Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens instead of incarnons in Circuit? Not sure if I like it.

Harutomata

I think it's great that DE addressed that Circuit is going to become inactive once people get all the possible incarnon genesis adapters.
However I feel like rivens are not great rewards for tier 5 and tier 10. Personally I would have prefer if it dropped things like Pathos Clamps, Orokin Catalysts and built Forma.
I actually like SP Circuit, but rivens are not much of an incentive for me. I have a bunch I didn't unveil at all, but maybe it's just me being lazy about bothering with those. Not to mention you get them from sorties like half of the times, and Paladino offers two every week just for riven slivers. The time investment required for those different methods seem quite disproportionate, and not in favor of getting them from SP circuit.
What do you guys think?

• Like 11

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Harutomata:

I think it's great that DE addressed that Circuit is going to become inactive once people get all the possible incarnon genesis adapters.
However I feel like rivens are not great rewards for tier 5 and tier 10. Personally I would have prefer if it dropped things like Pathos Clamps, Orokin Catalysts and built Forma.
I actually like SP Circuit, but rivens are not much of an incentive for me. I have a bunch I didn't unveil at all, but maybe it's just me being lazy about bothering with those. Not to mention you get them from sorties like half of the times, and Paladino offers two every week just for riven slivers. The time investment required for those different methods seem quite disproportionate, and not in favor of getting them from SP circuit.
What do you guys think?

I think that I personally love Rivens. We have a great source for Pathos clamps which only takes a couple of minutes. If you are dead set to it, you can farm100 Clamps per hour. Orokin catalysts and built forma are one of the main moneymakers for DE, why would they put them in? Or would you willingly forego parts of your wage to make your boss happy?

There are only so many activities to get Rivens, here are 2 more, great. If you find a good riven, you can easily sell them for plat and buy tons of Forma and Orokin Catalysts.

• Like 2

Just now, Dunkelheit said:

I think that I personally love Rivens. We have a great source for Pathos clamps which only takes a couple of minutes. If you are dead set to it, you can farm100 Clamps per hour. Orokin catalysts and built forma are one of the main moneymakers for DE, why would they put them in? Or would you willingly forego parts of your wage to make your boss happy?

There are only so many activities to get Rivens, here are 2 more, great. If you find a good riven, you can easily sell them for plat and buy tons of Forma and Orokin Catalysts.

Not a fan of gambling personally. Can't we both get a reward choice we would consider a worthy time investment to our tastes?

That's not a great analogy anyway. You can get things like orokin catalyst blueprints and things like built exilus adapters for Pathos Clamps which can also be bought with plat, and they're not unlimited stock but a weekly thing, just like Circuit rewards. Are Acrithis' weekly wares making DE bankrupt? They're offering more replayability to more than half of Duviri. It'd just extend that replayability to Circuit too besides Lone Story and Duviri Experience.

Sure you can get Pathos Clamps from spamming Duviri Experience missions (realistically speaking it's more like 60 per hour) but it gets boring very quickly, so I don't see why more variety to get them would be a problem, unless making the player feel like the game is repetitive is supposed to be a beneficial and good thing for both the player and the developers. See how that works out for other games' reputation and player retention like WoW for example.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harutomata said:

Same.  I mean, I don't particularly care about Catalysts.  But I'll point out the beauty of  Clamps is they are a route to getting anything in Acrithis' store.  Catalysts, rivens, arcanes,  etc.  (Not built forma though.)

2 hours ago, Harutomata said:

I actually like SP Circuit, but rivens are not much of an incentive for me.

Same again.  But yeah, the truth is I like it more when I've got interesting rewards to work for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harutomata said:

but rivens are not much of an incentive for me.

The problem here is that there's no winning with this type of argument. You might not want Rivens but many others might not want Clamps, Catalysts, or Forma.

Also you mention Rivens coming out of Sorties and Palladino but Catalysts come from Nightwave, Alerts, and Acrithis. Forma comes from the same places and is easy to get in bulk via player trade. And Clamps are only used for a finite number of things and one weekly shop while not being difficult to amass anyways.

Also Rivens are tradable meaning they do retain value to everyone who's willing to engage in trade. Which is more than can be said about most other resources.

