind of style you see fit while also coming with its own utilities. I'm not against the idea of having a proper apartment-like housing structure, just found it kind of odd if something like this is necessary, I feel a little mixed about it.

It would really depend on the level of utility it brings imo... Players have complained for a long time about the number of amenities locked behind dojo construction so there's the potential for value in housing that offers the option of utility.
That said, they made most of the stuff available in other ways now too so any additional housing would definitely be somewhat subjective.
Best Case, it offers some value.
Worst Case, it hurts nothing to have it.

9 minutes ago, Terezmo said:

It's nice to have another place we can decorate and it looks very cozy and modern. But, wasn't the orbiter and that little room in the right side of the ship kind of like a housing system already in a sense? You can even fully customize your own clan dojo to whatever kind of style you see fit while also coming with its own utilities. I'm not against the idea of having a proper apartment-like housing structure, just found it kind of odd if something like this is necessary, I feel a little mixed about it.

I think its nice to have it included within a social hub. I hope squadmates can seamlessly enter my apartment with me.

i dont think it's necessary, just nice. Some people customise their dojos alone to have that sense of a house, but can struggle to get all the research alone. This can give people a bit more to customise without having to own a clan dojo. I know people in my clan have wanted to decorate small parts, like a room in an apartment room I'm eventually making, but its something that would need to be worked into my ideas because its my dojo. 

THe way I see it, it's just a more personalised mini-dojo without research. And a lot of people say the real end game is customisation, and jokes aside I think this is kind of true. After people have completed just about everything, having something to decorate and immerse themselves in can be the icing on the cake and a breath of fresh air before going back to grinding, and it can give people more to do between updates. I spent a lot of time decorating my dojo inbetween updates.

Yeah the Orbiter and Dojo already covered what a "housing" system typically does. Seems like a waste of dev time to make a third iteration when they could have just added to the existing two.

Like just adding a new "apartments" Dojo room to let players decorate it without needing permission to decorate the rest of the dojo. Or just adding more rooms to the Orbiter or making use of the post New War Orbiter.

2 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah the Orbiter and Dojo already covered what a "housing" system typically does. Seems like a waste of dev time to make a third iteration when they could have just added to the existing two.

Like just adding a new "apartments" Dojo room to let players decorate it without needing permission to decorate the rest of the dojo. Or just adding more rooms to the Orbiter or making use of the post New War Orbiter.

I like the idea of an apartment room for dojo (even though im making one myself) that allows decorations by non-decorators of the clan. Though maybe this new room could eventually be accessed through an elevator in the dojo or something? So people get their personal home and it can be accessed from the dojo, while still able to be taken with you if you leave/are kicked from the clan. 

I personally have wanted something to decorate that feels more homely than the orbiter, too. I find it hard to inspire myself to decorate the orbiter. 

i would've preferred a way to give each clan member their own room in the dojo. Like a clan barracks where you could visit each room by name or something. It couldve been a cool way for other players to drop off gifts, messages, clan awards, etc. 

Im kind of confused where this new apartment fits in though. Is it something you have to go to the star chart to visit? Where does it fit into the flow of gameplay? With the orbiter, my space is always there for me to seamlessly peek at. Im assuming this room is part of a new hub they expect us to spend a bunch of time in. Maybe newer players will appreciate it more as a new option to customize. I'm too set in my ways and used to my orbiter to even consider doing it all again. 

I have my own dojo but that is waaay to much space for me, mine is still pretty barren.   My ship though is packed with decorations from various adventures.   Im on ps4 and my game prob runs like crap because of how packed my ship is lol.   I dont know if the new apartments will even be big enough to help offload some of my stuff to make my ship load better...  but i totally appreciate more space.  

I think its cool we get to live on the Zariman again.   Seems kind of really dumb threat wise(living so close to the void?) but whatever lol.  

---------------------------------

- I really love Deadlock Protocol / Granum Voids because they had decorative granum crowns in the loot pool you could farm.   Felt a little like DC Universe Online where you got decorations for your bases from almost any mission.  I farmed a bunch of crowns to put in my ship as decorations.   I would love to see more missions that have decorations like that.   Would love to see DE start adding more decorations regularly.   I've been playing a ton of Elder Scrolls 5 also lately..  I dont have any of the skyrim DLC so houses kind of suck BUT I have been having fun collecting human skulls, trolls skulls, torches and decorating my house lol.   There was also cool jars with bugs in them.  

