The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ok fellas how y'all feeling about the incarnon adapters

Skoomaseller

Never thought i'd be adding a potato and formaing paris prime and braton vandal. Strun prime was a decent single target shotgun already, with this new upgrade it's amazing in both single target and aoe. i'm liking this system a lot, keep them coming i say! 

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not looking for tips by the way.   I always -try- to figure out content solo first.   Hopefully this one is more fun to untangle than eidolons, which I still haven't succeeded at after 5 years or so.   (I'm going to say a lot of that is lack of effort though, as I just haven't made many attempts in that time.)

Fair enough, and I approach things the same way.  Avoid spoilers and try to figure it out.

It's why I was confused by the steel path version of the orowyrm because I did the base version a few times and then was like "Uhhh...what do I do now?" though after a short while it clicked and made sense...though some things can do with better explanations IMHO.

And I do find this much better than Eidolons.  It's actually a fun fight I don't mind grinding until I get the needed clamps....and not having to deal with RNG on the part of the Orowyrm or its rewards is a nice thing as well.

Eidolons aren't terrible, they just aren't fun IMHO.
The orbs are better admittedly but I don't go out of my way to fight them unless I need something from them.
The orowyrms are actually enjoyable with satisfying mechanics, and I really enjoy that steel path adds more mechanics to the fight instead of just bigger numbers.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

It doesn't take that long to farm the resources.
Even when I was faced with getting 250 nacreous pebbles for the Lato incarnon genesis and getting only 4-7 at a time from fishing in Duviri that didn't take much time at all...and I got more than enough Maw Fangs and aurelite scales to build some of the other incarnon genesis costs I've seen floated around the internet.

I actually like it.
It' basically "balances" the variants into much more of a sidegrade while still providing a very nice power bump.

It also means that people can't complain about some of the incarnon genesis versions being out of reach and having better stats that are simply impossible to get.
For example if something has a vaulted prime that is annoying to get (such as the Boltor Prime) you can just use the permanently available Telos Boltor and get roughly the same output when it is in incarnon mode....which is fair and nice.

What are some problems you're having with the Orowyrm fight?
I briefly got confused by the steel path mechanics for taking it over but it made sense in the end....at least enough to beat it.

Once you figure it out though it's a rather satisfying fight, and honestly IMHO it's one of the best boss fights warframe has to offer.

Have you farmed a resource that isn’t immediately available through fishing? Because I got an Incarnon asking for 70 dracroot and the only time I’ve gotten those is by finding them throughout Duviri randomly. And they are not common.

can't say too much as I've only gotten the Braton done so far, still need to hit T10 for this week for Latron. Braton Incarnon is naughty though. turning into an AoE LMG like that.. I LOVE it. only downside is needing to farm quite a lot of stuff, but if all the weapons see this level of improvement, then I'd say it's worth it.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Have you farmed a resource that isn’t immediately available through fishing? Because I got an Incarnon asking for 70 dracroot and the only time I’ve gotten those is by finding them throughout Duviri randomly. And they are not common.

Yes I have, plenty of times.

I've ended spirals with over 100 dracoroot in my inventory.

The only rare/hard to get one was for a friend who needed eevoni, which spawns in two locations which are available depending on what spiral you're in.
He needed 70-90 or something for his incarnon, we got it in a few very short focused runs of "Run over to the area that is available that has it, pick it up, do a quick side objective, restart" and got his in very short order considering that even though it only ever spawns in two locations and they aren't always available it wasn't hard to come away with 30-40 per single run....

I dont like that someone at DE arbitrarily decides what buffs to put in each node.  I'd like node options to be more universal.     Compare Phemor to Braton.  

I didnt latch onto the first batch of incarnums from Zarimon, except for archon hunting.  I dont really see me using any of these guns in general play.   I like melee's alot though so I will happily use any of those.

The only thing I will say is that I would like a meter on incarnum melee's to show how long I-mode has left.   A.  Just because its not clear and B. it matters in case you need to build up your combo to activate it before it fades. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The only thing I will say is that I would like a meter on incarnum melee's to show how long I-mode has left.   A.  Just because its not clear and B. it matters in case you need to build up your combo to activate it before it fades. 

Don't know about the Genesis Incarnon melee, but Innodem and Praedos have a countdown timer in the buff bar.

A meter would be great though.  Waaay too many things in the buff bar.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

That would be very helpful.
I've found that so far though the melees my friends and I have been running with last around 3 minutes in incarnon mode, double that of the original incarnon weapons 90 seconds.

