Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is Incarnon weapons removing weapon skins a deal breaker for anyone else?

Prof-Dante

If the weapon itself looks good, it's cool, like it's evolving into it's void touched form.

however if I want to use a beautiful skin like Nezha's deluxe Dagger...I don't want it removed, Ceramic isn't really the pinnacle of blade fashion, so despite it's immense cosmic power, it's still annoying for me.

• Like 7

Personally? Not yet, not with their current selection of weapons. 

However... if I had Tennogen or just skins I preferred over the design that default appearance they took on, I'd probably be a bit bothered. I'd probably still use the Incarnon and weapon if I really enjoyed it, otherwise, but it could be a deal breaker on certain weapons. For example, I would probably use certain Kitguns and Zaws more if I could improve their fashion. Likewise certain Heavy Blades, I prefer some of the Tennogen I have for them, but with outs, I may still like the default, and would be stoked if they did get an Incarnon.

Either way, regardless of how I personally feel, including liking the new designs/aesthetic that get added via the Incarnon mode, I hope its something DE looks into and attempts to modify, if they can, as its one of those things I know is important to people and generally speaking, if people pay Plat for stuff, they should be able to use it, without it being overridden. 

• Like 1

Yes it is. Some skins are massive and it bothers me when warframe uses them like a small hand gun

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Zundi skin was satisfying to use before this "bug" or "feature" was changed. Now it's collecting dust again. If only I could choose Primary or Secondary weapon animations with Secondaries.

Edited by Tuli_Donitsi

Originally, Zariman weapons used skins when transformed and DE removed that option.

They missed a few skins with Incarnon Genesis. For example Paris Prime with the Abra skin keeps the Abra skin on the bow itself even after transformation. The quiver on your back does revert back to Paris Prime version though.

34 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Specific weapon skins that only retexture them work, like camo skins and conclave skins, but as soon as there is a model swap it stops working. Which is nice sometimes, like the conclave skin on the angstrum is neat imo.

It depends on the weapon. Atomos' incarnon form is based on the weapon's default appearance no matter what skin you use.

Not really. But my brain does suffer slight OCD from it since the skin doesnt transfer over to incarnon. So if I equip a solstice skin for instance my brain goes "nuh hu!" since when incarnon activates it is no longer the same gun because the solstice pattern disappears while in reality that part of the gun doesnt actually change in the incarnon transformation, since you can see that it doesnt if you use the basic intended skin. And if I equip a completely different skin my brain likely wants to murder me. It refused to talk to me for about a week after I slapped the 2x barrel shotgun skin on Laetum. Overreact much!?

So for now I dont use anything but the basic skins. 

5 hours ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

Yes it is. Some skins are massive and it bothers me when warframe uses them like a small hand gun

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Zundi skin was satisfying to use. Now it's collecting dust again. If only I could choose Primary or Secondary weapon animations with Secondaries.

That screenshot to me looks like laetum in incarnon form specifically NOT overriding zundi skin. so I dunno what do you mean in here.
as far as my experience goes with that skin, any pistol incarnon or not, that can use the skin uses exact same animation (and notably not the one on the pic, never had frame hold zundi like that)

Annoying, yes.  Dealbreaker? No.  Especially since I use these weapons in regular mode a lot.

Although maybe someday there will be a really powerful but ugly incarnon on a weapon I find really beautiful otherwise.  Like if Endura Incarnon is awesome but looks like a glow-y children's bicycle, I'll be kinda irked.

Edited by Tiltskillet

I feel like the devs could have come up with a solution if they really wanted to.

Same could've been said for voidshells.....

They just don't care when it comes to cosmetic issues like this most of the time. They still haven't settled on a design principle for what color channels should color what parts for Armors and Operator suits, making it impossible to mix and match a large majority of them together. We're still getting things that use the same color channel for metallic and non-metallic parts of it's texture when they've gotten literally thousands of posts about how doing that is incredibly ugly. It's really frustrating.

It's not a dealbreaker because I'm not spending my time in missions etc looking at the skins of a weapon and also because incarnon mode isn't always up. At most it's a minor point of work that DE could look at adjusting/fixing as part of the range of customisation options we have overall.

I actually kind of like it for some of my melee weapons because it makes it easy to tell whether my weapon is currently in Incarnon mode.

But also, it would probably be better if we had the option to control whether the skin changed or not.  Presumably most people want to see the skins they chose to equip.

This wouldn't be a hard thing to fix.
They just need to add an attachment point to the models and use the Incarnon visuals as an overlay instead of a replacement.

I do this sorta stuff all the time with models to give things "flare" like changing the color of a character's eyes.

Spoiler

5ckwCyy.png

You can see the model point emitter in this shot RLs9UMC.png

Pretty simple stuff. It's funny when games like Path of Exile charge money for this kinda thing. Takes 5 min.

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

This wouldn't be a hard thing to fix.
They just need to add an attachment point to the models and use the Incarnon visuals as an overlay instead of a replacement.

I do this sorta stuff all the time with models to give things "flare" like changing the color of a character's eyes.

Hide contents

5ckwCyy.png

You can see the model point emitter in this shot RLs9UMC.png

Pretty simple stuff. It's funny when games like Path of Exile charge money for this kinda thing. Takes 5 min.

I wholeheartedly support, BUT, i'm guarantee some (maybe even a lot) will complain "bUt iT clIpS " 

13 minutes ago, TsukuyomiNoGeki said:

I wholeheartedly support, BUT, i'm guarantee some (maybe even a lot) will complain "bUt iT clIpS " 

Yea, that would be the one downside to using an generalized overlay model/effect. It's not one size fits all. They can scale it but it's not perfect.

This game has gained a lot of clipping issues. I see it all over. Even without fashion. Ever look at the hologram of the Acrithis in the Dormizone?

Spoiler

6Wpl3BK.png