Anyways here is a look at my current ship...

Some players want it, so I think it's nice to give them the Zariman housing experience. It's nice to have a game that gives you many kinds of experiences and possibilities to explore and just have fun with what you like the most.

For me, housing is not essential, so I think I will just ignore it, the same way I ignore Conclave, high level runs on infinite missions (I've already done some, but it's so boring and I fell asleep so many times, it's a kind of thing I prefer to forget, except for SP Disruptions, where enemy level scales much faster).

Just take what you like and have fun with it.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Padre_Akais:

It would really depend on the level of utility it brings imo...

[...]
Best Case, it offers some value.
Worst Case, it hurts nothing to have it.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb DarkSkysz:

If it will be just another plat trap with no real gameplay benefits... I will just ignore it xD

Said it in another Topic while watching the Devstream already, if it will be just like the Orbiter where 90% of the Decorations are bought for Plat, it will probably do its work for DE but i will just ignore it for the most part, because it wont catch and keep my interest. Not even sure about the last time i visited my personal quarters, and while the new Camp is really nice and made me decorate just a little, i also dont spend much time there because...why? Just to look around? That doesnt keep me entertained ^^

But let us dream for a second (and while i really really hope it will be this way, i guess the above will be true):

• The Zariman is like the Open World Hubs with NPC's and stuff to do, directly connected to the different Nodes of the "Planet"
  • it will be the starting point for all players to start missions, buy and upgrade gear and come back to after the missions
  • Blueprints for decorations can be bought from the NPC's/found during missions/are just available
  • decorations can be funded with ressources you farm in this new Area
  • they could even add stuff like "scan plants to generate DNA-Data to reproduce those Plants in your new housing"
  • basic functions like access to your Foundry/Relics/etc is available in the new housing
  • advanced functions are available, stuff that influences your Operator for example (minor buffs, buffs combined with debuffs like corrupted mods, ...)
  • in order to get to these advanced functions, you have to play in the new Area and collect ressources/blueprints to build stuff in your housing and then use it
  • the housing will be connected to these evolving weapons they showed

So in short, the housing plays an active role in the progression of this new Area.

The housing expands with your progress - the more you progress the more you are able to afford.

There are different reasons to visit your housing or the housing of other Players - trade DNA (of plants/companions), interact with evolving weapons, manipulate your Operator, maybe even ways to craft items you (and everybody who is in your housing at the moment its crafted) bring to the next mission for certain conditions (like in Disruption: more eximus or enemy resistances but higher credit gain or stuff like that). Maybe each Player present has to contribute something to this item, and the ressources you need for those items obviously come from the Area.

That could be awesome - progress and gameplay is tied to the housing in some way and on the other hand, the level of progress you made building your housing also is an indicator on how much you progressed in this Area. There are gameplay reasons like trading and crafting Zariman-related Items for missions that encourage other players to visit your housing. And sure, sell Decorations for Plat aswell, that doesnt hurt, and i am more likely to buy them if there is a reason to constantly visit that place.

Now back to reality... its just another space to place plat-decorations, thats even more inaccessible than our personal quarters (it took them quite a while to reach the room in the Devstream) - why would i spend all this time travelling there constantly if there is absolutely no reason to do so? The personal quarters is just a few steps from the Arsenal and i dont even visit those because there is no reason.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i would've preferred a way to give each clan member their own room in the dojo. Like a clan barracks where you could visit each room by name or something. It couldve been a cool way for other players to drop off gifts, messages, clan awards, etc. 

This.

But really, I'm not too picky about this one. I wanted a personal apartnent for a long time and this seems to fit alright.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

it will be just like the Orbiter where 90% of the Decorations are bought for Plat, it will probably do its work for DE but i will just ignore it for the most part, 

Most of the decoration in my orbiter are from things earned in game. It's more of a trophy room than a doll house for me. 

Even the glyphs and displays I have are from twitch drops. I did buy several articula, a few resource items, bobble heads and dioramas though, but other than that it's mostly items earned just through playing. 

