Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some removed features that you miss?

Zahnny

Been thinking about some Warframe changes that removed features or mechanics that I liked that are no longer a thing in the current build.

This is mostly a small feature, but for the longest time. When you loaded into a mission you'd get a very small challenge for every single mission you jumped into that gave you I think 1k affinity. I know it wasn't much and I never cared for the affinity since it was so low but I always found myself wanting to do those tiny challenges if possible in missions. It wasn't much but I always felt fond of them. I can't remember when they were removed, but I think it was when Nightwave was introduced.

The second is larger features revolving the Kuva Lich/Sister of Parvos systems. I liked how in the past their influence wasn't tied to just one planet. As their power grew so did their influence over the system leading to multiple planets being under their control, including planets of the opposite faction, resulting in Grineer on Corpus tilesets and etc.

The other part was, Kuva Liches used to take much more than just our credits. I know to some players it was annoying to lose their Sortie grofits due to the Liches but I always found it a pretty great and immersive feature. Neglecting your Lich or Sister would come back to bite you if they robbed you of something you actually wanted. And while maybe it wasn't the best solution in the world, it did manage to do what players are always asking for. It managed to connect two content islands in Warframe in an organic way. Maybe it was grind on grind but I'd consider that a self-imposed player punishment for activating a Lich and neglecting them instead of sorting it out.

Also this comic no longer happens which I find sad.

Spoiler

EhRCe_oU8AAn7qQ?format=jpg&name=large

I get in the past taking Rivens was probably stopped due to the fact you could stockpile Rivens under a Lich, but since Rivens are now reworked to take up less inventory space I feel like that's no longer a problem.

• Like 5

If Trial is counted as a feature, then the thing that I missed the most is Trial.

Trial/Raid missions: Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict. 

This feature is the only thing that makes my clan lively and communicating with each other. We do it daily, grouping our clanmates that wanted to join the normal/Nightmare and communicates which mates getting the roles for Trinity, etc. After the devs removed Trial, my clan is freaking dead. Nobody wanted to play or help each other anymore. From Mountain to Shadow tier clan; should be Ghost because now we only have 1-4 mates online.

• Like 7

I miss movement 1.0, there were quirks with the system (that got completely overshadowed thanks to coptering) that made navigating rooms incredibly engaging. Plus wall running has always looked/felt better than wall hops.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, trst said:

I miss movement 1.0, there were quirks with the system (that got completely overshadowed thanks to coptering) that made navigating rooms incredibly engaging. Plus wall running has always looked/felt better than wall hops.

I always loved that slide+jump thinggy where it launched you forwards. I know bullet jump is essentially the same thing but I do miss it.

Honestly, I feel wall running could be reintroduced if it acted almost like a "cruise control" while aiming. Have your tenno run along the wall while you focus on aiming at enemies.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

The perma zenurik buff and the renewable revives from vazarin.

I use Zenurik and wasn't aware of a perma Zenurik buff. But I will miss the old version of Temporal Blast. The current "ability" version is extremely nerfed. I don't mind that they nerfed it against bosses, but now it sucks against Demolysts.

• Like 1

I miss the first iteration of fissures. Yes they were objectively terrible, but there was something in preparing for them in the chat and discussing whose farm frame needs to do what and how Nekros needs not to forget to mutilate the Void trace guy with his slash based melee before he spams that 3.

They were like miniature bad raid mechanics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

The old archwing flight model with inertia. Also you could do loops & barrel rolls. Why on Earth did they remove that?

But we do have kaithes now so that’s good.

There's things I like about both archwing systems, but boy did I love the movement previously. It was so fun zipping around tight corners really fast, now it doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Also this comic no longer happens which I find sad.

Liches can still take Archon shards IIRC, so that comic still applies, just replace "purple card thing" with "glowing crystal".

it may sound silly to some, but I miss the Scarlet Spear relays: they looked a LOT cooler than the regular ones and it gave me a sense of unity, that the entire warframe fanbase was coming together to kick some Sentient a$$. this is what I hoped would happen again in The New War. alas, it was not to be.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

but I miss the Scarlet Spear relays: they looked a LOT cooler than the regular ones and it gave me a sense of unity,

I could be wrong, but I think several Sentient Railjack/Archwing enemies are completely unavailible since it ended. I think they may appear in The New War, but that's a several hour long quest for just a few minutes of them.

• Like 2

Off hand ill have to say pre-plexus railjack modding/systems. That whole update just turned railjack so easy it became dull. Stuff like using warframe energy is still annoying at best and the railjack having its own energy pool was better. 

Cover vaulting. Way back in the day there was a short period where pressing Jump and forward while next to a waist-high object would let you vault over it with a hefty amount of forward momentum. It was removed quite quickly, but I always felt it would have been better to keep it with some tweaks. Having to awkwardly hop over things feels like a downgrade.

On 2023-05-03 at 8:52 AM, FadeToNull said:

The old archwing flight model with inertia. Also you could do loops & barrel rolls. Why on Earth did they remove that?

That was more of a revert than a removal. The high inertia version of archwing was actually the second iteration of its movement, and IIRC it was rather contentious at the time. I personally preferred the original, but could deal with both.

One thing I do miss is the "Boost" that it used to have (Hold Space while "sprinting"). I know Blinking is technically quicker, but the boost felt much more stylish.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 4

Honestly, half the weapon nerfs over the years. If we can have stupid Incarnon stats/AoE modes on Mk-1 weapons, I don't see why Synoid Simulor needs to remain in a bad state, Telos Boltace old ability could return, Maiming Strike (additive with reduced stats and not scaling with Blood Rush) etc.

• Like 6

I miss the Operator 1.0. When it was just a burst of sheer, pure energy, screen shaking and all. That gave such an impression of rough power that had to be contained in Warframes.

Never got this feeling ever again since the more "playable" versions of the Operator, which are mostly buffers/revivers. Original Operators were fundamentally useless (like a 20-seconds burst on 5-minutes cooldown, something like this ?), but damn that felt powerful af.

---

I understand why it was changed, but I miss the fact you couldn't self-revive during bleedout. It incentivized your allies to revive you, and it incentivized you to not die to begin with

---

Edit: damn right @Voltage, bring back the TBoltace 😶

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 4

I miss liches snapping your back when you got the kill code wrong. I also miss them slowly taking over the star chart.

The old wall run animations where your hand used to touch against the wall as you ran against it. I feel like that was a thing? I might be totally misremembering though.

• Like 7