Apart from those that already received a prime variant (eg Latron, Lato, Paris, etc), I think all other listed weapons will have the incarnon version instead of a prime. So goodbye Furax Prime and Miter Prime, you will be missed although we have never met.

Enjoying them a lot so far. Though, I was the kind of player that already tried making some of these weapons Steel Path viable, with Forma Investments, Rivens I picked up over the years, etc Though I invested more into the Braton Vandal, but decided to use my Incarnon on the Braton Prime, which had no Forma, and then to level it back up. I was surprised at how it it could now handle Steel Path Kuva Fortress missions. 

Paris Prime is my favourite though so far, gimmick wise. It reminds me of the Crissaegrim from Castlevania. Aka the Valmanway aka Blessed Wind. In that game, the gimmick was that was a sword that hit and moved so fast, it gave the impression of multiple blades bending and swirling, hitting many many multiple times than normal swords. With the Paris Prime Incarnon, it looks like you launch a whole bunch of spinning blades/scythes at the enemies that cut through them like butter. 

Am curious to see all the rest of the weapons will be like and getting my hands on them. Especially some of the secondaries and melee options. 

Small part of me wishes they added a few new original and unique Incarnon weapons though too. 

Also wish we could preview the Incarnon form in Appearance selection, so we could fashion it with that in mind.

Did the adapters for Braton and Bo (since I have those primes).  Kinda feels like they did a good job at ensuring that no choices for the week were the wrong ones so far.

Very much looking forward to the adapter for the Stug whenever that comes out. 🤣

I can honestly say: Furis Incarnon is hilarious to me. I wasn't expecting a sodding mini flamethrower! 

I do like the idea these adapters are going for though, It's like  an interesting refresh to older weapons I wasn't expecting to dust off something like the Strun or Furax, I'm all for stuff like that. 

I wonder what  the Ack & Brunt will be like? I loved that weapon.

I wonder if these adaptors make these weapons better against Archons? Like the original set semi are?

23 minutes ago, Vahenir said:

They look nice, but i kind of wish there was another way of getting them other than RNG gear steel path mode.

Make friends with the following frames:
Khora
Mesa
Ash
Garuda
Protea
Excalibur

As long as any one of them pops up in the rota, is fine. No need to worry about weapon loadout.

32 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

As long as any one of them pops up in the rota, is fine. No need to worry about weapon loadout.

Titania also works really well. Hildryn could probably do the trick with her massive shields and armor strip, should make even weaksauce weapons work well enough. Not to mention her balefire charger. There are a lot of options.

Still i was never a fan of steel path in general even when i can pick my gear. More so due to enemy damage reaching stupid levels than them being too tanky. Which means the frames i consider steel path viable are those that are tanky/evasive enough to survive without going all in on shield gating.

16 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Fair enough, and I approach things the same way.  Avoid spoilers and try to figure it out.

It's why I was confused by the steel path version of the orowyrm because I did the base version a few times and then was like "Uhhh...what do I do now?" though after a short while it clicked and made sense...though some things can do with better explanations IMHO.

And I do find this much better than Eidolons.  It's actually a fun fight I don't mind grinding until I get the needed clamps....and not having to deal with RNG on the part of the Orowyrm or its rewards is a nice thing as well.

Eidolons aren't terrible, they just aren't fun IMHO.
The orbs are better admittedly but I don't go out of my way to fight them unless I need something from them.
The orowyrms are actually enjoyable with satisfying mechanics, and I really enjoy that steel path adds more mechanics to the fight instead of just bigger numbers.

i had the opposite problem with the orowyrms.

Since I have so far never touched normal duviri until today, I was confused during the orowyrm fight when I realized I accidentally went into non-SP duviri experience today, lmao

1 hour ago, Mediloric said:

I wonder what  the Ack & Brunt will be like? I loved that weapon.

I wonder if these adaptors make these weapons better against Archons? Like the original set semi are?

I... think they'll be good for archons, but lack of Evo V devouring/devastating attrition means they probably fall behind just a liiiiittle bit. 

they'll still be insane though 

The slow-drip method of two per week annoys me enough to not be interested in collecting most of them. I'll go for one when other friends are interested, but I have no motivation to get any myself. That's on top of already having way too many OP weapons, and still most things aren't challenging enough to be worth bringing all the power.

22 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

ok fellas how y'all feeling about the incarnon adapters

They are great, but...

DE first nerfs AoE ammo into the ground, then creates new AoE weapons with infinite ammo?? How does that make sense?

Also any melee with .6 follow through is trash and will forever be trash, you could slap 2 adapters on there and it won't change a thing.

Archived