I do think the apartment will be geared more towards being a plat sink though. It's more for people that want to decorate and get creative, than it is for people that just want a cool place to display their earnables. 

i love the player housing idea. finally another space where i can unleash my creativity 😂

my concern is it'll just end up as "just another space to pile up floofs or ayatans". i wish DE would create items that are tailored for the apartments, like bigger pictures, bigger statues, longer items. or straight up different kind of items that would fit the space. like a shower head, or bathtub, probably cabinets, actual partition walls that aren't makeshift items, how about moving items (like huge tubes that opens up and shows your frames like tony stark's iron man suits), etc.

My personal take is this.

I'd rather have something to do in the game than have somewhere to decorate because there is nothing left to do in the game.

I asked a few guys in their dojo's why they made them look so amazing and the reply is always pretty much "There's nothing else to do"

I find the fact that such a large part of this update is another empty space to decorate worrying.

12 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

I'd rather have something to do in the game than have somewhere to decorate because there is nothing left to do in the game.

I asked a few guys in their dojo's why they made them look so amazing and the reply is always pretty much "There's nothing else to do"

I find the fact that such a large part of this update is another empty space to decorate worrying.

I wouldn't say a large part of the update is empty space to decorate when we're getting 3 new game modes, a new hub (and syndicate? Cant remember exactly off top of my head), as well as focus/operator and eximus reworks. I'd say it's a small part of an update that's offering quite a lot of stuff to do. 

20 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Define "something to do" because it sounds more like having nothing to grind or chase for so it's "nothing left to do in the game" that other games usually pad this with RNG drop with RNG stats to make you chase that "god roll" as "something to do"

36 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

It's hilarious how focused you are on the one thing you don't like that you missed the new game modes, reworks, new Warframe and the actual hub that the housing is a part of.

18 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Define "something to do" because it sounds more like having nothing to grind or chase for so it's "nothing left to do in the game" that other games usually pad this with RNG drop with RNG stats to make you chase that "god roll" as "something to do"

Literally I have nothing to do, it's why I'm playing other games and not Warframe at the moment.

The builds I have are good enough to allow me to solo every single thing that Digital Extremes has throw at me.

I don't need those God Roll items simply because there is nothing in the game that requires them.

After 6500+ hours in Warframe I've finally hit the buffers as far as existing content is concerned.

I am one of those people who actually wants something to play, something new in Warframe and not something recycled from other parts of the game and not cosmetics.

This is why New War felt so good because of changes the quest made (without going into spoilers.)

But, nothing  from New War actually made it into the post quest game.

That is what I was expecting from this update.

Not player housing.

We'll see what it brings when it drops, maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing.

UniFying CoNteNt (tm)

We have, like, 4 places we can call "home" - Dojo, Orbiter, Spoiler camp and now - Zariman appartment.

All I want is a place that is BIGGER than a crammed Orbiter, CUSTOMIZABLE (to certain extent) and can provide reacreation and social functions, like Dojo, and FUNCTIONAL (has all the gameplay hubs - foundry, news, navigation, mod bench, etc.). Why can't we have that?

16 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have my own dojo but that is waaay to much space for me, mine is still pretty barren.   My ship though is packed with decorations from various adventures.   Im on ps4 and my game prob runs like crap because of how packed my ship is lol.   I dont know if the new apartments will even be big enough to help offload some of my stuff to make my ship load better...  but i totally appreciate more space.  

I think its cool we get to live on the Zariman again.   Seems kind of really dumb threat wise(living so close to the void?) but whatever lol.  

---------------------------------

- I really love Deadlock Protocol / Granum Voids because they had decorative granum crowns in the loot pool you could farm.   Felt a little like DC Universe Online where you got decorations for your bases from almost any mission.  I farmed a bunch of crowns to put in my ship as decorations.   I would love to see more missions that have decorations like that.   Would love to see DE start adding more decorations regularly.   I've been playing a ton of Elder Scrolls 5 also lately..  I dont have any of the skyrim DLC so houses kind of suck BUT I have been having fun collecting human skulls, trolls skulls, torches and decorating my house lol.   There was also cool jars with bugs in them.  

Anyways here is a look at my current ship...

My god... my eyes are gonna explode with all that bloom. Horrible effect past 4

Archived