If the idea is to give a reward that people will keep coming back for, clamps would be a terrible replacement.  Not only are they already available just as easily elsewhere, there's a fixed limit to how many a single player needs.  So even if someone wants everything that you need clamps for, you need only 1460.  Just like with the incarnons, once a player has all that they want, they're done.  And that happens on a fixed cycle.  Rivens on the other hand, by nature of them being random is much easier to keep the player coming back.  Yes, a player could get what they want on their first try, but they probably won't.  So they'll come back.  Again, and again, and again, until they finally get what they want. 

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

If the idea is to give a reward that people will keep coming back for, clamps would be a terrible replacement.  Not only are they already available just as easily elsewhere, there's a fixed limit to how many a single player needs.  So even if someone wants everything that you need clamps for, you need only 1460.  Just like with the incarnons, once a player has all that they want, they're done.  And that happens on a fixed cycle.  Rivens on the other hand, by nature of them being random is much easier to keep the player coming back.  Yes, a player could get what they want on their first try, but they probably won't.  So they'll come back.  Again, and again, and again, until they finally get what they want. 

If rivens have evergreen value than so do Clamps.  Since rivens can be acquired with Clamps. 

People who  want rivens and nothing else might run up against the limits in the Acrithis store though.  I suppose those could change.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If rivens have evergreen value than so do Clamps.  Since rivens can be acquired with Clamps. 

People who  want rivens and nothing else might run up against the limits in the Acrithis store though.  I suppose those could change.

Ah, you're right.  I'd forgotten that the Duviri vendor sells them.  Though it appears that they may not appear, and which one you can get is random.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Though it appears that they may not appear, and which one you can get is random.

Yeah, and I'd guess it's only once per week for whichever appear.  (Never actually bought rivens or much of anything from her, so I don't know for sure.)

But revising stuff like that in the store seems reasonable too.

4 hours ago, trst said:

The problem here is that there's no winning with this type of argument. You might not want Rivens but many others might not want Clamps, Catalysts, or Forma.

Of course there's winning, since Clamps can be used to buy Rivens, Catalysts, and Forma. You might not want Rivens, so you can instead buy Catalysts. I might not want Catalysts, so  I can instead buy Forma. Everyone wins when everyone can pursue the reward they personally find valuable.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Of course there's winning, since Clamps can be used to buy Rivens, Catalysts, and Forma. You might not want Rivens, so you can instead buy Catalysts. I might not want Catalysts, so  I can instead buy Forma. Everyone wins when everyone can pursue the reward they personally find valuable.

What if I only want flawed mods or puddle?

IMO, they'd have to reward you a good amount of Clamps to balance some of the outrageous prices in the Duviri shop. For example, I think you are far better off buying/earning Reactors/Catalysts from grinding Nightwave.

EDIT: IIRC, the Duviri shop sells Forma BP for Clamps... that one is an amazingly bad deal!

Edited by nslay

8 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

I think a sizeable reward of pathos clamps would be an excellent idea.

I mean, there's no way DE isn't aware of this suggestion since the launch of Duviri. Seeing them put Rivens into The Circuit which takes multiple hours for Tier 10, I have no confidence that they are invested in making sure the gamemode feels rewarding after you finish Adapters. That's fine with me though. The time-gated weekly rotation and awful Arcane acquisition after Tier 10 made it such a drag to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Except Rivens, Forma, and Catalysts are weekly offers from Acrithis' shop and she doesn't always stock them. While Catalysts are always in the Nightwave shop and Forma is easier to get via player trade but is still always available from Relics. Meanwhile Rivens are only offered from weekly or limited stock sources making them harder to get.

Clamps simply aren't a worthwhile reward with how easy they are to get otherwise and how little you can end up needing per week depending on shop RNG.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Except Rivens, Forma, and Catalysts are weekly offers from Acrithis' shop and she doesn't always stock them. While Catalysts are always in the Nightwave shop and Forma is easier to get via player trade but is still always available from Relics. Meanwhile Rivens are only offered from weekly or limited stock sources making them harder to get.

Clamps simply aren't a worthwhile reward with how easy they are to get otherwise and how little you can end up needing per week depending on shop RNG.

So add more offerings. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4